Skirmish Wear - How do you do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Skirmish Wear - How do you do it?

Recently switched from combats to just a long sleeve base layer shirt or two and properly fitting grey hiking trousers. So much cooler and maneuverable, and most importantly comfortable, even compared to combat shirts. Top it off with Mechanix gloves, synthetic baseball cap and a bulle chest rig(with the shoulder strap protecting them vulnerable nips :P ) . Anyone else started doing this?

Comment

This is my current loadout, pretty happy with it and I can't wait to try it out on the 28th
      Attached Files

Comment

Emerson FAST lid w/ MTP/scrim
        MTP UBACS/Trousers
        MTP knee pads
        Oakley gloves
        Guarder C2 Glasses (need a new prescription insert if anyone has spare)
        Lowa Desert Elites
        Osprey MK4 w/ 6 mags & dump pouch.

Gets really sweaty regardless of the weather... nice
        ICS L85A2 - KWA Glock 17 - Bravo 22 Merseyside Regular

Comment

Typical loadout for me would be:
          - AEG (either recoil scar or hk416)
          - ATACS FG cap
          - Shemagh
          - UBACS (green or ATACS)
          - Warrior Ricas compact w/ 5 midcaps, spare ammo, 3 pistol mags, multitool
          - Battle belt w/ dump pouch, pistol (TM Sig226), BFG, GP pouch with emergency wine gums and smokes
          - Crye G3 replicas in ATACS FG or 5.11 Taclites in tundra
          - Lowa Mountain GTX boots
          - Oakley pilot gloves
          - ESS Ice glasses

me1.jpg

Comment

As I don't drive, I sometimes have to cycle to a skirmish. My preferred gear is Australian WW2 Service dress with P37 webbing. 6 Sten mags will fit in a mag pouch, Pipe and tobacco in the other. I then have a P08 large pack which will fit everything I need for the day. Even a Sten will fit inside the pack with the stock removed.
            I also carry an inflatable pillow in the pack for padding to make it more comfortable. At the site, I take my gun out of the pack and inflate the pillow more leaving enough space for spare ammo etc. It will look like I am carrying full gear but in reality my pack is mainly full of air

I tend to have a Brodie helmet strapped to the back of the pack, but even that is just a really good resin replica.

Comment

Crye Pants all the way,

Comment

I go casual as I have to carry all the kit at work and don't fancy doing it at the weekends as well!

5.11 baseball cap
                chest rig
                hoody or jumper in green, brown or black
                Mtp trousers
                cheap jungle boots
                mechanix gloves
                rifle and mags!

Comment

What ever really works for me on the day, though 95% of the time its the same. Spent 10 or so years trying out various combinations and im pretty happy now, may change the plate carrier in the future but thats it.

Multicam Condor baseball cap
                  Wiley X SG-1 Glasses with Heroshark mesh lenses
                  Heroshark custom half face mask
                  Under Armour Coolgear
                  Multicam 5.11 UBACs
                  Multicam 5.11 BDU Trousers
                  Coyote Flyye Marine Plat Carrier - x6 5.56 pouches, x4 9mm, large radio pouch, grenade pouch, admin pouch, general purpose medium pouch, dump pouch
                  Oakley SI gloves with the right hand first two fingers & thumb cut off
                  Black Armour Pro Knee pad - Only ones ive ever used that are actually comfortable and dont fall down
                  5.11 Boots
                  Clone Blackhawk drop leg platform with custom Kydex solid holser
                  Flyye Plate Carrier 1 point sling

Thats for CQB, Woodland the whole lot. Unless its hot then I loose the UBACs, if its bloody hot then I swap to a cheap belt rig. I've bought cheap in the past and it just falls to bits, that lot has lasted me 6 years of pretty heavy use.

Like so -

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Utrinque Paratus Find out more about Utrinque Paratus
                  Working...
                  X