This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sniper Upgrades (based on a VSR) and Further Guide

Isit only my VSR then that doesn't have a hop bucking/nub. Or is guard-sniper87 mistaken.

Comment

You're mistaken mate, they don't have nubs
      Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

Glad of that i was kind of worrying then.

Comment

And if anyone's interested, and whilst on the subject of buckings, check ASR for Noobie's 'Tru-Fit' Bucking - some very promising results...

I have the M-Trig and it's lovely, fancy getting a TDC adjuster as well in the near future

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
          Glad of that i was kind of worrying then.
          Haha yeah, the arm that does supply pressure on the bucking has a little nub on it already. TM's have a two pronged one, which is generally considered to be inferior to the JG nub which is flat and gives more even pressure. Some people put a little piece of biro inside the two prongs, in order to get more even and more pressure in general - especially for heavy bb's

Noobie's 'Top Dead Center Adjuster' and 'Tru Fit' bucking solve both these issues and give a better seal, it does look like a really good solution actually =]

Comment

KA Red Hard Air Seal Bucking in my opinion are the best buckings (for over 450fps rifles) available in mass production.

Taylor is definitely giving good advice on checking out Noobie's bucking, anything by him is pretty much gold. ASR home grown is pretty much THE best stuff you can get for VSR's. Some of the rifles coming out of those forums are doing unnatural things considering the FPS they're running on...
            Trader Feedback:
            New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
            Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

Is there a bucking i can comfortably use with 350 and 500 fps. As i'm getting a KJW m700 and it takes VSR hop rubbers. Yet my local is 350 limit however i want to use it at the weekender too. Which has a 500 fps limit. I usually go for laylax nineball, but at 450+ it's asking for trouble

Comment

hunter the nineball will be perfect fot both FPS levels mate

aribos's g-spec started out at the normal 290 and after upgrading the hop rubber it hit 300 then the springs and barrel etc he nearer the 480 mark and the hop rubber is still consistant . just dont forget to do the PTFE of the rubber end rings ( compression rings ) ..

but id try a tm one also they might be good at 340 - 450 .

Comment

Ah right cool. I've always heared that the nineball loses form after 450 fps. But for the price i could always give it a try. Yeah i'll be doing the ptfe mod. Along with a G&G striker spring, ka striker plates and an edgi 6.01 barrel. I'll also be making barrel spacers for it as it wobbles alot stock

Comment

yeah , the inner diameter for them mate is taperd , plus have to compensat for the bolt housing in the middle of the outer barrel

and hope the hop lasts then , as they have the adjustable bolt

Comment

Yeah will be abit of a pain. The edgi barrel does have a thicker outer diameter to try and reduce the wobble. So i'll see how bad it is with a new barrel in there. I have two bolts for it, so i'll have one set at 350 and the other at 500. I'm hoping to do all the work myself, as it's kind of similar to a vsr takedown

Comment

it is , but you have to go carefull when you re-fit the barrel and hop unit not to knock it , as the slightest jolt will dislodge the set up

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
                          Is there a bucking i can comfortably use with 350 and 500 fps. As i'm getting a KJW m700 and it takes VSR hop rubbers. Yet my local is 350 limit however i want to use it at the weekender too. Which has a 500 fps limit. I usually go for laylax nineball, but at 450+ it's asking for trouble
                          Hunter, I don't think the question is really about the bucking 'deforming' or breaking at different power levels. I agree that buckings designed for lower fps setups do deform or degrade if they are used on higher fps set ups, but that's not really the issue. A lower fps bucking, such as a Firefly soft type or nineball bucking just won't WORK as effectively and give good results at high fps. That's why Firefly have hard and soft types, soft for lower fps and hard for higher. Harder buckings just work better at higher fps.

So I wouldn't be worried about the Nineball breaking at 500fps, I just don't think it will be very effective or useful...

I would have two and swap them around to be honest

Comment

I would do that. But it's alot of potch to do XD, i may aswell just get a nineball as my site is 350 limit. And perhaps push the fps up as much as i think the nineball can handle while still giving me decent hop at the weekender. It'll have a 6.01 barrel so even if it was only 400 fps, the range and accuracy should still be good.

Comment

Buy a DSR. But then again they will be common as muck at DV soon
                              Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Originally posted by jfox61 View Post
                                Buy a DSR. But then again they will be common as muck at DV soon
                                Look great, but their performance is so shoddy ;(

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mj23lj Find out more about mj23lj
                                Working...
                                X