Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The zeroin writers thread - NSFW.

Default Re: The zeroin writers thread - NSFW.

why do I see Anthony Hopkins?

If you're referring to me, not entirely sure know. Copied from a book called 'The World's Most Infamous Murders'

Hey! I write a lot of fiction, although i think its unlikely that you would enjoy it due to its rather perculier nature i write mostly conceptual fiction, which reads kind of like a very long poem (i write poems also ). However, if you would like to read some of my stuff i would happilyy email it you

Also, i would be really really interested in reading some of you stuff, my email is

willfoxy@hotmail.co.uk

i would warn you though, i am very critical of work, but i do always do my best to give a good critique thanks :D

If the roadkill’s family or friends show up to ID him before the morgue get around to fingerprinting him sometime next week, give me a call.’ just a question dave you say IF i didn't understand why because why would the family or friends turning up change the fact that the cop had to fingerprint the dead guy or were you refering to the friends/family just caused confusion because you said friends and family plural and that could be male and female and the HIM could refer to the friends or family just it's in the wrong grammatical term

Quote Originally Posted by -=256=-Swerve View Post
    You've seen the photos, he's a little stem of grass whistling in the wind, couldn't threaten the skin off a rice pudding.
    Kid has issues

love it but something is driving me mad. WHAT DOES 'NSFW' MEEEEAN?
    Foxtrot Oscar

Not safe for work

Quote Originally Posted by baffled.orange View Post
    If the roadkill’s family or friends show up to ID him before the morgue get around to fingerprinting him sometime next week, give me a call.’ just a question dave you say IF i didn't understand why because why would the family or friends turning up change the fact that the cop had to fingerprint the dead guy or were you refering to the friends/family just caused confusion because you said friends and family plural and that could be male and female and the HIM could refer to the friends or family just it's in the wrong grammatical term

Slight necroquote, but I dont quite understand what you mean?

I meant that they've got a backlog in the mortuary, so unless the family came to ID him they wouldnt know who the dead guy was for a few days.

fingerprinting takes a while, so if the family turned up and identified him earlier, our protagonist could get his job done faster. they would still need to fingerprint him officially, but it would speed things up a little.

Yup, thanks for decoding what I meant there!

@ Savaged Wolf, i really enjoyed reading that, it was really good, i agree with the use of Zack etc... but, it created lots of great images and i would love to read anymore of it you have?
    Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
    Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
    Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
    Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

excuse me you liked it? why thanks for that i got lots more its a whole book hehe

thanks for that mate i got more of it and loads of fight scenes haha its a 5 book series!

this is a work in progres sorry about the spelling in advance this has taken me the best part of about 4 years on and off !! lol

I unfortunately have two jobs one as a factory worker and the other as a sniper in the British army. One day I was working in the metal factory and my boss shouted down from his office “Tony Green you have a phone call. So I go into his office and it is General Smith saying he has a mission for me and I am to get to the base ASAP. So I replied “could you please send some MP s to come and pick me up with my weapons?”. General Smith replied, “sure what ones do you want them to bring?”. I then replied “my AW 50F the M4 A1 carbine and my 1911 pistol“. “sure they will also have with them your objective folder ” he replied to witch I said “ok see you then “ then we both put down the receiver 15 mins gave me time to clock out early from work . I was waiting in the entrance to the work building when I heard the sound of tires screeching on tarmac. I knew it was the MP s luckily I was already in my DPMs with my holdall at my feet the two sergeants jumped out of the military land rover to collect me as they got within about a meter from me the stopped and saluted me I secretly liked them doing that to me seeing as though I am a colonel in the army they put their arms down and said to me “your ride is here sir”. as I jumped in the back of the landy there were 3 cases to meet me with a folder on top I took the folder off and opened all three cases, in them was my aw50f that fired the 50 cal sniper round in the second case was my custom M4 A1 carbine that was fully custom it has an M203 45mm grenade launcher , A tactical light that has 7 LED bulbs and it was super bright ideal if I was assaulting a building as it could cut through the smoke and it also capable of blinding people that made it easier to handcuff them , An ACOg 4X magnification sight that was very nice to use especially in CQB situations, A magazine clamp that was very ideal as it allowed quick reloads a collapsible stock and finaly a silencer that was attached to the barrel that allowed quite assaults on buildings and compounds. I then picked up the final case it had my 1911 pistol it had an under slung torch and it was also silenced it held 16 rounds in its magazine.

I then picked up the folder it had a picture of a Columbian and his vital stats his name was Alberto Hernandez he is ex army he is 5’ 7” aged 40 and about 130 lbs with dark black hair. He has a record that started when he was 16 when he was caught and charged with burglary and he has now gone up to drug making and selling .He also imports and exports drugs all around the world we have a contact in his corporation and the contact has send us a report on his drug activities and it has been reported he has a 11 billion dollar trade. He has a wife and 3 children aged 3, 4 and 5 and the wife is 35 years old. Annoyingly he has an army that the Columbian army have been trying to stop him for the past 5 years so the British government have asked if they can help the Columbian government have said yes to our offer so in the past 3 weeks we have dispatched 3 of the SAS squadrons. I have been told I am to go and work along side them as they have lost a couple of snipers from there regiment because unknown up till last week he has trained his own sniper team and they have killed over 30 of our soldiers in the past 3 weeks so they have called me in kill Alberto and hopefully to put an end to this conflict. I then put the folder down and tapped one of the MP s shoulder and asked him “how far we have till we get to base” he replied “about another 2 hours” so I said to him “I am going to put my head down for a bit can you wake me when we are 15 mins away please?” “Sure” he replied. So I did whilst hugging my M4 just in case we are attacked.

thats just the first 2 paragraphs i have others but these two just give you a sence in to what the story is about .

any feed back is apreciated many thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by shooter1990 View Post
    this is a work in progres sorry about the spelling in advance this has taken me the best part of about 4 years on and off !! lol

I unfortunately have two jobs one as a factory worker and the other as a sniper in the British army. One day I was working in the metal factory and my boss shouted down from his office “Tony Green you have a phone call. So I go into his office and it is General Smith saying he has a mission for me and I am to get to the base ASAP. So I replied “could you please send some MP s to come and pick me up with my weapons?”. General Smith replied, “sure what ones do you want them to bring?”. I then replied “my AW 50F the M4 A1 carbine and my 1911 pistol“. “sure they will also have with them your objective folder ” he replied to witch I said “ok see you then “ then we both put down the receiver 15 mins gave me time to clock out early from work . I was waiting in the entrance to the work building when I heard the sound of tires screeching on tarmac. I knew it was the MP s luckily I was already in my DPMs with my holdall at my feet the two sergeants jumped out of the military land rover to collect me as they got within about a meter from me the stopped and saluted me I secretly liked them doing that to me seeing as though I am a colonel in the army they put their arms down and said to me “your ride is here sir”. as I jumped in the back of the landy there were 3 cases to meet me with a folder on top I took the folder off and opened all three cases, in them was my aw50f that fired the 50 cal sniper round in the second case was my custom M4 A1 carbine that was fully custom it has an M203 45mm grenade launcher , A tactical light that has 7 LED bulbs and it was super bright ideal if I was assaulting a building as it could cut through the smoke and it also capable of blinding people that made it easier to handcuff them , An ACOg 4X magnification sight that was very nice to use especially in CQB situations, A magazine clamp that was very ideal as it allowed quick reloads a collapsible stock and finaly a silencer that was attached to the barrel that allowed quite assaults on buildings and compounds. I then picked up the final case it had my 1911 pistol it had an under slung torch and it was also silenced it held 16 rounds in its magazine.

I then picked up the folder it had a picture of a Columbian and his vital stats his name was Alberto Hernandez he is ex army he is 5’ 7” aged 40 and about 130 lbs with dark black hair. He has a record that started when he was 16 when he was caught and charged with burglary and he has now gone up to drug making and selling .He also imports and exports drugs all around the world we have a contact in his corporation and the contact has send us a report on his drug activities and it has been reported he has a 11 billion dollar trade. He has a wife and 3 children aged 3, 4 and 5 and the wife is 35 years old. Annoyingly he has an army that the Columbian army have been trying to stop him for the past 5 years so the British government have asked if they can help the Columbian government have said yes to our offer so in the past 3 weeks we have dispatched 3 of the SAS squadrons. I have been told I am to go and work along side them as they have lost a couple of snipers from there regiment because unknown up till last week he has trained his own sniper team and they have killed over 30 of our soldiers in the past 3 weeks so they have called me in kill Alberto and hopefully to put an end to this conflict. I then put the folder down and tapped one of the MP s shoulder and asked him “how far we have till we get to base” he replied “about another 2 hours” so I said to him “I am going to put my head down for a bit can you wake me when we are 15 mins away please?” “Sure” he replied. So I did whilst hugging my M4 just in case we are attacked.

thats just the first 2 paragraphs i have others but these two just give you a sence in to what the story is about .

any feed back is apreciated many thanks guys
    This may come across as rude but is this bait? I don't know if I'm being trolled...

This may be the worst story I've ever read. 4 years? I'm sorry but writing certainly isn't your strong point. It just doesn't make any sense at all...
    Get it right roon ye!

Well here I go:

The protagonist seems very soft "hugging his m4"

Detailing the guns that much is uneeded remember if the reader doesn't understand it may turn them off.

It'd very ... All over the place at the moment .
    He is at work
    He has to go in
    He requests something
    They cone with his kit
    He hugs his m4.
    Needs to portray your protagonist properly
    Sorry but that's my feedback

yea thanks for the input but na this is not bait

well , i dont mean to be harsh just saying how i feel about it , dont be put off, my book has had TONS of criticism but i kept with it

na mate i did not mean you it was more towards barlow as the only reson i put it here was so i could get advice on how i could improve and yes i know its not my strong point but i did it to pass time

well if you want send it over to me and ill have a proper read over it , read mine at the top of the tthread and comment please

hmmm.

trying to put it all down on paper, or word is very hard.

too many ideas, getting no where.

fuuuu.

proof reading sucks as well, so time comsuming.

1911's hold 7 rounds ....
    and it just didn't seem to make sense , why would a major work in a "metal factory" and have two jobs ? . Weapon discription goes into too much detail , the numbers seem a bit off 30 soldiers in three weeks , didn't realise our military was that bad ? Also I'm pretty sure the SAS have their own snipers.

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

any one done a chapter by chapter breakdown before... i'm not sure how much information to give.

the brief is below,

a 1,000 word summary
    chapter-by-chapter breakdown of the entire novel (no more than 6 pages) and
    the first 3 chapters (10,000 words minimum).

When accepted the final word count for novel manuscripts is in the region of 100,000 words.

Writers whose work we consider fit for publication will be contacted within 4 months of a submission window closing. Rejected submissions will not receive a response.

Any submissions which do not adhere to the submissions guidelines will be rejected.

help if you can!

Might as well chip in. :D

Here's a short bit of Firefly fiction done whilst tired and bored after work last night.

The gun was in his hand before he had even turned around, and yet it seamed it would make no difference.

He counted at least fifteen men pointing guns at him and his, and those were just the ones he could see.

Judging by the closest few, they were mercs - and not particularly good ones, or else they wouldn't be here, protecting the man they were.

Entirely oblivious to this fact, and supremely confident that the odds were stacked in his favour, the man who held command here was giving him a lopsided, idiot grin. A grin full of teeth that looked in certain need of a good dentist.

A well worn brown jacket, pinstriped beneath the accumulated dirt of years, hung ill-fitting from his shoulders. Mismatched ovals of unrecognisable material had been stitched onto the elbows, as if its owner thought it gave him an air of sophistication.

Even if it had, any sophistication afforded by such very fine modifications were immediately overwhelmed by the fingerless woollen gloves, gaudily patterned neck tie and pathetically tattered bowler hat.

"Malcolm Reynolds, I was wondering when your sorry arse would drag it's way through my neck of the woods." The man said, talking through that idiot grin.

"Badger, you know well enough the situation we're in." Mal replied, his face as serious as the pistol held comfortably in his hand.

"Now that I do. I know that very well indeed. Seems I had myself some Alliance feds come my way, setting my neatly set affairs all askew. Took down my office on Persephone, killed my boys and left me with a smoking hole as a reminder not to deal with the likes of you no more." Badger replied, his eyes narrowing in a way Mal did not like one bit. All the while that mighty fine smile remained on the swindlers face.

"Well now, seems to me that an upstanding gentleman such as yourself need not be to fretting about a few Alliance leathernecks. Besides, as I see it if they wanted you dead then we wouldn't be having this conversation." Mal replied, before furrowing his brow in confusion. "Sayin' so, how exactly did they miss that pretty little head of yours?"

"Now then, there's a story for another time!" Badger said with a laugh, turning to his closest lackeys in turn to ensure they were laughing with him. Most needed some encouragement to take the hint.

Mal waited patiently for the laughter to abate, raising his eyebrows expectantly at Badger, knowing the other man would spill the tale soon enough - he always liked to hear himself speak.

"Suffice to say, I wasn't there. I always keep an ear to the ground for all things Malcolm Reynolds. Pays to know what trouble you might bring my way. Gau si tends to follow you around wherever you go." Badger said, a look of smug satisfaction on his face.

"And how exactly did you manage to find me?" Mal asked innocently, glancing sideways at Jayne Cobb, the big man looking back at him with a half formed smirk on his face. Even Jayne knew Badger well enough to know what was coming.

"I... I followed you." Badger said, not really sure why the question had been asked. It wasn't until Jayne began to snigger before the penny dropped.
    Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Apologies for the necropost but this thread came up in a search I entered.

Has everyone's writing just died a death?

Quote Originally Posted by Scotsmark View Post
    Apologies for the necropost but this thread came up in a search I entered.

Has everyone's writing just died a death?
    Talking of which, have you released your book yet?
    Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12