Airsoft innovations impact grenade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft innovations impact grenade

This is my first ever review so if its a bit hit and miss please bear with me.

First impressions:- £80 seems a lot for such a little package to me but having seen all the videos and the fact that these things have a reputation for living forever i felt it would be worth the initial outlay to maybe save money on traditional pyro, Comes in the standard brown box for the timed grenade with just a sticker on the top to tell you that its the impact version, package contains grenade, pull pin, trigger components, bottom saftey cap, ai grenade oil and for some reason 2 what apear to be french manuals (thank god for pdf) all in all seems very sturdy and i do feel this will last for a very long time as with the exeption of the pull pin there is nothing that can be lost in the field.

First use:- Putting the triger components together is no problem whatsoever once you have learned the sequence once it is easy to remember, however saying that it is not something you want to be doing after a deployment in the field wearing gloves and under fire i think once its deployed thats it untill you can get to the safe zone.
    Gassing up is easy i use propane with the ai adaptor it does seem to me to spill a lot of gas when filling even from the moment you start, not sure if this is right as this is my first grenade.
    BB filling is also easy and emptys my 2 pistol mag type speedloaders easily, some reviews say 200bb capacity however the box/manual says 180 either way it should be enough.
    All built up BBs in and all gassed up ready to go i leave the grenade in my pocket for a few mins to warm up slightly, after about 5 mins time to go, now i live in a tower block with very little room to play so this was lobbed down my 15ft by 3ft hallway, pulled out the pin and tested the claims that this grenade wont go off without a sharp impact, and no matter how i tried it wouldnt, shaking it and jumping around like an idiot did not set it off.
    Proceded to lob it down the hallway against the front door, the second it hit the door it exploded leaving my hallway litterd in BBs some even making there way back to me in the front room and the adjacent rooms running off my hallway.

Conclusion:- A little expensive for what it is but im sure it will pay for itself in the end, if i wasnt so restricted on space i would be playing with this untill my BBs ran out it feels like so much fun and also has the advantage of not having to wait between 3mins and 3hrs to go off as with the timed grenade.

Build quality*****
    Price****
    Usability*****

I will update this review when ive actualy had a chance to use it properly in the field.

lee

Re: Airsoft innovations impact grenade

great review,i would really like to get one of these instead i got one of the originals when it first came out, and its not up to scratch...i just wish they sold a conversion kit
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

They realy are good, i considerd the timed version but having escaped a few being thrown at me put me off, when i saw this just had to give it a go.

Comment

Out of interest why did you decide to go for a red one? or this the only colour available now?

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

No you have the choice of red or black.
          But i plan on throwing it into pitch black rooms so just thought red might be the easier of the two to find again after ive lobbed it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Quick update.
            Finaly rememberd to take it out and test it in the field.
            Used it for both room clearance and in grassy areas.
            Lobbed into a room it is brilliant cleared out every room i chucked it into everytime, even managed to use it as a trap on a doorhandle, one thing i will say is be careful where and how you throw it, i had an anoying newbie ath the end of a corridor at the bottom of a set of stairs who kept popping up and taking potshots at me and a couple of my team, so in went the grenade, underarm throw through the doorway just as he popped his head up and slammed him on the head then exploded, to say he wasnt pleased would be an understatment, after a few profuse apologies he managed to see the funny side of it but he did have quite a lump.
            Longish grass is a bit hit and miss i think depending on how it lands, if it lands top up then it looks like a snow storm however if it lands top down you dont get much out of it.
            Final word.
            Room clearing= spot on unlike standard pyro its instant detonation so no time to run.
            Woodland/overgrown grass= a bit hit and miss.

Lee

Comment

yep...more or less what i expected from it
              VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

how's it working now that its starting to get cold? The orignal ones were terrible for timing. I'd hope this was all but gone now?
                SAVE OUR SPORT
                http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

Shouldnt have any effect bar the fact the speed at which the gas expells the bbs will be a little slower but it should work fine. Will be able to tell you next week as I'm going to try mine out.
                  "It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!"

Armoury:G&G GR300, ICS MP5 SD5 CA.TM hybrid G3 SG1,TM PX4, KSC G34, WE M92L Airsoft Surgeon Tiger Cat, VFC KAC PDW RA TECH version

Comment

im interested in getting one of these, looks like its worth it but a little dear cost wise.

Comment

They do pay for themselves and are a lot of fun.

Instant detonation being its best point.

But a couple of things if you do buy one.
                      Dont ever reload it in the field! Drop one of the small parts making up the trigger assy and your buggerd, made the mistake twice once i found the part (after 20 mins) second had to order from AI direct!!!
                      And lastly (reason i got rid of mine) you may find a lot of players wont take it like standard pyro.
                      Ive got into arguments because at my site pyro clears rooms regardless of wether or not your hit by anything that it expels.
                      However i found peeved regulars wouldnt take it when it was thrown in stating that they werent hit by one of the 200+ BBs it got beyond a joke when some would and you enter the room to find others with there pistols firmly aimed at your face, calling a marshal in after every throw got on my nerves!!

However when you hear hit several times and a steady stream of players leave the room it feels good.

Comment

I've got one of these and an original too, the impact grenade is awesome, as mentioned the instant detonation is a fantastic way to clear rooms without people having the chance to get out.

A word on the original timed grenade though, I was told repeatedly about problems with their timing even during the summer and upon testing I found that to be the case, the wait could be ridiculously long...
                        Solution?
                        Unscrew the top cap, fill the top section with a mix of de-ionised water and fairy liquid, screw the top back on, prime the grenade just as you would if you intended to fire it, pull the pin and leave it in the sink... Basically it'll slowly squeeze the soapy water out of the timing tube.
                        I did this three times, then a fourth time with clean water and rinsed everything off again, dismantled and lubed the grenade to prevent any rusting and now it goes off as expected, either 3 seconds or 1+1/2 depending on the pin location... Use something like Guarder red and you end up having to have super-human reactions to pull the pin and throw it in time, so timing problem well and truly solved on standard green gas...

Comment

hay, anyone know if this has the DD mode like the original? cause i've heard a lot of moaning about people not taking hits (from both) but surely if it just went off with a loud bang it would be covered much like a BFG, and at most sites i've been to that means auto hit inside 5yrds.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tisane Find out more about tisane
                          Working...
                          X