• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single or full auto?!

How do you all play??

I play single shot!!

seems a lot of peep play full auto!!

I seem to do ok, can adjust shots easily!!

just wiggle my finger a lot to get some shots off!
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Re: Single or full auto?!

I mis-programmed my mosfet last skirmish, so was only doing a burst!

Spent most the day on single in the end, got some really good "sniper style" kills :D

Comment

Yeah, i saw you messing with it.. was wondering what you was doing!

is it easy to do!!

think id prefer 3 shot burst to full auto
      Last edited by ElZer0; 24 March, 2010, 20:50. Reason: spelling
      FOR SALE
      7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
      , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

A lot easier when you got the manual with you, lol :D

Comment

Last skirmish I spent half the day using a GBBR and the other half an AEG.

With the GBBR, I was using single shot and snapping off 3 or 4 rounds. Using the AEG in the afternoon, I found that I tended to leave it on auto, then try to minimise the rounds fired. But, with the AEG, the tendency was still to fire more rounds, partly because I had 90 round mags in the AEG and only 50 round mags in the GBBR, but also as the GBBR wasn't suffering at all from cool-down and I didn't want to start it by switching to auto.
          sigpic

Comment

Semi at all times. Unless the gun realistically fires full. Even with high caps I tend to fire single shot. Possibly a result of being Ex forces and being used to pulling a trigger for every shot, it has stuck with me (SLR). I don't feel comfortable with the finger superglued to the trigger.
            Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Im a mixture really, Ill go for well aimed shots when its called for, but suppressive fire for team movement.
              section 24 of the 1968 Act
              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Prefer single shot but tend to use auto bursts to keep up with the enemy. Find single shot much more realistic and it means you have to work a bit on your kill, not just lace the general area from where your receiving incoming.
                'Somewhere out there is the beast, and he hungry tonight!'

Comment

I use semi pretty much all the time, 1 well placed round is all it needs......not a whole hi-cap mag :D
                  Roses are red,
                  Violets are blue,
                  In soviet russia,
                  Poem reads you!

Comment

I use a combination of the two, semi auto if I have a nice clear shot, sometimes a double tap. Full auto I reserve for covering / supressing fire, I find the intimidation factor of "rattling" bb's off of someones cover a great way of keeping them pinned down.

Comment

been Ex-Forces i was always trained on single shot and ushered away from full auto, however this isnt the forces and my rifle knows nothing but full auto.

Comment

shep and jfox, I know where you're coming from (God, the SLR was a heavy bit*h wasn't it), but as you say shep, this isn't the forces and airsoft guns don't have the accuracy of a semi-decent 5.56, let alone the stopping power and range of the old L1A1. So, in my book, we have to compensate for that sometimes by throwing more rounds down-range.

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen someone and known I could have slotted them with ease, only to have them get the hit because they had a slightly better range on their airsoft gun and they fired as soon as they saw me. The fact I had them in my sights for minutes doesn't count in a skirmish. It's one of the reasons you often see forces/ex-forces guys getting slaughtered the first few times they play.
                        sigpic

Comment

usually i use semi but on the weekend i kept it on full and it was so fun lol
                          however you do get a lot of pleasure from a well placed kill on semi than a full auto burst
                          Originally posted by parky
                          If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

Semi auto... only... ever

theres no need for full auto full stop so why use it?
                            Systema PTW M4A1 - TM M14 - KSC Glock 17 - WE 1911 MEU - TM Hi Capa race gat

Comment

well... semi got the PTW's so i don't really need the full auto, if all goes wrong i have 3 round burst on them both.
                              Check out my Feedback!

TM Desert Eagle Hardkick|Systema PTW TW5 (tackleberry custom)| Systema PTW M4 MAX 2 (Tackleberry custom) | Systema PTW M4 MAX (Tackleberry custom)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ElZer0 I was born, stuff happend Find out more about ElZer0
                              Working...
                              X