sniping tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: sniping tactics

I've never used mil dots on my scope. Sadly I have no idea if they could be used at our ranges. But my understanding of it was a lot of maths which seems a little pointless for airsoft. But if you feel you. Want to do it there is no reason you shouldn't.

Matt, that is an interesting article indeed. I'm not entirely sure how much I agree with the effective ranges though. I should really take a tape measure out with me one day and have a play.

Cheers
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Did you guys ever get that sniper vs sniper event off the ground then? If so- how did it go?
      "Being offended provides no objective indication of "right" & "wrong". It's nothing more than a barometer of your own emotional control."- Ricky Gervais

Comment

Originally posted by thetrooper88 View Post
        Did you guys ever get that sniper vs sniper event off the ground then? If so- how did it go?
        The training day things? ...... Nope.
        Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Two questions to the lads in the know:

1. Plenty of tables to be found online with range at velocity vs BB weight but no table to be found of drift of BB weights vs wind speeds. Anyone come across these?

2. What is the name of the lens the septics placed on their M24's (no, not their updated M2000 type) and what is the best airsoft equivalent of it?
          AIRSOFT WEAPONS M4 (recoil)sigpic

Comment

awesome post, I have seen some funny sniping in my airsoft time.

more people should read this.

As a trained person, i think the OP was very clear and concise and offered great advice.

Comment

uotc wanker

joking
              Revision Sawfly Tactical/Safety Glasses £15 Free shipping
              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...-Free-shipping
              Feedback
              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=128914

Comment

Great thread, thank you. As ex military I can add pretty much nothing, you did a sterling job!

Comment

Every sniper iv met plays differently the key is being better .
                  I will wait 20 mins in my ghillie in thick push opposite a hot spot and just keep shooting until they all go or they locate me lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearny View Post
                    Great thread, thank you. As ex military I can add pretty much nothing, you did a sterling job!
                    Cheers chap. I'm glad the thread is still going to be honest.
                    Andy
                    Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Originally posted by aftershock View Post
                      Every sniper iv met plays differently the key is being better .
                      I will wait 20 mins in my ghillie in thick push opposite a hot spot and just keep shooting until they all go or they locate me lol.
                      This sounds just like my late afternoon at this yrs NAE , was under a big bush of rhodo's with my SLR quietly popping delta's off one after another , I genuinely lost count how many I took out , now I'm not claiming to be some god of war the thing that really made me chuckle to my self was there I am laying down in a really good covered position in my bog standard DPM with a 'standard' AEG picking off player after player (even took out a couple of snipers moving back in to the gamezone ) I was sort of half way between there base area and the 'hotzone' so they were all most definitely in play but under the false impression they were safe so on the whole totally un-aware of there surroundings .
                      So By using PROPER sniping technique's as in stay put and stop moving about all over the shop I got lots and lots of kills shocking ! Moral of my little story ? If you want to be a sniper be patient !
                      Think this sums it up
                      From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

• Brilliant video on hiding and evading while playing sniper.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                        Working...
                        X