zoxna grenade,, gas, BB, and heavy metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zoxna grenade,, gas, BB, and heavy metal

Zoxna mine, or grenade, what you call it depends on how you use it!

Having seen this beast on sale at an essex based airsoft shop in Essex early last year, I was immediately seized by the urge to own/fondle and also throw one of these items. £80 later it was sitting in my pocket,,, waiting to be tested!

Now the Zox is expensive for an airsoft grenade, and at first I thought that maybe i had bought myself a large black metal lemon. however, when you actually examine it up close you become aware of several things,
    1, the full metal construction means that its very heavy, (be careful throwing it at people)
    2, its extremely well made and very very hard wearing, you can throw it on concrete without fear of damaging it.
    3, its also a fragmentation mine!

The grenade is about the size and shape of a coke can, and comes in either metallic unpainted finish or matt black. its sides are covered in rows of holes which continue all round the sides of the grenade. These holes are BB magazines and each holds about 4 BB, with the grenade holding a total of 260 bb when fully loaded and thanks to their 360degree surround and simultaneous firing these give the grenade a truly excellent frag effect.

on the top of the grenade is the firing mech---a simple plunger that is held in place by the pin, when the pin is pulled the plunger slowly exits the body of the grenade, this continues until it breaks a seal on the gas chamber inside the nade, where upon it fires. this methods good for two reasons--one it allows you to easily see how long you have before a detonation--and two you can (if you have a strong thumb) pull the pin and hold the nade primed to go. this plunger can be set in three different positions giving the grenade three different time delays---11 seonds--3-4 seconds or 0 seconds. while the bottom has the gas port for reloading--this beast takes a lot of gas too!

the grenade can be fired either charged with bb or empty--when empty it makes a very loud bang--easily equivalent to a mk5 thundy, while when empty its a lot quieter.

one extra trick the zox has up its sleeve is its ability to be a frag mine.

the grenade comes equipped with two "nails" that can plug into the BB mags these allow you to stick the grenade to surfaces such as tree trunks or door frames. it can then be set to instant delay on its fuse and then detonated by a wire---either trip or pulled by hand. though be warned thepins very tight and hard to pull on the instant setting.

performance,

having had my zox for some time now i have used it quite a bit. as an outdoors weapon its limited due to my concern i might lose it if thrown in the scrub, but nonetheless its an awesome bunker killer---and i have on at least one occaision wiped out a trench full of defenders with a single hit, the frag effect is truly awesome with it having upto 5 metres range, ((more with good gas )

indoors --its an extremely useful room clearing tool. due to its ability to be fired both loaded and empty--you can throw it into a room prior to assualting, then when the rooms taken you can recover the nade---re-gas and load, then repeat the process over and over.

having had this for more than a year now its been almost perfectly reliable, though it did have a seal go about 5 months ago-this was easily sorted and its a good toady as it was when i bought it!

pros and cons,,

Pros,
    highly effective and very reliable
    amazingly good frag effect
    very versatile
    excellent build quality/durability
    looks the tits
    ultimatley cost effective.

cons,
    high intial cost.
    too heavy to throw over arm or directly at people.
    greedy on gas
    not something you want to throw in undergrowth.

All in all i would rate this grenade as being a very good purchase. its effective, and reliable., its high initial cost is offset by the fact your not likely to break it and you know it will eventually pay for itself.
    8/10

Re: zoxna grenade,, gas, BB, and heavy metal

Hmm. tried that shop mate no record of it being sold any idea where else it may be stocked as i have never heard of the brand. Done a web search and dont come up with much
    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Its made by the same people who were planing making an airsoft mortar, just search Zoxna on google and goto their website you can buy direct from them.
      Just because I don't post often doesn't mean I am not playing Airsoft

Comment

im not sure i can post up the retailers name, but they had them last time i was in their shop--about june july last, they may have gone out of stock since, otherwise as the plage says, you can order direct from the manufacturer.

Comment

is this the same as the pro arms POM version from cobra airsoft global?

Comment

no idea,,

Comment

I found them , they do look abit big to throw i see what you mean. The tornado grenades look a bit better due to only two bb fill up holes and 360 degree spin so does the same as this just less wholes to fill up from and smaller.

Comment

They work on a similar system to the Zoxna but i think the Poms are not Aluminium and they are smaller. $76 for 3 though sounds like good value as you could get 6 of those for the price of 1 Zoxna.
                Feedback link

Comment

well now that IS wobbly
                  Feedback link

Comment

I got one of these some time back; must say I have been very impressed with mine too.

as stated above, very heavy for a "thrown" nade so use mine primarily as a booby trap frag mine; in warmer weather and green gas it's awesome as it has a huge gas resevoir. Only trouble using as a mine is the pin is a stiff pull; currently working on a solution for this; if I get it to work I'll let you know.

my view, glad I got it, but very expensive compared to similar products and I wouldn't get a second. it's a shame they didn't make it Co2 capable
                    sigpic

Comment

i agree jester,, co2--- now that would make it nasty!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by iratecabbie View Post
                        i agree jester,, co2--- now that would make it nasty!!!!!!
                        Yeh I use regulated Co2 in my shower shells, so was VERY tempted to try it; but at £80 I didn't want to risk buggering it up
                        sigpic

Comment

on that note have you seen the new S thunder mines? apparently they run on top gas or co2,,,,,,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by theplage1234 View Post
                            Its made by the same people who were planing making an airsoft mortar, just search Zoxna on google and goto their website you can buy direct from them.
                            A airsoft morter...that sounds good any chance of some more info?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

iratecabbie I am nothing to do with maree davidson,aka ozziearmy-or any of-aliases Find out more about iratecabbie
                            Working...
                            X