Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi Automatic Sniper Rifles?

Hi
    I'm thinking of getting a semi auto sniper rifle so i can run up to 450fps. I doubt there's anything on the market running that power so i know i've got to upgrade etc.
    What are my options as a base weapon that doesn't have auto on the selector.
    Some sites differ with their info about the same type of gun so i'm a bit confused about what weapons fire semi and what fire on full auto.
    There's the PSG1, SL9, SL8 and certain SR25's that fire semi that i know of. Have i missed any?
    Has anyone got one of the above mentioned weapons and could advise me please.
    Thanks in advance
    Pete

Re: Semi Automatic Sniper Rifles?

Just realised i've posted this thread in totally the wrong place
    My bad...
    Can i kind mod please move it too the relevant place.

Comment

you could allways make your own fella.
      you can either drill and tap a screw on the outer of the gearbox so the selector switch cant go into full auto or the same on the receiver to stop the selector going into auto, and i think you can also remove the contact from the selector plate so even if you select auto you cant fire.
      Feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...945#post233945

Comment

I know one of the sites that Pete plays at and they don't allowed modified AEGs (so modded to fire single shot only) to go above 350fps.

They are fine with guns that are manufactured for single shot only above 350fps though.

So I don't think doing a modification is an option.

Comment

The problem you have, which you've pointed out is that the majority of sites will only allow "real world" DMR's to be upgraded to 425 semi. So as you've mentioned the PSG and SR25 but there's also the M14 (converted to M21/M1A single only). Your best off talking to your site owner, see what DMR's he'll allow as he may allow such AEG's as an SR16 that have bipods/scopes etc that are fixed (Bolted) to just semi. I know for example my local site will not allow an M4 with the selector plate mod, it has to be a real world DMR.

Ben
          "As the Great Warrior poet Ice Cube once said, when the day does not require an AK it is good"

Comment

What about the real sword SVD

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys. Deacon is right in what he said,the site won't allow modded semi aeg's over 350fps.

Think about getting an ARES EBR full stock. It has a split gearbox so the spring can be easily changed. That way i can run two springs for lower and higher fps's and do the selector conversion and keep everyone happy.

Comment

What you could look into is a Tanio Koba Twist barrel.

They work at 330(1Joule) Giving incredible range in the right set up... I have one ordered for my M14.

I have gone up to 450 FPS with an AEG, but I much prefer bolties at that sort of range.

Steve
                My Armory:
                ARES M110, ARES SVD-S

Comment

Originally posted by Xiosis View Post
                  What you could look into is a Tanio Koba Twist barrel.

They work at 330(1Joule) Giving incredible range in the right set up... I have one ordered for my M14.

I have gone up to 450 FPS with an AEG, but I much prefer bolties at that sort of range.

Steve
                  The barrel sounds like a good idea. Where are you ordering yours from please? Hope you don't mind me asking.

Comment

How about an SLR?

Single shot selector and a huge mf barrel.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hadn't considered the SLR,but i'll have a closer look now.
                      Cheers

Comment

The Tm g3 sg1 great with upgrades!

Comment

There's also the Asahi WA2000 !! Semi auto, electropneumatic engine less than 1fps fluctuation!! Price €2500!!
                          seriously now the RS SVD is top.

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
                          WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

You could go for the obvious m14, just look on the sales thread and theres always a tm m14 dmr for sale on there.

Comment

The TM M14's rock once upgraded! Could also do the G&P SPR or Ares XM110 for something a little different as I've not seen either of those skirmished as DMR's myself. Must admit I always fancied a G&P SR-25 myself
                              Sarge: We're not retreating! We're advancing toward future victory!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Digi Pete Find out more about Digi Pete
                              Working...
                              X