Serious Airsoft Injuries - NSFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Serious Airsoft Injuries

Well, after a few outings with the PTW things were going well until one fateful day !

There we were grabbing "the bomb" and storming the baddies hold up. We came round the corner only to be faced with a wall of the business end of several AEG's. So turning quickly on my heels I lost footing and started to go down, not wanting to snap the PTW and have to explain how, I held it up and in a scene not far off of Willem Defo's. Crashing to the gorund which was littered with rocks, onto the ribs...breaking two!
    But at least the PTW got home unscathed !

Comment

Originally posted by Rimms View Post
      Ive face planted the back end of a Thompson, wasn't nice and the fin by the rear sight sliced my face open

Then to top it off jester popped up from a bush and shot me lol
      To be fair, I just thought you'd seen me and dived for cover; in teh heat of battle I forgot you're as clumsy as me :D
      sigpic

Comment

Just remembered one, some guy during the snow day i was marshaling at the top of a ridge and some rental guy had a smoke go of in his pocket burnt through and onto his leg.. had some burns but fair play to the guy said he wanted the game to continue immediatly and soldiered on with part of his trousers missing

Comment

Not quite an airsoft injury, but kind of relevant.

I was setting off some Mk35 Thunderflashes from a remote det and the last one didnt go off. So...switched the remote off and went to disconnect the thunderflash from the receiver, as i went to pull the cables out of the receiver, i accidently nudged the receiver with the toe of my boot and sets the thunderflash off about a metre away.

Ended up in A+E with a nice laceration on my right hand and a permanent ring in my right ear. Went back 3 days later to have another x-ray on my hand. Only to be kept in because of an infection in my hand and rupturing to both eardrums.

Subsequently they kept me in for a 6 days and ended up missing one of the Sennybridge weekenders.

Ive no got a nice scar on my right hand and horrible tinitus in my ears.
          Originally posted by Artekus
          It looks like I'll need to brush up on my fieldcraft/untutored thrashing about in the undergrowth

Comment

Re: Serious Arsoft Injuries

yes that was rough
            Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 10 February, 2010, 09:50.

Comment

I ran and jumped a ditch in a heroic attempt at capturing a compound at ambush Chobham. Sprained my ankle and collapsed in pain with my gun about 5ft ahead of me . I then proceeded to be shot at by 30 people :P

Pain is weakness leaving the body

Comment

Branch to the face, knocked out 2 teeth and forgot where iw as for a while. It was apparently pretty funny when I thought i was in a war zone... I tend to disagree

Comment

I remember 1 guy at Sennybridge last year. A building was empty in the middle of the village (Building 25 i think) and there was a front entrance, and a rear.

Just as i was about to enter the front door, End Ex got called over the radios, and the first aiders came rushing to the building.I Had a look round the corner and a guy had not seen a drop in the terrain, leading up the immediate back corner of the building as he was running to it, landed awkwardly and cracked his head on the corner of the building

The Colour drained out of him and blood rushing down his face. It was the most blood ive ever seen! (After writing this im slowly considering getting a helmet lol)
                  Originally posted by Artekus
                  It looks like I'll need to brush up on my fieldcraft/untutored thrashing about in the undergrowth

Comment

Originally posted by jester View Post
                    To be fair, I just thought you'd seen me and dived for cover; in teh heat of battle I forgot you're as clumsy as me :D
                    Very true. I can now add having a tooth shot out to my list of injuries but this time it wasn't my fault

Comment

• Re: Serious Airsoft Injuries

Originally posted by Rimms View Post
                      Very true. I can now add having a tooth shot out to my list of injuries but this time it wasn't my fault
                      WELL! technically no! But then you never did know when to keep your trap shut LOL; hope it's not too bad buddy, hope to see you soon again dan.

cheers Jester
                      sigpic

Comment

• Re: Serious Arsoft Injuries

Originally posted by StormShockz View Post
                        my mate 2day fell when rushing a house and tripped and gashed his leg really badly, you could see his bone and there was bloody spurting every where! it was nasty and the marshalls poured a bottle of anitceptic into the gash, seriously i wasnt a cut it was a bloody great big gash!

airsoft can be very demanding some times
                        i think i no him was his name wonga on msn??
                        i always speack to him!! small world!!

Comment

the most ive had is my tooth being broken!!! not painfull just a p take!! lol
                          Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 13 February, 2010, 18:41. Reason: swaering

Comment

worst injury i had was i was hiding in a pit full of water, well someone jump into it, on top of me, he wasn't short of a few hamburgers thats for sure. ended up with bruised ribs and a broken tailbone.

Comment

Originally posted by god100 View Post
                              Scarface, was that at AWE Eversley last summer??

If so i remember it.. Some dude with a gbb m4, on green gas, in the heat.... at bout 10 feet if i recall correctly!!!

Rather u than me ;-)
                              Yeh thats the one. My first ever milsim lol

Will be there this Saturday's milsim

Comment

this happened at my local airsoft site, we was all standing in the safe zone after a game and on the other side off the safe zone a guy took his granade out off his vest and it went off in his hand had all burns over both hands and had to go to hosbital

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

A Ginger Ferret Find out more about A Ginger Ferret
                                Working...
                                X