Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pimped or simple

Originally posted by jfox61 View Post
    Externally I keep it realistic as opposed to simple. If it was on the outside in real life I would use it but to stick stuff on because you can is a bit silly imo.

Again, it is like marmite. You either love dong it or you hate the look. Some of the guns I have seen with no more RIS space left look absolutely stupid.
    True but if done properly and everything has a purpose it can be to the players advatage.

Comment

Originally posted by glock17 View Post
      True but if done properly and everything has a purpose it can be to the players advatage.
      But what's the purpose?

You see torches and lasers being used outdoors in bright sun light and peqs where the gun is able to take a perfectly good battery in the foregrip or stock.

Yes, I agree, add things when they will help you. But, as said above, don't add things when they are only useful in the real world (unless you're going for a specific loadout). Vert grips help some people get a better shooting stance, so there's a reason for them, but grip-pods on a stubby look f***ing stupid (etc etc etc).

Personally, I'm still tempted to get a T-91, but as there is no front RIS (except for a very small section to allow a bipod to be fitted) I know it could be restrictive in the future.

Having said that, normally all I add is an optic. ACOG on my old M4, Aimpoint on my MP5 and Kobra on my AK. The only thing I've got that's covered in RISy things is my gas M500, which has got a tac light, a red filtered LED torch and a laser all mounted on a RS barrel mount (plus a RS folding stock), but that was built specifically for CQB.

BTW, you have to excuse jfox, he doesn't use anything with RIS accessories because a) they didn't have them when he was in (think Sharpe), b) his memory isn't too good anymore, so he can't remember what all the different toys do if he does fit them, c) he couldn't pick the gun up if there were too many things stuck on it and d) all the spare RIS things he's got are fitted on his tactical zimmer frame:p
      sigpic

Comment

As many have said before me, it really depends on the gun. Some guns are best left either with no accessories, or only the accessories they are issued with.
        An M16A1 is not to be messed around with, but an M4A1 can certainly have accessories bolted on; likewise, an AK-74 shouldn't have any accessories other than a cobra sight or a PSO scope and a grenade launcher (I might allow a suppressor, but that's purely because I've played far too much S.T.A.L.K.E.R.). M14's I firmly believe should be left with only a scope and a bipod.

As for myself, I go for the minimum approach; red dot sight, foregrip (if necessary), and possibly a torch for CQB. I'm not terribly keen on painting guns in camo, as it just upsets the way they're meant to be. Any accessories I try to keep as GI spec as possible, so no Magpul parts, but Aimpoints, ACOGS, and Knight's Armament rail accessories are go.

Comment

it all comes down to the question of "does it have purpose?"

my m4 pictured above somewhere looks like some knob with no idea stuck as many things as possible to it.. but if you break it down..
          Eotech: its an optic.. go figure
          PEQ 2: its a true spec PEQ, with infra red laser, and infra red illuminator (try aiming quickly with night vision on) and the illuminator for where theres not enough light for the NV to function without it. laser also doubles as a target designator for the rest of the squad.
          Tac light: try going down a tight set of stairs with night vision on... it aint easy.

everything on my rifle is justified, and thats the logic i go with.. if you can justify having it on the gun... what else matters?
          Systema PTW M4A1 - TM M14 - KSC Glock 17 - WE 1911 MEU - TM Hi Capa race gat

Comment

Simple on the outside; pimped on the inside
            Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
            Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

Yeah Rockin is right. I was in when guns were guns. And not like now with a tricked out pop gun. He's only having a go coz he wears bungee cord for tie ups as his legs are too fat for twisties.

On topic. Things to have on your gun, Scope+magnifier (if warranted). PEQ if used as a battery box obviously or a real one for CQB, Torch for CQB but why in daytime woodland. Laser for CQB. What else do you need?

Things like cup holder and ipod docking stations etc asre just to show how much moiney you have wasted and serve no real purpose in the field. I am sure i will get a torrent of hyseria now but hey leave me alone. As rockin says I am an old man and will have forgotten I wrote this in an hr.
              Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

to pimp or or not to pimp?well i have seen at least two guys buy a really nice scope or torch by nice i mean expensive only to see it broke the first time they take it out as someone shot the lens out so i buy the gun and thats it no internal or external upgrades its only i bit of fun some people take this hobby far to serious and i have seen i guy running around a corner slip and break his gun in half the body cost more than my ca m15
                Its better to burn out than to fade away

Comment

you have to remember that airsoft is a much a fashion statement as it is about being about shooting people
                  |JG G36K|G&P Magpul M4 Sentry|Kalash AKS-74M|Warrior L96|TM MK .23 SOCOM|TM Samurai Edge Jill Valentine Edition|CYMA Glock 18C|

Comment

Is it? Then I am a tramp. I buy stuff that is practical and works. Not everyone seems to have the need to pimp themsleves and their guns up. In fact i would go as much to say that those guys are actually the minority.
                    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

To be honest jfox, i agree with you. I spent literally thousands on accessories and tactical gear that in the end was way more than was called for. Im not stripping it back to sensible amounts, and saving the money for more tattoos and for when the ICS MGL eventually arrives.

Sure my guns are expensive, and internally pimped to buggery; but theyre not covered in shiney bits. I just dont see the point anymore.

Fair play to those that do, and ill admit some of them look absolutely amazing. But when i had mine in a similar state i found it impractical.
                      AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

I quite like my stuff to look like a battle rifle, which generally means it'll be bare minimum.

I kind of find it hard to justify the expense of many optical sights, especially as I spend a lot of time looking round them...

Comment

Shiny!

Comment

My eyes! My beautiful, useless eyes! - That was unbelievably shiny, in fact we could use the reflection on solar panels, then finally they can pay back the vast amount of money they're worth.

I'm presuming its yours? - Good job on it! :D - You could blind someone at any skirmish, they don't know what hit 'em!

Comment

Pimped and practical is the way to go. If you need a torch put a torch on. If you want a laser then use one. Its all down to enviroment. Daytime in woodland a clean gun is better.
                              "Obedience breeds discipline, discipline breeds unity, unity breeds power, power is life"
                              Welcome to Umbrella

Comment

well ive put pimped, though I think mine is pretty simple...

red dot,
                                torch
                                vertical Foregrip
                                bigger forgrip with rails

M4 magwell and mags...

thats about all i need to do to it... maybe get a different scope...
                                FOR SALE
                                7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                                , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gundown Find out more about gundown
                                Working...
                                X