X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: lets talk germans, of the WW2 variety

Originally posted by Angel View Post
    Looking classy.

I hope Jonah gets his pictures from Arnham up soon.
    Same, I'm really looking forward to seeing some more action shots from the weekend :D

Comment

When he does put them up, where will they be posted? Gunman?

Comment

is it wrong to watch ww2 movies and want the germans to win just cuz they look so awesome?

i do the same in star wars too.
        K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

german gloves.

go....
          K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

Blue/grey wool ones or FJ leather gauntlets.

With my NCO and officer stuff I tend to wear short wristed black leather gloves (as seen in my panzer pics).

Comment

i'm in the middle of getting an SS load out for the weekender but does anyone think i shouldn't use it. personally i have no problem with it i just want other peoples opinions.
              I don't care if you've lost half your men loose the other half.

Comment

Some great loadouts here.

RE Arnhem pics, I did a review in Airsoft Action about a month ago or so, there were four pages of pics in that.

Peadot caps didnt exist, if you dont mind and its 'just for airsoft' thats cool but in reality dot44 was only ever issued as a jacket and torusers set between March and October 44. It was withdrawn in Novembers as uneconomical and impossible to sustain stocks in the field. You're really much better off with a plain grey m43.

One thing most folks go overboard on is camo. It wasnt that common, even in the SS, especially not in the Heer and it usually didnt match.

The German OKW didn't categorise the different types like we do, it was just 'smock, camouflage'. quite often they would be issued out to assault and recce units and then recalled back in again. If they were using 'planetree' (note the didnt call it that) for a while and then had a new issue of oakleaf come in you'd get issued replacement parts in oakleaf. In fact some original smocks even have pockets and sleeves in utterly different patterns. But airsofters (and some re-enactors) have a very modern mind set where everything has to match. It seldom did in the 40s.

Pea dot helmet covers and M43 caps and jumpsmocks and parkas are all made by disreputable manufacturers to cash in on this modern desire for everything to co-ordinate.

Gloves as said were on the whole grey wool. Like the socks these have white rings around the 'cuff' the rings denote the size.

Portraying Waffen SS? Go for it. No one would think twice about the ethics of playing the Red Arrmy and they were not exactly known for their 'restraint', just don't go goosestepping around the site. For what it's worth if you do late war SS you should have less swastikas and runes visible than comparable axis units.

The dot 44 uniform was supposed to be only worn with national sleeve eagle and shoulder straps, it nearly always lacked both. Similarly nobody was using helmet decals by 44 and if they were they were usually obscured. Equally plenty of 'foreign' SS units had collar patches that are fairly non offensive looking to anyone who doent know that units history. The double lightning rune was only worn by german nationals.

Comment

My mid war Waffen SS NCO impression

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kommissarboris Find out more about kommissarboris
                  Working...
                  X