Pimped or simple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pimped or simple

Putting a torch and laser on an m4 is fine if it is to be used in cqb. But it looks stupid when you see some poor excuse for a warrior running throug the woods with a 10000 lumen torch, 10 different lasers and more hand grips than hands. It just makes no sense.

Comment

if its an AR...

eotech or aimpoint mounted nice and far forward, proper peq 2/4/15 (must be IR laser/illuminator, not red laser and a tac light), small lowish power tac light (120 lumens and below) for navigation, a sling mounts.. and you're all good to go!
      Systema PTW M4A1 - TM M14 - KSC Glock 17 - WE 1911 MEU - TM Hi Capa race gat

Comment

Originally posted by Kingwell View Post
        if its an AR...

eotech or aimpoint mounted nice and far forward, proper peq 2/4/15 (must be IR laser/illuminator, not red laser and a tac light), small lowish power tac light (120 lumens and below) for navigation, a sling mounts.. and you're all good to go!
        Wheres the cup holder, sat nav/gps, Ipod dock, gun cam, baby's first playcentre??????

Comment

Originally posted by psirus101 View Post
          Wheres the cup holder, sat nav/gps, Ipod dock, gun cam, baby's first playcentre??????
          the cupholder has yet to be machined! im having problems keeping a good seal with bolts to an RIS mount going through the side of it..
          GPS is on my gear at all times!
          iPod dock is made by nights armourment! although i dont like apple much
          guncam (my night vision has video out)
          babys first playcentre... i got nothing

anywho (this rifle setup isnt a joke)

Comment

I quite like that

Comment

hmm suppose i'll vote pimped as none of my rifles are standard, whilst not being completely raped ala the recent magpul fetish/trend

armoury consists of :

custom m4a1 :
              dboys metal receiver, ris, outer barrell, front sight, element g27 pistol grip, jg carry handle+ 417 style stock, g&p carry handle mount, a.c.m aimpoint, kings arms ops suppressor
              g&p + element internals
              blood diamond style paintjob

ca m15a4 rifle: star g27 pistol grip, g&p m203+ heatshield, a.c.m ta31 acog (ris or carry handle mounted depending on mood)

ics l85a2:
              susat, d.i.y rail mod on foregrip + vertical foregrip, barrell mounted torch for cqb
              kjw sig p226r: standard
              Not to worry about breaking the law, as long as you're healthy.- spetsnazdave87

At which point I would mount my ride, which is a donkey called Akbar, and charge off into the enemy, lighting the grenades as I go

Comment

Originally posted by Kingwell View Post
                the cupholder has yet to be machined! im having problems keeping a good seal with bolts to an RIS mount going through the side of it..
                GPS is on my gear at all times!
                iPod dock is made by nights armourment! although i dont like apple much
                guncam (my night vision has video out)
                babys first playcentre... i got nothing

anywho (this rifle setup isnt a joke)
                http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...W/100_3647.jpg
                That rifle set up is pretty much identical to mine. Minus the PEQ, Altho I may get a VFC PEQ-15 at some point.
                Everything you need and nothing you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Evansy View Post
                  That rifle set up is pretty much identical to mine. Minus the PEQ, Altho I may get a VFC PEQ-15 at some point.
                  Everything you need and nothing you don't.
                  yeah i've been concidering getting a VFC PEQ as its shorter than the PEQ2... pain in the arse converting it all to proper IR though..

Comment

Personally I have both the M4 and M14 what could be called 'pimped'; R.I.S., scope, custom pistol grip, custom sights but for the most part try to keep the aesthetic of the gun the same. The 'pimping' is subtle, designed to add to the character of the existing weapon rather than make it into something it's not.

At the end of the day, for me at least, it's a gun/AEG, it's primary aim is to shoot people, not compete with a MacBook.

Comment

no gun that are simple look like they have purpose, as a tool to ruin peoples day

guns with loads of cr*ap on look like all the gear and no idea

edit: at the end of the day, this is airsoft, not real world, they arnt even guns justs toys so i guess..... Have fun with it! if carrying the kitchen sink on your m4 gives you a kick then who am i to criticise, its just a bit of fun

Comment

What about your ability to quickly move and shoot others,

Airsofts also about the gameplay not just staring at people's kit the whole time.

It's also a bit silly to look at other people running around easily when you are hulking a 8kg lump of metal upon metal and struggling to hold it :D
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

this is such a hard poll for me like many have said it all depends on the gun, ak's just dont look right with stuff all over them ( but can be pimped with wood and steel :P )

not all armalites need to be pimped ! m655,m733,ar15 :P but then again m4a1 is crying out for it
                          Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

I started to pimp out my M16 but then decided not to and now every thing is nice and simple.

Comment

Externally it depends. I do pimp, but try to keep it understated and functional.

I did used to go mad on the extra gubbins, and as a result had a heavy cumbersome gun i used half of. In the last 6 months ive sold off a glut of Hurricane Eotechs, Red-dots, PEQ boxes, and the like. Same with tactical gear, i still have a rediculous CIRAS configuration i never use and would ideally sell. Not to mention a full Blackhawk! belt rig that no longer fits me. Utter waste of money.

I now only own 5 guns, and most of them are really simple. EBR just has a selection of two sights (Scope and Red-dot), and a QD silencer. M16/M203 purely has an ELCAN and side sling mount. MP5 has a UMP style stock, rail clamp, and silencer. M4 is largely stock at the moment (though will be Magpul'ed). And my 4.3 has an OD grip set, Guarder metal slide, and OD M3 torch.

That said, theyre all very heavily modded internally. Thats where it counts.
                              AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Externally I keep it realistic as opposed to simple. If it was on the outside in real life I would use it but to stick stuff on because you can is a bit silly imo.

Again, it is like marmite. You either love dong it or you hate the look. Some of the guns I have seen with no more RIS space left look absolutely stupid.
                                Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gundown Find out more about gundown
                                Working...
                                X