X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Worst/Best sportsmanship encountered

Originally posted by generalbaxter View Post
    little hard, when all you can hear is your m60 lol
    Or learn to listen to a cracking phone screen.

I kid you!
    I agree with Dan really, you have apologised, you didnt argue with the marshall and you feel guilty about it, that should show to anyone you are an honest player. Like dan said, we all have those times.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

• Best : at ambush and me and my team mate where pinned down in a hut with a guy in a bunker next to us just keeping our heads down I pooped my head out and saw him did it again with my weapon and single shot to the head (only thing I could see) I caught up with him once I was killed and said really sorry for getting your head mate to my surprise he said bloody good shot and I think I deserved it really great lad
      Second good: virus game getting separated from my team and ending up shooting my mate Dave in the head and then falling over laughing when I saw the look on my face at which point I guy pulls me in as a full auto muppet sprays where I was hidden (would of hit my head and bloody hurt) thanks that man
      Bad: there is always bad I like to forget about it as if I remembered all of the bad sportsmanship I would pack up my gun and never get it out again (other than to shoot the step son always funny) and yes he thinks it's funny too and yes he has my plate carrier and mask ect. He can't feel a thing so don't complain lol
      Originally posted by bulldoguk
      Short barreled version so I can class it as a CQB right?
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]75861[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
        Or learn to listen to a cracking phone screen.
        this is no shitty iphone, im pimping a proper nokia n8, iv kicked it, sat on it, had it shot, loads and its still going, its been down the bog more times then my poop lol

at stormforce, depending on your spawn point, you would only be out (dead) from anywhere from 20seconds to 5mins, so theres no point trying to cheat, it does give the m60 a rest tho lol

Comment

Originally posted by patch View Post
          I pooped my head out
          Sounds very uncomfortable

Comment

Originally posted by DanBeresford View Post
            Another example of great sportsmanship - this last weekend at First and Only Anzio Camp. I was there for the entire weekend for two daytime skirmishes and a night game on the saturday, and the level of sportsmanship there was truly outstanding. Despite numerous cases of equipment malfunction with my kit, that couldn't dampen the experience at all - easily the best airsoft experience I've ever had.

Everyone was clearly there to have fun, and everyone gave everything they had, with some truly fierce battles going on over the weekend - really brutal fire fights - with no bad blood at all afterwards. Laughs and battle stories from all involved, and genuine concern from complete strangers when a friend of mine hurt his knee during the sunday game.

The absolute epitamy of the sport, and everyone who attended should be proud of themselves for a brilliant weekend!
            That's good to hear. I have not been to Anzio for a while, I really like the site but the last few games I went to were a bit cr@p due to a few poor sports. Hopefully when I hand in my dissertation in April and start skirmishing again I'll head over there again.
            For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
            Check out my other sales!

Comment

Originally posted by Kensai View Post
              That's good to hear. I have not been to Anzio for a while, I really like the site but the last few games I went to were a bit cr@p due to a few poor sports. Hopefully when I hand in my dissertation in April and start skirmishing again I'll head over there again.
              You are more than welcome to tag along with the Anzio Immortals for a skirmish - we'll make sure you have fun! :D
              Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

I've seen lots of bad sportsmanship, for example people not taking hits, people swearing at others and saying they were cheating when they clearly weren't.

I've also seen good sportsmanship too though. I saw one lad who's gun had broken so someone lent him his and just used his pistol!
                Originally posted by psirus101
                I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

i remember my very first wkender. it was Red Dawn up in sennybridge. was running around with my mate's sons L96. i was sat in a building scoping this 1 desert team member who was wearing a great big red cowboy hat so i fired a round at him and i watched through the scope as the round bounced off his chest. he looks round and carries on trying to take an objective. i fired again, hitting him in the chest but still didn't take his hit. fed up this time i looked around at the marshal who just walked in and told him to watch the cowboy, i fired again and still he didn't take his hit so the marshal radios his counterpart and he storms off.

at the same game a group of us decided that it was time to take out the desert teams respawn point meaning they then had to join the civvies regen. so off we went really quietly and snuck up on the house taking out the lone sentry at the back door. thats when the problems started, we tossed our grenades in to clear it. some took their hits some didn't so we laced 'em. after that we had to hold the point for 30mins which we were doing before a marshal told us that we had had to move from the area, giving back their regen. basically they didn't like it when 5-6 lads stormed and took their base from them so they told the marshals we cheated by using a quad bike to scout them which we didn't. they were hanging out the windows taunting us.

other than that it was a good wkend
                  Team DC........................it's all about shock and awe

Comment

During a game I once helped an opposing player out of some deep mud (about waist height), he didn't shoot me nor I to him. Just helped him out of the mud, shook hands and then went our separate ways. Good sportsmanship from his part because he saw me first and could have shot me and then asked for help.

Comment

Reviving a thread over a year old instead of starting a new one... well played!

Comment

Holy shit this is over a year old?!

Comment

Sportsmanship not been a hot topic in 2013 clearly!

Comment

Woodland game with 80+ people; elements of yellow team on one end of a bamboo like maze that had a fence on the side, me and elements of red team on the other. 2 guys on red supress the maze entrance while i head up to the fence, getting the drop on one guy. being less then 5 feet away with a tri-shot, i didn't particularly wanna do the guy any real harm; and considering the "Bang" rule wasnt covered at the start, i used my initiative; aimed, got his attention and asked him to take his hit; his instant reflex was to briefly dodge into cover, but then realised how close i was and took his hit. good lad!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheJim Find out more about TheJim
                            Working...
                            X