Skirmish Wear - How do you do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Skirmish Wear - How do you do it?

Would just like to say, that GZW doesn't stop for lunch, it is one continuous game all day.

Back onto the gear though.
    My normal loadout consists of:
    DDPM Smock, Dessie trousers (British, or US), Oakley Gloves, Magnum Spider Elites (Tan) or Converse Warrior boots (Tan).
    RAV, with 6 mags, 2 Utility (spare bat, ammo, tools, survival kit, leatherman, blank 9mms for grenade, plunger), double pistol mag, Radio, Grenade, and BHI CQC holster with KSC Sig P226.
    Often carry a 3 day pack, with camelbak, canteen, rations, stove, hexi blocks, and often other bits just to make it heavier.
    I wear a Mich 2000 which is done up with a Petzil Tikka plus, and ESS goggles.
    My rifle, I have is a Diemaco C8 CQB, with RIS, AN/PEQ2, Tijicon ACOG TA01NSN, and Surefire M951.

So, yeah, I wear a lot, but could always add more :D
    This is my DA loadout.
    Bergen for longer ops, which will contain 48 hrs rations, water, spare clothing, roll matt, sleeping bag, bivvi bag, and what not.

Comment

Molle LBV and a dropleg. 3 rifle mags and 2 sidearm mags tops.
      Light and fast

Comment

i go with dpms, assault vest which is mostly a pointman molle one, between 6 and 17 m4 mags depending on if i want to go light or not, 5 side arm mags, sometimes for both side arms if im carrying two, claymore, boonie or helmet and 2 litres of water in a cammel back, poss some food aswell if im feeling peckish
        PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

There are not such long games at UA so I tend to just take what I needs. It's CQB mostly afterall.
          Who Dares Wins.

Comment

depends on my level of "arsed" that day, and what weapon or clothing im wearing

i have different load outs ranging from a simple belt kit, all the way up to big bulky fully loaded plate carriers and PLCE with bergen etc

just really depends where, when, and what im doing
            |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

If I'm playing at the courthouse I just wear combat trousers, a tshirt and a vest or chest rig

If I'm playing woodland then I go a little heavier but mainly in the amount of mags I carry as I use mid or low caps

I also carry multiple weapons in woodland, normally 1 large aeg, 1 smaller aeg or shotgun and a pistol
              I like to have a little extra fire power for those sticky moments and often someone's gun will give up mid game so I have a spare

Comment

Originally posted by G View Post
                Would just like to say, that GZW doesn't stop for lunch, it is one continuous game all day.
                sorry, i meant that people only stop for lunch ussualy. but technically the game doesnt stop, but it does get awful quiet in the field around lunch :p

Comment

I'll rock with pro-boots, DPM trousers and UBACS, with a t-shirt underneath, and a boonie hat.

Rig-wise I have the Warrior RICAS M4 compact which I LOVE - best piece of kit I've bought! (bar the Systema!) . Pouch-wise I carry 5 mid-cap mags, a bag of BBs and speedloader, a side-holster on the RIG for my P99 and a spare mag for it, a Radio and Throat-mic - then spare batteries for the Systema and Radio, and a mini First-aid kit. Oh, and a dump pouch! Althouhgh it looks a lot it really isn't that much

WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

Same here with the level of "arsed" as perfectly put. Most of the time i'll go out very light with eveything I need on a belt rig. CQC, i'll be a vest, with a few extra pouches, but that'll be it.

But I do adapt it for different situations, but otherwise yeah, i'll be pretty light!

Comment

My winter loadout is:

TAD ranger hoodie (OD)
                      Flecktarn trousers
                      Pantac khaki RRV (currently no pouches, use the internal compartment to hold mags)

Light, flexible, effective.
                      "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit."

Comment

My site runs its games all day except for a 1 hour break for lunch, and me being a midcap user, so I tend to wear either Surplus US woodland BDU's (cold weather) or UBACS and s95 trousers (warmer weather), then its OD RPC-7, drop leg with my side arm, leg rig with more mags (tends to total 12-14) and my rifle. Not to OTT is it?

Comment

Try to get the perfect light to field effective set up.

RCP-7 with cargo pack, holding gas, couple of back up mags (one that arew there just incase the ones in my pouches break) water, couple of bags of BB's, lunch. Then the usual mags in the itnernal pouches (its like a weesatch) with a pistol holster to the side, MEU mag pouches on the chest, frag + radio on back. Making me really thin for crawling, but also carrying a lot of kit that means I can stay out through lunch if needs.

Comment

Sunday games at GZ I currently wear:
                            Face/Head:
                            DDPM Boonie/ Black Beanie
                            ESS Goggles.

Top:
                            OD T-shirt
                            DPM Shirt
                            DPM Combat Jacket
                            PLCE 6 pouch Chest Rig

Bottom:
                            DDPM trousers
                            Blackhawk Neoprene Knee pads
                            Boots

Thats me sorted for the day can carry 10 magazines (thats including the one in my gun) so about 700rds, two util pouches for a bottle of water + spare batteries, ammo etc and something to eat if I get hungry, admin pocket means I can carry maps and whatever, so functional relatively light and I think it looks good so good balance for me :-).

Comment

I can vouch that that was a good loadout! I was impressed..

Comment

Hah, cheers mate, I liked yours too... enough to make me want to get marpat, ^_^ shame about that pesky dump pouch eh? :P.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Utrinque Paratus Find out more about Utrinque Paratus
                                Working...
                                X