Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grenades (pro arms)

Hi

I was just going to buy some pro arms grenades but was wondering if anyone has had them before and if they were any good at all.

cheers
    jack
    Last edited by The Keeper of Secrets; 30 December, 2009, 23:59. Reason: txt speak.

Re: Grenades (pro arms)

yes they are,
    I bought a six (metal type) to use in my 6-tube launcher, was so pleased I got 6 more; now roll with 18 shells total

Anyway back to your question, I believe, they are a copy of the king arms shells; they are very solidly constructed, and the mechanism uses 4 larger lock bearing, rather than the 8 small ones you get in a moscart, so maintenance, whilst still fiddly, can be done without expensive tools. Recocking is easier and they usually re-seat first time, also I've never had one go off by mis-take, which I have seen other makes do.

All the main seals work well without leaks, and you can aslo buy a rebuild kit (seals & bearing) for them if needed; I bought a couple but have never needed to use them.

The only down side is the filler valve, these are fine if using green gas or propane; but although the shell is rated for Co2, most of mine blew the filler valve seals inside out when I tried using it, swapped the valves to high presssure mad-bull ones, and problem solved.

they are very effective using green gas, but Co2 is better; it needs a harder trigger pull, but worth it as the bang is emmence, and winter weather has no detremental effects.

hope this helps Jester

P.S. A friend of mine bought some of the plastic ones, and he was pleased with them, but obviuosly they are bottle gas ONLY !!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

how do you load to Co2 ones if i may ask? with a bulb? does a whole bulb go into one?

Chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

I use a mad-bull Co2 charger/regulator, the deluxe version as sold on Z1 (£80) allows you to use a Co2 caplet, rather than connecting to a large bottle.
        Each caplet will do about 6-8 shell fills, at 50p each caplet that's none to bad price wise.
        sigpic

Comment

thanks for the help there jester

That is good to hear as i just bought 7 der.

Comment

So a lot of sites don't allow co2 but is it different with grenades for launchers? Or are they allowed in winter as can gas does not cut it?
            sigpic
            Armoury:Tm mp5/Ics m16/Spartac AK74U/Spartac AK pistol/m56c/Hfc m190/Tm m9 tactical master/Armourer works HX11/Dynatex BFG

Comment

Originally posted by Dude666fx View Post
              So a lot of sites don't allow co2 but is it different with grenades for launchers? Or are they allowed in winter as can gas does not cut it?
              It's really a question of asking the site organiser, any problem will usually stem from not being possible to chrono a grenade lanucher; when I first started using Co2 for shells, I found the best way forward was to prove to the organiser that I was under the power limit for AEG's.

I did this by layering two pieces of thick cardboard to create a target, then shot it from a fair distance with a pre-cronographed AEG; keep closing on target a few feet at a time until you reach a point where bb's start going right through.
              This gives you a physical benchmark for the AEG limit. You can regulate your Co2 to a pressure where, when fired from the same distance, none of the bb's will go through, you are then clearly below the site limit for a full-auto AEG

I set mine low enough to heavily 'dent' the first piece of cardboard, without going right through, it's therefore well under our 328 aeg limit, but still has enough punch to make it usable; I set my regulator to 500psi with a pro-arms 96rd metal shell, thought this will vary hugely depending on the type of shell used.

This gives me in my six-tube a horizonal range of about 25 metres, with lofted shots reaching out to about 30-35 although at this distance it's a 'shot to nothing' as the shower is very spread.

hope that helps Jester
              Last edited by jester; 29 May, 2011, 16:51.
              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jack Find out more about jack
              Working...
              X