Resident evil loadouts - An ongoing guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident evil loadouts - An ongoing guide

After a series of particularly abysmal resi threads by a certain anonoymous user, I thought it would be nice as a group project for the resi fans to put together a comprehensive resident evil loadout guide. I welcome any input or contributions you want to add to the guide from other users who want to help out! Please feel free to add your own guide for your favourite character or group!

First off, a generic S.T.A.R.S loadout, not specific to any character. This is mostly very easy to do, and opens up a lot of equipment possibilities rather than being limited to a specific character. Although specific characters will be covered later in this guide.

So, you want to be S.T.A.R.S?

A little history of the S.T.A.R.S

A special unit of the RPD, S.T.A.R.S. was founded in 1996 in order to combat the increasing rate of terrorism and other violent crimes. The RPD special forces team was formed as part of Mayor Michael Warrens' "A Bright 21st Century for Raccoon" campaign funded by the Umbrella Corporation. It is comprised of thirteen members split into two teams; the Alpha team led by Albert Wesker, and the Bravo Team led by Enrico Marini.

S.T.A.R.S Uniform

Each member of the unit wears an undershirt with the S.T.A.R.S. emblem over the left sleeve and a Kevlar tactical vest suited for each operative's personal skills and speciality. For example, Chris' vest was equipped a with sheath for his combat knife, while Rebecca's vest prominently displayed a red cross on the back, the international symbol of a medical assistance. Each member is allowed to choose their color for his/her uniform. A much more official and practical prototype S.T.A.R.S. uniform was also designed consisting of olive drab fatigues and a black tactical vest with the S.T.A.R.S. logo emblazoned across the back, but this outfit was never formally adopted due to the (Raccoon City) teams' demise. Instead, Chris wore the only known prototype on his mission to rescue his sister Claire, during the Rockfort Island incident.

So as you can see, this leaves you quite a bit of leeway when creating your own S.T.A.R.S loadout, as there is no "official" uniform. The only part of the uniform that seems to be worn by all the team members (With the exception of Rebbeca because for some reason she decided to roll hers up) are dark coloured combat trousers tucked into black boots and a pair of fingerless leather gloves.

So that leaves us with this as a basic startign point for your S.T.A.R.S member loadout:

- Body armour
    - An undershirt of your choosing, (most common colours, navy blue, white or grey) with the S.T.A.R.S emblem on the left sleeve
    - Dark combat trousers (Black, grey or charcoal seem to be the most common colours, a few use Khaki or OD as well)
    - Black boots
    - Fingerless gloves

For anyone who was wondering about the S.T.A.R.S Emblem, patches of these are readily available on The Bay for dirt cheap.

Im going to cover the body armour and gloves in a bit more detail, as the rest of the gear is pretty obvious.

From what I can gather, the body armour worn by the S.T.A.R.S team, is a Vietnam era M69 flak jacket. Some members (i.e wesker) have a version without a collar. Some members (i.e Barry) have a version with a collar. So its up to you whether you want a collar or not.

Now the M69 isnt the easiest, or cheapest, bit of kit to get your hands on. They do ocasionally pop op on The Bay. If however you're after a more readily available alternative, you could use the Viper Hong Kong Police vest.

The M69

The Viper HK Police vest

The gloves

Now these are fairly simple, there are several suitable gloves readily available from Zero One, simply pick your favourite out of the following and snip the fingertips off!

G-Tac Kevlar Operators gloves
    Mil-Force SWAT gloves
    Viper Tacticals

So thats your uniform pretty much sorted, now onto equipment:

Load bearing equipment:

Most of the characters are seen wearing a LC2 belt and yoke.

These are readily available from pretty much any surplus store, The Bay and I believe Z1 also stock them. Any surplus store that has them will also have various pouches available for them, so customise! Put whatever you feel necessary on them! Pistol mag pouches, dump pouches, handcuff pouches, get creative!

Holsters

Almost every character has a drop leg holster for thier sidearm. With the exception of Barry who has a leather shoulder holster for his revolver.

Radios

I am unsure of exactly what radio the S.T.A.R.S teams use, I assume they are just standard police radios. They appear very similar to the Motorola HT-1000, Ive only been able to find these available in the US and I dont believe they conform to UK PMR 446 radios. But to be honest, anything looking vaguely similar to this style of radio will do.

Weaponry

Now for the fun part, guns!

The standard sidearm of the unit is a customized variant of the Beretta 92F known as the 92F S.T.A.R.S. Special or Mod. Samurai Edge. It was designed by Joe Kendo, brother of the Kendo Gun Shop's owner, Robert Kendo (a close friend of Barry Burton). A standard-issue model was distributed among the members of S.T.A.R.S., including further specialized versions for Chris, Jill and Wesker. Barry's model was modified to fire the .40 S&W round with burst fire capability instead of the standard 9mm Parabellum round.

Other weapons used by S.T.A.R.S. members included Barry's custom .44 Magnum Colt Anaconda or .357 Colt Python (The Anaconda replaced the Colt Python as Barry's weapon of choice in the Resident Evil remake, the Colt Anaconda is the larger cousin of the Python, with an identical design re-sized for the .44 Magnum round.), Forest's Milkor MGL Mk.1 grenade launcher, Edward's G3 rifle, and two customized Remington M870 Tactical shotguns wielded by both Richard Aiken and Joseph Frost (These were changed to a Benelli M4 Super 90 and a Mossberg 590 in the Remake.) Chris and Jill also carried their personal survival knives during the "Mansion Incident". The S.T.A.R.S. photo also showed members with various assault weapons including several Heckler & Koch MP5 submachine guns and one Steyr AUG assault rifle. These weapons were not used during actual gameplay, possibly due to the fact that search-and-rescue operations rarely require the use of assault weapons, if any weaponry whatsoever. Also, the inclusion of assault rifles and sub-machine guns would have lowered the intensity and ominously dark atmosphere of the game dramatically. An Ingram M-11 can also be seen in the photo, though this weapon did not make it's appearance until Resident Evil 2 or the game's PC port.

So again, this leaves you a fair bit of leeway as the S.T.A.R.S team had a fairly comprehensive arsenal and obviously were equipped according to each situation. I would think its safe to say that unless you are portraying a specific character, youve got a lot of choice for weapons! As long as it existed in the mid/later '90s, for more inspiration think SWAT weapons, so MP5's, M4's, Benneli M3 or M56 tactical stock shotguns. Also try to keep them plain, they wouldnt have had things like red dot sights, Eotechs or ACOGs. You could probably get away with a flashlight or laser though.

I think that just about covers it! If theres anything Ive missed please let me know! This is my first loadout guide and I hope you find it useful. Im slowly building up my own S.T.A.R.S loadout and will be sure to put some pics up when its done!

Re: Resident evil loadouts - An ongoing guide

now thats how its done

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Ellison View Post
      now thats how its done
      + 1

Comment

now thats a guide , nice one
        dont point that thing at me

Comment

I don't know what to say. That was great.

Comment

I'll donate £20 to Help For Heroes if one of our female members plays at the weekender in one of the following RE loadouts:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
              I'll donate £20 to Help For Heroes if one of our female members plays at the weekender in one of the following RE loadouts:

Legend mate lol. I however think that the red dress does the jobby the most :P

Comment

Originally posted by anthonyyoungs1989 View Post
                Legend mate lol. I however think that the red dress does the jobby the most :P
                What about this?

Comment

For that, I'd probably be happy to pay far more than £20, just to the person wearing it and not to Help For Heroes and for a different type of play!!!!!!!!

Anyway, not to go too far off topic, very nice guide OP. Just goes to show what you can produce with a little thought and planning.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post

Anyway, not to go too far off topic, very nice guide OP. Just goes to show what you can produce with a little thought and planning.
                    Yes I agree much better than a certain someones thread. *facepalm*

Comment

Just to add to Tiercel's pretty extensive guide other alternatives to the M69 vest are the British NI vest but this will need the rifle pads removing and there is also an Israeli version of the M69 vest which pops up on the bay quite often as just the cover.
                      To be fair all you need is the cover and then to fill it with kip mat.

I'm going to go into a little detail with Chris' loadout here as it's the most common one replicated
                      Depending on which version of the game you are basing your loadout on depends on what patch and tshirt you need.
                      For the original you need the light blue patch and white t shirt, For the remake you need a light grey t shirt and black patch and for the RE5 alternate costume you need a white long sleeved with the sleeves rolled up and a black patch.
                      Chris also wears dark grey trousers with all his costumes. If you can find the old German "Moleskin" trousers they work perfectly for this.

For the original two games you need a double M16 ammo pouch like the drop leg one Viper make attached to your pistol belt. A Black LC2 alice belt with a single strap going over your shoulder to mount a feckin huge knife to.
                      For the Knife it needs to be one in a leather sheath, IIRC KaBars come with one. For skirmishing I'd suggest swapping the knife for a training one.
                      For the RE5 costume the belt kit is slightly different and I can't remember it all off the top of my head but I'll update this later.

Just for a little break in all the text here's a quick pic of me in my S.T.A.R.S. kit from a few years back

And one of a friend of mine who I have advised on a couple of RE loadouts.

I'll also add a Hunk guide later

Comment

Nice one Evansy! Although you left out the part where you have to eat HUUUGE STEROIDS for breakfast to look like Chris! :p

Comment

pfff, no one is as hot as ada wong, maybe jill second, but ada is fine.

oh and awesome resi thread plus 1.

Boris
                          K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
                            Nice one Evansy! Although you left out the part where you have to eat HUUUGE STEROIDS for breakfast to look like Chris! :p
                            Those aren't steroids. Chris had two orphan children grafted to his arms.

Back on topic.
                            I've checked the belt kit for RE5 S.T.A.R.S. Chris and it's the same as the remake with just two M16 sized mag pouches with side release buckles.

Comment

Originally posted by Evansy View Post
                              Those aren't steroids. Chris had two orphan children grafted to his arms.

Back on topic.
                              I've checked the belt kit for RE5 S.T.A.R.S. Chris and it's the same as the remake with just two M16 sized mag pouches with side release buckles.
                              Or even he had Chuck Norris' fists grafted to his arms :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
                              Working...
                              X