Serious Airsoft Injuries - NSFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Serious Airsoft Injuries - NSFW

Sprained thumb in october diving into cover still hurts from time to time now.

Comment

Got bitten by something at the old Proteus site and my calf swelled to over twice it's normal size.
      Ended up at A+E the next day because it filled up with pus.
      They lanced it and cleaned and dressed it.
      To this day I have no idea what it was that bit me.
      Still avoid long undergrowth if I can help it LOL.

Nige
      The United Kingdom. Its where Great Britain used to be.

Comment

Was flanking a team, wouldve been a good manoeuvre until I got caught in barbed wire (why was it there on an airsoft site? god knows) and my yelp of surprise attracted a fair amount of unwelcome attention, couldn't move to cover as I was stuck so was forced to take hits from what seemed like most of their team. Fairly painful.

Comment

Picked up my first but surely not my last airsoft injury on Sunday at the Mall.

Was the final game of the day, the classic Terminator match. I was hiding in one of the shops when I spotted the Terminator heading my way, I panicked and tried to hide in a pitch black corner, however I failed to see some sort of wooden ramp carelessly stowed in the dark at roughly shin height.

I collided with it which sent me sprawling into the dark corners followed by the sound of metal and springs flying every which way.

I now have a boo boo about 5 cm in diameter on my shin but worse than that my AK is well and truly buggered

There is a little silver lining to my tale of woe, it was my 3rd game in a period of more than 2 months so after getting patched up by the first aider, I got my membership of the site, got my UKARA form stamped and am now on the lookout for a new gun............. maybe a shiny top tech 416?

Comment

Playing at the MadDog christmas charity game, last game of the day, scrapyard with 3/5 'tinselanium' rods scattered about the field, collect them all to win. Right at the start of the game i decide to go for the central objective, ditch the mp5 and just leg it, reaching the tinsel the other team start letting fire, so i decide as it's muddy, i'll do a sweet slide into cover while grabbing the tinsel. Having underestimated quite how fluid the mud was i hit the ground like a sack of bricks straight on my elbow. As i scramble up and leg it back to base it feels like my arm's caught in my chest rig, pain levels steadily rising in my shoulder, ending up half collapsed against the base in agony. One very bumpy ambulance ride, and 5 hours in A&E later my shoulder's been relocated and the morphine has definitely improved my mood...put me out of action for nearly 4 months :/

On the plus side as i'd been the only one to collect an objective before they called ceasefire i'd technically won the game...every cloud...
            don't get mad at people who don't call their hits, if they didn't call it you must have missed...keep shooting...reload if you have to...

Comment

At my local site a guy was running and slipped on a tree root breaking his collar bone, very painfull i assume.

Comment

Running along tripped on tree root and fell on metal gun, bruised three ribs 6 years later still remind me not to fall on gun.

Worst injury I have seen was a friend being shot in the eye as the BB went over his safety glasses while aiming he is fine now but don't believe idiots who believe safety glasses are nanny state as first hand that cost him 3 months off work, helicopter airlift for emergency surgery all after the Ambulance that was called told us it was not serious and to pop him into A&E!!

Curlyboy
                'I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around' Han Solo

Comment

413AE4D9-23CA-4959-9E92-814816B365B3_zpsbwoea7e4.jpg

Long story short; I headbutted an ambulance.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

A Ginger Ferret Find out more about A Ginger Ferret
                  Working...
                  X