sniping tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sniping tactics

heres a few pics of mine,its a bit different now though,as its been weathered more and modded slightly.

these are all based on a webtex base,with dyed hessian attached
    user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

Very nice mate mind telling us the process with the hessian attachment and the way it looks

Comment

all the hessian sand bags were cut into strips of varying,lengths and widths.
        i then dyed all the hessian using dylan dyes,using different strenghs of each colour and dipping times to make different shades.

the hessian was the sewn on piece by piece,by hand using doubled up thick thread and a very large needle(cant remeber the name they use for it).

i also de stranded some of the hessian and attched that through the holes in the webtex vest,putting3-4 bits through then tying a bundle in the middle of them.
        all the pieces were randomly attached.
        i then placed it over a chair and filled in any parts missing ,when it took shape,as the directions of the hessian changed.

all this took more than 30 hours build time,lots off coffee,music and sore fingers.

then i took a wire brush to it to distress the hessian more and burried it in the garden for a week or two,filling the hole with water before i filled it back in.
        after i took it out i hung it so the mud dryed then hosed it down a few time,each time letting it dry before doing so again,all the time leaving it out hanging to let the weather attack it.

making a ghillie this was was based on all the info i could find on british army snipers ghillie,and from info in a book called SNIPER by Mark Spencer.
        since then ive added and removed parts to suit my playing style.

also my suit is more of a verylight green,light brown,with even alot of un dyed hessian.(its hard to tell this from the pics though)
        unlike alot of bought ghillies which use dark colours.
        as it easier to darken a ghillie with foliage but 10x harder to lighten one,something that more people should know.

Comment

Very nice mate cheers for that.

Comment

if anyone wants a ghillie made like this let me now and i can probably help them out

Comment

another tip is sew short lengths of elastic to your suit in amongst the hessian to allow you to add natural vegetation easily, making it possible for you to blend in when you change enviroments. For example if you are shooting from the cover of ferns a hessian suit can be noticed in amongst it, but if you add some ferns to it it makes it harder to see, if you then move to long yellowing grass you will get noticed if you have darker coloured suit garnish, if you then add some of the grass to your suit, guess what? its simple but very effective, thats why you see inf soldiers with bits of elastic all over their webbing

Comment

yeah you always need attachments for natural foliage.
                i generaly make ghillies for people using a webtex/atkis vest as its light and has all the loops already attached.

you need to use the rule of 40/60 on a ghillie.
                40% hessian,60% folliage

Comment

I think i have my final idea

Webtex/Arktis concealment vest

And then instead of cutting up loads and loads of stuffy messy hessian ill buy sheets of camouflage (dpm or marpat) fabric and then cut it up into a sort of xmas cracker shape and completely cover or near enough the suit

...just watch this
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XC53DIhAt0

but also i will buy buying a webbing yoke and a respirator pouch as an ass pack to store stuff in. so the vest will go nicely over top

Comment

that doesnt look to bad.
                    But it wont weather like a hessian ghilie

Comment

i have webtex vest and wondering do you tie burlap straight on to the loops or attach with fabric glue

Comment

acheekymonkey you dont attach burlap to the vegetation loops

you can attach it several ways

either by buying a net like a net hammock and then cutting around the vest

or by buying jute twine and then feeding that through the small holes and then tieing it with the burlap

Pmac, yea i know, which is a downfall however i feel thats the way i want to go.

Comment

your best method for attaching the hessian is sewing it on, be it by hand or machine.
                          this will give it the best fixing.

Comment

that was a good video purcy.

this is a good watch too - watch it all though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfrQquDIDMQ
                            Originally posted by Coz
                            Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Ahh ive watched parts of this, i never found the full thing

thanks mac bud.

Comment

np - all of the videos from that guy are pretty good.

does anyone on here use a drag bag?
                                Originally posted by Coz
                                Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                                http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                                Working...
                                X