Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sniping tactics

sound.

usually hear people before you see them. more to the point if u get settled down and somebody is nearby usually the birds and bees are going ape.

exit. and relocate.

have an exit planned. because u will get spotted ater 1 shot and if your like my brother and i if somebody gets hit they grab were they were hit indicating the direction of the shot and their if theirs a lonley sniper its an extreemly fast advance on that position.

if u can escape and then circle round and set up an ambush that would be even better.

if not radio in and get your bum chums to sort it out for you..
    Their are no Atheists in Foxholes.

Its not an argument against Atheists

Its an argument against Foxholes.

Comment

a word you youtube vids. - there are some extremely s**** vids up regarding sniper tactics etc.
      but there are a few good ones.
      notably the ww2 german sniper training - which although old and hilarious does have quite a few good points in.
      also the videos by phantomTMA are worth a watch.

atb
      mac
      Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 13 January, 2010, 23:06.
      Originally posted by Coz
      Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

any chance of some ghillie suit pics? or does that class as pics of your gear?

looking at making a dessy ghillie just now.
        Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Macka View Post
          any chance of some ghillie suit pics? or does that class as pics of your gear?

looking at making a dessy ghillie just now.
          heres one of the back of my jacket, it began as a cheap full cover suit, i added 3 colour teased out, 3 ply jute string, its cheap and you get a good coverage with it.

Comment

Speaking of ghillies

Does anyone know shops where you can buy shoe goo, net hammock and a butt load of rolls of preferably green hessian (not sacks cba to cut) i dont want to order online

going to be under taking a new ghillie project using my sniper smock ive had and not used

Comment

Damn missed the edit button

if not does anyone know what system they have over their jacket in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwxn9...eature=related

Comment

you might be able to find shoe goo in a good cobbler. although don't get your hopes up.

you will be very lucky to find strips of hessian anywhere. i don't know of any places which sell strips of it.
                your best bet would be to try a material shop. - i know you can get sheets of it, so i'm afraid you may be in for a cutting session. you could get a material shop to do a fair bit of cutting for you though
                a plant nursery is also a good option.

as for a hammock - i have no idea - again a nursery should have some netting similar if nothing else.

i would also try your local army surplus. if it is a good one it should be able to at least order in the stuff you want.

best of luck
                mac
                Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Thanks mac

what about the l115a3 video im guessing thats a arktis concealment vest

Comment

it looks that way yes.

i have heard tale that the British snipers do use that vest.

you going to buy one of those then mate?
                    Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Yea quite possibly to go over my smock, and then use cable ties to tie down a load of synthetic or hessian

Comment

i'd tie it on with jute string. - cable ties would be a pain in the arse to get off - but if you tie it on you can get it off relatively easily.

my ghillie is all tied together. but it would take me a month to untie it all. lol.
                        Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Yea jute string is a good idea actually

Comment

yeah - what you want is two or three lengths of it - say 18" long - put it through a hole in the hessian and tie it up with a double knot.

sorted.

using a few lengths has the added advantage of adding an extra colour/ texture to your ghillie.
                            Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Yeah, i can see the advantages of that, thanks again mac very helpful

the project will be a quite a long one, going to do it properly as best as i can.

Comment

no probs mate.

yeah - my ghillie took forever. best of luck mate - do post pics.
                                Originally posted by Coz

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                                Working...
                                X