Skirmish Wear - How do you do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skirmish Wear - How do you do it?

Hello, after I was wondering what kind of gear do you wear for a bog standard skirmish. I like to keep it light and simple, I cannot understand the point of running around in a 1 hour game, with 25 magazines, tac lights, helmets, 2 pistols, it confounds me (yes, I know that isn't proper english :p). Not saying it's wrong mind, just that I find it odd. If you run a look like this, would you mind explaining why to me?

Cheers! UP.

Edit: I am not saying this is the wrong way to do it!!! I'm just curious.
    Light and Simple
    60.74%
    Full kit - 3 day pack, Plate carrier, etc.
    12.65%
    Unit Impression
    14.20%
    Other
    12.41%
    Last edited by Utrinque Paratus; 6 January, 2010, 22:10.

Re: Skirmish Wear - How do you do it?

its called authenticity mate.

Comment

Standerd DPM and boots thats it. lots of pockets :D
      Custom M4
      TM 1911

Comment

and not everyone has 1hour games as a bog standard skirmish, at gzw the only break is lunch apart from that your out all day.

Comment

i do a light loadout with a sniper belt and stalker tdu and a heavy loadout with british od camo ,plate carrier and sniper belt

Comment

yup out all day for roughly 6 hours depending on what time u arrive
            "Could have swore I just saw a guy in a ghi.....HIT!"

Comment

Even at GZW, I'll only wear DPMs and a vest with a couple of spare mags (or a bag of BBs if using my shotty as a primary), a couple of power bars and pistol/spare mag
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zulu View Post
                and not everyone has 1hour games as a bog standard skirmish, at gzw the only break is lunch apart from that your out all day.
                I think generally, you have 1 or 2 hour games as a skirmish. I didn't know GZ did that, may have to pop down there sometime.

Comment

Yeah at the site where I play the only break all day is also lunch, other than that it's just 5 minute stops in the field between objectives so if you need anything you need to take it with you! I tend to take enough for an 8 hour game, food, water and ammo wise if at all possible all in my SAAV

Comment

can vary depending on game length, claymore bag with mags and pyro or plate carrier and full mag pouches,.
                    sigpicTeam Fail..SPOOK

Feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=100922

Comment

I trialed my new loadout over christmas leave, a Warrior 901 elite chest rig, OD combat trousers, combat boots, a grey Sweatshirt with a Browny grey tshirt over the top (baseball style), in the morning I wore a baseball cap with sordins but in the afternoon I wore my Protec helmet with sordins and used my short gun, it was too cold for pistols so I didnt have it with me, that to me was a high speed low drag loadout, and by god without the drop leg clattering about it doesnt half make a differance to movement speed.
                      section 24 of the 1968 Act
                      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

heres the loadouts I wore
                        section 24 of the 1968 Act
                        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

i tend to just use an assault vest carrying 3 mags + 1 in the gun which should easily last me a couple games aswell as lending ammo to my mate when required lol also use it to carry a few smokes and quick loader(s) keeps me fairly light and mobile. tried going for full webbing set which i found to much and made it difficult to get about through bushs etc
                          thinks maybe he should go with the heard

Comment

thts why i modded my drop holster and turned it into molle XD and i have a plastic viper coppy helmet , my osprey is filled with light weight roll matt so its still light weight i have a osprey plc vest over my plate carrier with a camelbak onit so im all good for hydrartion and if i get to hot just put my plate carrier in the safe zone as its all marked up with my name so if any one
                            pinches it all i gotta do is look for my name

Comment

what i normally wear to a skirmish. its not light, but its not heavy.

edit: oh and yes, i do wear a spade into skirmish

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Utrinque Paratus Find out more about Utrinque Paratus
                              Working...
                              X