• Show
Clear All

Re: israeli special forces

Originally posted by The-Dude View Post
    Where?
    dude look at the date of the post

Comment

I deserve a good old kicking. I have shamed myself and my oven mit girlfriend.
      Originally posted by JayB591
      The 99%ers 'what am bestust gun for me on budgit of tennar'
      Originally posted by Phatvortex
      You've never searched for bacon? Then you are not a true man.

Comment

pahaha there are shops around from isreal that import though im sure of it

Comment

Seeing as theer is a thread about IDF kit, looking for some info. I have just brought an IDF assault vest and just wondering what kit the Israeli's would carry in it appart from the obvious mag pouches and water bottle pouches there are some real peculiar ones that look as if they accomodate something specific. Any ideas folks.

BP65

Comment

me two i have the asault vest and has some strange pockets on it
            i carry 4 m203 shells
            mags
            knife
            and in the upper ones
            camcream
            the back i use the radio bag velcroed on to it for extra ammo and gas
            http://evillkilt.wordpress.com/

Comment

I own the Assault vest as stated above, mine has enough pouch space for about 12 M4 mags, 2 pea grenades/BFG, flip out map cover on mag pouch, knife sheath, two util pouches, pistol mag pouches, small util pouch.... and thats the front... I think :S

The back has a large gasmask/radio/large pack at the top, two mid size pouches midway and a large rope pouch I'm currently using for a water bladder holder as the one I was sent was too big for the 1ltr internal holder.

Yeah, its quite heavy during game days xD

Steve
              My Armory:
              ARES M110, ARES SVD-S

Comment

Hi

My friend from israel served with the IDF for 2 years and does is one month a year for relief and training. If you are going for one of the older armalites and you want it to look like an israeli one you would have to saw of about 6 inches of the barrel as this is what the IDF done before they had the M4. Reason being was for effectiveness in a closed area ie streets and buses ect. For land special forces they have being using what is called a mitznefet, it looks kinda like a bag on their head and has reversable camo on it for desert or green areas that is worn over the helmet. the purpose of this is to fool the eye as it breaks down the sihlloette and the general human shape. The IDF don't generally use Camo BDU's except for the special forces and this is US woodland, other than that they generally wipe mud on their uniform from the area they are operational in and this works better than most camo BDU's.. They usually wear olive drab (old american type gear) with the IDF in Hebrew above the top left pocket on their shirts and also have cold weather gear in the form of fleeces that are reversable (green and black with brigade badge on the top left hand side). for face cam they usually use patterns similar to the USMC. pistols they use would be the jerricho baby eagle and glock 17 or beretta m9 series.. as has been stated above, they are trained in enemy weapons also for example, rpg 7, cz 75, ak series, and anything else russian. the galil or tavor are widely used by spec op as the galil is a fav of the Golani brigade. tavor is still only being used mostly by spec ops as its still a new weapon...
                Hope this helps
                ANYONE NEED A MEDIC:D

Comment

No one's mentioned the Ruger 10/22 yet.

Most of those Uzi images are a Mini Uzi as well.
                  The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by the glow stick View Post
                    Ok here is the Israeli naval Commando Unit, Shayetet 13, duing there 20 month training programme:

hope these help
                    straight out of combat and survival! need to dig that out! got a full collection of those mags at my grandparents someware!
                    Their are no Atheists in Foxholes.

Its not an argument against Atheists

Its an argument against Foxholes.

Comment

As much as I hate the IDF, those Shayetet 13 are pretty cool

Comment

Where is a good place to buy an IDF style helmet?

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

There is a few on ebay for £120. Even keep your eyes open for a irish defence forces helmet as these are the same...

Comment

After years of searching have managed to find an early Israeli Orlite M76(with WW2 type web chinstrap) so have my spare Irish M76 available for sale if anyone is interested.

Comment

Just as a reply to what loadouts to use. The helmet most used is either a rabintex or orlite helmet. If you cant get one of these then you can use a british paratrooper helmet or even a french helmet with OD or Israeli helmet camo cover, as these are similarly shaped to the Israeli issue. As for uniform, Olive drab with a tan belt and dark brown boots. The SA assault vests in OD are ok to use but use a dolphin assault vest or ephod as this is the general vests that are used... If you are going for spec ops then US woodland with a miznefet (looks like a bag on the helmet). Tavor tar 21 or even a GALIL (which can be pricey). The Galil is based on the AK47 with only cosmetic improvements which if you are a dab hand then you can do quite easily yourself. As said above Zahal do sell these and its all authentic gear, but there is some shops in the UK that sell Ephods (I think that zero one do sell ephods). Hope this helps...

- - - Updated - - -

I have just realised that i commented already above LOL DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.. It must be true, us irish must have a thick trait in us LOL... I should really check before posting LOL...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sniper34d Find out more about sniper34d
                                Working...
                                X