Single or full auto?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Single or full auto?!

Oddly I find myself using full auto inside and single outside and in woodland. This is probably because at heart I am a coward and a full auto burst through a doorway normally gets a response. :D

Also two stage triggers like the AUG and my P90 help as you are just a squeeze away from 20+rps

Comment

Originally posted by shep5856 View Post
      been Ex-Forces i was always trained on single shot and ushered away from full auto, however this isnt the forces and my rifle knows nothing but full auto.
      LOL. Great quote!

I use full auto all the time. But i only use 82 round mags. So go figure how i go about trigger squeeze! 2-4 round bursts.

Comment

i've got no problem with people using guns on full auto.. as long as they're keeping bursts to under 20 rounds really.. anything more is excessive

although anytime i see someone using a PTW on full auto i die a little inside..
        Systema PTW M4A1 - TM M14 - KSC Glock 17 - WE 1911 MEU - TM Hi Capa race gat

Comment

[QUOTE=casshern;316408]also, short controlled bursts.

single shot in woodland however often means that other players do not take their hits, especially over long range when your bb has lost some of its power. players tend to notice a single tap on the back less. a burst of 3 or 4 shots lets them know someone has really got them. QUOTE]

I totally agree with this, I used to always use semi on my m16a1 but found the above statement to be true, now I just use full when outdoor in bursts. Plus have you seen the insane ROF some of the guns are shooting at especially with electric auto winding drum mags, forget trying to use semi against those, hell my auto seems like semi compared to them.
          AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

As i mainly play woodland i keep it on auto and just hit them with a burst . Its very satisfying hearing the slight delay between the thuds :P

Pain is weakness leaving the body

Comment

all depends for me on what gun i'm using, if its the g36, only have hi caps for that, and it does seem very satisfying on full auto short bursts, any of my other guns, i use mid caps and its single shot all the way, so no set way, just depends mostly on my mood and gun in my hand.....:D

Comment

heh heh heh, pump action
                trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Yes Sonic, I do know the Fal had Auto. However as Rockin pointed out I served using a
                  L1A1 SLR not a FN Fal, so your point being?

As I say, if I want to fire on full auto, then I buy a Fal, MP5, 249 etc. My SLR is unfortunately the King Arms version. I say unfortunately, but it was a deliberate call on my part. The King Arms, in my opinion, is a better built gun than the ARES/Star version.

However, the caveat is I had to have the fire selector with full auto provided. This does not mean however I have to use it.

I always take more than a couple of guns to a skirmish and based on the game parameters laid out thats the gun I will use. CQb and I use my MP5, Fire suppression, take the 249 etc etc. Thats how I like to play and other prefer it differently.
                  Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                    You do know that you're directing your comment at an ex-squaddie who carried the SLR and not the Fal, don't you?
                    :D:D

never got to use the old SLR myself unfortunately - all those who have sing its praises.
                    I heard stories that the new 7.62 rifle they brought in is sh*t.

as far as airsoft goes - single shot all the way - unless the situation requires a lot of rounds go down range - like when storming a room - sadly most places I play at only let you use semi when inside buildings

Mac
                    Originally posted by Coz
                    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

both semi and full have uses.

when juswt plodding around woodland looking for a fight, i leave it on semi, as if i spot somebody and just let off 1 round its a hell of a lot quieter than full auto! BUT, if i know that the area is infested [with bravos] then i use full auto as its then easier to hit multiple targets are closer ranges (almost spray n pray..but not quite, you can hit 2 people with one carefully aimed burst due the small scatter the bbs make)

Comment

At the mo with my MP5sd i prefure single shot as i can sqeeze the trigger nearly as quick as full auto if needed but as i only have 95 round mids i gotta watch how im shooting.

Same with my tar21 really as ive just bought a load of 30 rounders for the upcoming milsim i gotta watch my shots and make em count

For sale,JG G3 sas solid stock() PM for details

Comment

I normally use three round bursts.

In my opinion 3 BBs is closest to 1 bullet. So 90rd mid caps + 3 round burst is spot on for me.

Comment

Whatever gets the job done. Be it single, a burst or a small stream of plastic to whip people with.

I find full auto fun to use.

And rapidly firing on single shot is bad for you gearbox.
                            "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

full auto, but fire single shot while on full auto if i wanna be stealthy :P
                              then if i get into trouble, can just lay down some heavy fire ;D
                              "Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9

Comment

It's easy to try and be elite but all fire modes have a place.

I use single shot for sniping and taking out targets from a concealed position. Extended fire will give me away.

I tend to burst when snap firing or CQB. It makes sure of the kill without hurting people. I get some spread of fire because it'll be moving target and my RIF will be moving.

I give it some on auto when firing and maneuvering. The idea being the targets don't show themselves until we have position and get definitive kills. Don't have to potter around taking aimed shots in a multi team environment need to get the job done before you get bounced by multiple teams.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ElZer0 I was born, stuff happend Find out more about ElZer0
                                Working...
                                X