VC Loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VC Loadout

Does anyone know where to get the black PJ's that the VC used to wear? - quite fancy a VC loadout and havnt had much luck finding them, saw the article in AI saying the loadout was all avaliable from a certain retailer (not sure if I can mention them on here?) but they dont have anything on their site?!?
    Selling MP5 & M4 Parts & Other Bits :
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...414#post958414

Re: VC Loadout

I think the certain (magazine named) retailer you're thinking of only has NVA kit, not VC 'pajamas'. You can pick up suitable looking pajamas for under £10 from the likes of Matalan so I'm told.
    If you want the real deal then keep an eye on ebay; there tends to be more available on the other side of the pond. I did have a link for a good cheap shop but can't find it now. I'll post it up if I find it.

Comment

Yeah, I have only found NVA on there, got an email from AI and they said it was quite new so may not be on said website yet but it would be worth calling them instead of going on their site so I will try that but if you do find the link let me know as I an sure they will be overpriced on their site or by phone...

Cheers
      Selling MP5 & M4 Parts & Other Bits :
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...414#post958414

Comment

Interesting. Yes it will probably be rather pricy, although the NVA stuff isn't too bad (but can still be had cheaper). I'll ask my friend who gave me the link to send it again tonight.

Comment

M&S is where i got my VC PJs
          Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
          It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

These are not just any viet cong pyjamas... these are M&S viet cong pyjamas...

Comment

Tesco sell black PJ's and then all you need is a light shade and a Ak chestrig. Done.

Comment

and when you're done fighting slip on some pearls and you're ready for formal wear.
                trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

VC load out.

the hat i got in australia, from a vietnam market, 2dollars, but you can pick them up on online auction sites here too.

the shirt is black cotton shirt, it was £7 from matalan (i can say Matalan here right?)

the trousers are cargo trousers, with the pockets on the legs taken off, a flimm from my local surplus shop.

the webbing is real steel VC chest rig, but Real Sword and SRC i believe make one and they're dead easy to find online, google VC chest rig, mine cost £30.

i have pictured a dump bag, its a cavas green (same colour as chest rig) dump bag, its chinese and from the korean war, again the internet, cost like £15 delivered from the far east.

gloves are just crapy old combat gloves and the boots again are not period, but tbh i ain't wearing sandles.

thats the cheapest kit i own, the most fun, and really good for summer, really bad for winter.

Weapons wise, in the ******* *****....

Type 56
                  RPK (47 platform, not 74)
                  ppsh
                  C96
                  MP40's (i don't really know why they ended up in the hands of the VC, but there you go!)
                  ak47's

Boris
                  K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

I have one for the CSW In Country 08 ( I defected to the VC side as my friend can't come with me on the US side any more)

it is a Black shirt, with Black Combats (not 100% obviously but it was put together in 1 day) NVA chest rig (cost me £8 :D). Sadly I don't have an AK so I use a "captured" M16 or G3.

Comment

Finally remembered to post the link- http://vietnam-surplus.com/vietcongn...ietnamese.html. There is also an ebay shop. Does VC clothing with scarf for $40, in western sizes too. Not half bad.

Weapons wise, in the ******* *****....

Type 56
                      RPK (47 platform, not 74)
                      ppsh
                      C96
                      MP40's (i don't really know why they ended up in the hands of the VC, but there you go!)
                      ak47's
                      There is also the option of MP44s, K98s etc. Just about anything WWII was used, along with any captured US weaponary ranging from WWII to (then) current issue.

MP40s & the like ended up in VC hands as they were supplied from stockpiles of weapons that were captured during/after WWII. They were no longer used by communist countries in Europe so they were shipped to Vietnam rather than supplying them with nice new, easily traced, weapons.

AK47s would have actually been quite rare in VC hands most of the time (and RPKs non existant) as they would have been kept by the regulars and only really became common in the second half of the war - after the VC was largely destroyed. WWII Soviet & captured ARVN (US WWII) weaponary was generally the most common for the VC. The standard issue for the PAVN for most of the war was the SKS, RPD or Mosin nagant sniper. Unfortunately nobody makes a skirmishable version of any of them so for airsoft purposes we have to make do with what we can get .

gloves are just crapy old combat gloves and the boots again are not period, but tbh i ain't wearing sandles.
                      Why use gloves at all, its not like they had any? Man up and deal with the nettles. :P
                      You can get French tropical boots (which PAVN ones were copied from) from Cost a fortune fore £20. A good substitute for the real deal if you have bigger feet.

the hat i got in australia, from a vietnam market, 2dollars, but you can pick them up on online auction sites here too.
                      Generally I'd recommend people buy a black boonie hat over a coolie. Granted it is a classic look, however not only are boonies more practical/comfortable but also more accurate- the VC rarely wore coolie hats in combat for obvious reasons.

Anyway a pretty decent impression there Boris. Certainly alot better than many attempts I've seen.

NVA chest rig (cost me £8)
                      Bargainous. Mine cost £19 posted but there is a few on ebay now for about £12.

Comment

as i said, its for airsofting, not a re-enactor set-up.

Boris
                        K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

I got my pajamas from Tesco for a fiver, but as others have said have a nose around M+S etc. Genuine ones are available from Sampan Imports in the US, they sell on fleabay as does a chap going by the name of Saigon Surplus who has a few bits of kit now and then. There`s an airsoft retailer in Scotland who has the chestrigs for £7.99 but postage bumps it up to about £13. VC boonies pop up on fleabay as well, they have a more rounded crown than the western type. I used to have a TM ak with a Guarder type56 bayonet kit on it, looked the dogs. The kit`s available from *******, or Zero One may be able to get you one, costs about £45 from RW.
                          Here`s a link to some good pics of NVA and VC gear (hope its ok)
                          http://www.vietnam-about.com/forums/...-(VC-NVA-Items)

Comment

Originally posted by ste887 View Post
                            and when you're done fighting slip on some pearls and you're ready for formal wear.
                            Top quote from a top film
                            sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

For authentic shoe you cut up an old tyre and get some string- fact!
                              sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Malice Find out more about Malice
                              Working...
                              X