X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Worst Gun Malfunction

Cyma RPK

Bought second hand with the description stating it had a new V3 in it

First skirmish: Fires ten shots, then piston works free and locks gun. Well, OK, these things happen. Disassemble, threadlock piston screw on.

Second skirmish: Chronos 230fps (first warning sign) then piston works free and locks gun. Disassemble, this time the thread on the piston screw has sodded off entirely. Buy new piston (and cylinder head).

Rebuild gearbox. Fires ten perfect shots, and then it stops feeding BBs. Disassemble, find the tappet plate has snapped.

No wonder the guy who sold it to me was so nervous.

Comment

Not really a case of a major malfunction. But it was funny for the Marshall.
      1st game with a brand new g&g predator and we high capa.

We are playing DEA agents opFor are cartel drug runners. Holding all the objectives we are comfortable but under siege in our base.
      Sneaky git that I am I wrap around the back of the besieging cartel players. Get the stone cold drop on one of them.
      Then it all goes Pete tong.
      I pop up from behind a bush, fresh mag loaded, gun in 3 round burst mode. Squeeze the trigger, the gun cycles and nothing. Not even a pea roller of a bb. I squeeze the trigger twice more to the same conclusion.
      About now the cartel player is reacting. Looking up and turning to shoot.

As he does, I drop my rifle, draw my pistol from inside my assault vest and empty the mag at the guy. Despite aiming at his torso, from maybe 5 metres away, not a single shot hits as they all veer wildly.

The cartel player does that most noble of things and puts a single round dead centre of my chest. Hit, arm up and I walk away.
      The Marshall watching this just looked...well...dumb founded.
      My language was....interesting.
      The cartel player....well he probably won the lotto midweek.

Comment

Ghostwalker you still having problems with your predator?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Somewhat mate. Gave it a damn good clean, cleaned all the mags and adjusted the hop slightly. Will see how it performs next time out mate. Hex mags definately seem the best overall match to the gun though. Just the hiccup when it wasn't feeding properly in burst mode....but (touch wood) the clean up seems to have solved that when garden plinking at least.
          How's yours holding up?

Comment

Ive taken it to a shop to get sortted i wished i brought the M14 instead now

Comment

I'm kinda wishing I had gone for a hpa tippman.
              Gonna try and sort the pred out though. Fingers crossed I can get it working effectively

Comment

Same here mate and if i see a g&g rep i wud shove it where the sun dsnt shine.

Comment

Reckon that would definately win the title of 'worst gun malfunction' lol

Comment

Ghost do you get a good range on your gun as mine is pants and im waiting for them dytec mags to come back in to stock

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cornishpotshot I'm crazy, even thinking about talking to me shows that you are also a lunatic! Find out more about cornishpotshot
                    Working...
                    X