Installing the SA80 sling.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing the SA80 sling.

Quick guide demonstrating the correct way to install the L85 sling.

This is widely regarded as one of the best sling systems around, but can be complicated at first to install....

Have a read if you're confused when it comes to L85 slings...:

Step one:

Take the gun, and place it with the sling loops facing upwards.

Step two:

The sling is in two parts. Male and Female. Take the length with the female clip.

And install on the front sling loop like this:

Step Three:

Take the other length of sling, the male end, and thread the first piece through the male end:

Now clip the parts together, and the front should now look like this:

Step four:

take the end of the female strap, and loop it through the rear sling loop:

Last step:

take the same end, and feed it through the buckle on the end of the male sling. You should now have a one piece sling.

You can use the two ends to tighten, and loosen the sling as you carry the gun.

The clip at the front is to release the gun when you need to take aim.

Re: Installing the SA80 sling.

And you'll know when you've done it wrong when £300+ worth of AEG crashes to the floor when you unclip it! Until you get confident, test unclipping the sling with the rifle already on the ground.

Comment

+1 :D

Step three is cruical, otherwise as Pantopes said... it's going down.

Comment

Another thing to add from what i was taught is the bit of sling that comes out by the butt, the long loose bit, tie a small knot into it, prevents it slipping out from the loops

Comment

Thanks guys you have saved me a silly post

Comment

Could someone PLEASE help with step three. No offence, but I'm finding the picture hard to follow.

Comment

There are so many ways you could describe how to do this bit. I'll try this one:

• Lay the sling with the female clip on the ground with the 'blank' end of the sling facing right and the small plastic (or metal) loop pointing upwards.

• Feed the sling from left to right through the rifle's sling loop.

• Then, take the blank end and feed it (right to left this time) back through the sling loop.

• Tighten up the slack (pull from the right) and the female clip should 'pull over' so that it's now facing right...

It's not as 'loose' as the pic above - that's just for illustration.

Comment

Cheers Pan, got it now! I think I'm having trouble as the real one is different to the webtex. How does the last step go now?

Comment

What are the lengths of each sling the male one seems way to short

Comment

learnt this at the army cadets and ony my aeg did it right first time

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bravotwozero Eyes on. Find out more about bravotwozero
                    Working...
                    X