• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: sniping tactics

ideas for making a cheapo drag bag?

http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co...hopscr257.html

http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co...shopscr74.html

I had one of the canvas bags - these are great. a tad too short to cover the whole of an m14. - I used my one to cover the front of my ghillie to make it more durable.
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Both could work a treat with abit of work to be made into nice drag bags.

I do agree about that TM L96 its tempting enough just to look at holding/firing one would be enough to push you over the edge.

Curtis

Comment

Stock VSR-10 'desert' version.. brand new today!

Twist barrel on the way from HK

Comment

looks really nice matey! :D
          Originally posted by Coz

Comment

I think we have been focusing on sniping in woodland thus far - so I'd like to say a quick word on urban sniping.

I don't know if we have any urban snipers on here but I would imagine it is significantly different to sniping in woodlands.

I haven't done well any urban sniping so it would be cool if we can get some others offering up advice from their experiences.

I would have said that urban sniping is a lot quicker than in woodland - or a hell of a lot slower.

either running about taking targets of opportunity - or laying up in wait for people.

camo would surely be a lot different too.

mac
            Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Urban sniping is very much your CoD affair i can imagine, At GZU there are quite a few cases where you are far away and make for some good sniping opportunities and spots.

cam wise for real cqb areas like gzu isnt really an issue.

Comment

Ive done it a couple of times at Longmoor and at Urban Assault. As the team sniper when we do go to places like this it's alot harder for me to get involved, but saying that sometimes it's better just to break off from the team and go in an over watch position. I have enjoyed sniping at both places, just my little tip tho is, if you do go into over watch position don't forget to keep moving with the team coz you'll look out of another window and find that their not there.

And when shooting from windows, if you have the luxury of lots of windows available to you then don't just shoot from the same window, move after every shot. Another thing that really catches my eye when I'm not sniping is when other people are sniping in urban is, leaning on a window ledge to steady themselves. Don't do it! It leaves you right open when your shooting. Take a step or two back from the window and shoot. Yes it may close your arcs of fire down, but better that then getting shot just as your about to pull the trigger on someone.

Happy Sniping!

Comment

Cam realy isnt an issue in urban sniping, buildings will have natural shadows for you to utalise. Take a few steps back from a window into the shadows and as long as your not wearig more bling than puff didderly youll be a hell of alot harder to spot.

In assault senarios I find moving with your team is the best way to act, you dont leave yourself vanrable and you can put acurate fire on the next building/position that you are going to hit. I have found this aids no end tho this could just be me.

In defensive situations I have found that finding a solid position and holding out as long as you can before moving is definatly the way to go. Quick draw side arm is definatly key incase you need to scrap your way out of a tight spot.

As far as the load out is conserned only take what you need. If you can be quick on your feet it will only aid you if you need to bug out of a window.....god knows i have a few times.

If you got it pyro on a pull ring and fishing wire can be quite handy, set up in the entrance you think that your opponents will be coming in and use it to by yourself some time to get out and into a new position. Other than that I dont realy have anything I can add. Hope its helped tho lads.

Curtis

Comment

This thread needs some breath of life.

Offset mounting for the win, really useful if you cant achieve perfect comfortable eye relief if you dont have a cheek raiser due to mounts etc etc.

Rifle is naked here, will be covered again with wrap.

This is just temporary until i get my Karsten cheek piece from the US of A also ordered some olive krylon for a new fresh lick of paint she desperately needs

Comment

what an odd scope position - never seen that before. Oh well each to their own.

I had a play on sunday - A good days sniping. was hard because the ground was covered in snow so you couldn't see where you were shooting.

I was very supprised at the distances I was getting kills. even at totally stock I was getting kills out to 50m easily.

accuracy is the problem though. the bb's go all over the place.

mac
                      Originally posted by Coz

Comment

What are you using mac bb wise i take it you have a stock vsr 10.

Comment

aye - currently a stock vsr10 - running at no more than 280 I'd say. (keep forgetting to get it chrono'd on a game day)

BB wise I am currently using .25's by madbull. they certainly do the trick.

got one poor sod in the family jewels on sunday from around 40m - he certainly felt it. lol.

Just about to put a 110sp spring into her to up the power slightly - though I think I need a tightbore more than I need the power. but it will be useful for when playing at the rock as engagement distances are much larger.

mac
                          Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Fair play mate i will be keeping my fully stock for a while, got a karsten cheek piece on the way and olive krylon, i will probably stick a barrel in there at some point.

Comment

on a side note has anyone ever used a snow ghillie?

the site I played at on sunday was knee deep in snow and a white ghillie would have come in useful.

I imagine that the torso and legs would have to be well insulated as I was getting cold lying in the snow for a while.

mac
                              Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Snow ghillie you ask!, bask in this guys glory, scroll down for action videos.
                                http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...ue#Post1667431

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                                Working...
                                X