Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Worst/Best sportsmanship encountered

Bloodyy hell!!!
    It was TODAY that I experienced some Major cheating!!!
    It was a walk on rental day (and they have to wear full face painball style masks) and in one of the hut windows he was JUST showing his mask and his gun and blind firing, I shot him in his mask several times and he didnt take them and carried on shooting, again I let off a burst and hit him in his mask, nothing, so I ran over to the marshal and I said 'watch this' and let of another burst into his mask, he didnt take it so Off went Mr marshal and gave him a good telling off and kicked from that game, Just so happend he was doing the same thing next game -.- So me and My mate decided enough is enough and Lob 2 frags into the building, BOOM and he limps out with his hand up... mm sweet sweet smell of justice..., he later got bared from the site

Comment

Well for me it was from a 14 year old lol.. but lets be honest what do you expect from kids eh lol. Me and a mate were laying down in some tree's. We knew there were a few of the other team behind a bush just ahead of us as we could hear them, we waited patiently and the 14 year old came out from behind. We opened up on him and it really was a like a scene from a movie. In slow motion his arms started wailing in the air, his chest swung from left to right as he took hits and his head went back as he was screaming... Me and my mate peed ourselves until he ran back behind the bush to his friends calling out where we were and then returned fire with them....
      He was my bitch for the rest of the day. I hunted him religiously!!
      Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 10 October, 2010, 08:27. Reason: language

The Unit-13 Vipers are Recruiting
      Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Uni...92968847384478
      UK Airsoft Wiki Moderator

Comment

Last weekend my team were holding a bunker whilst i went lonewolf in the bracken creeping up behind the opfor.
        I took out the majority of their team completely undetected then focused on a young (14ish) rental player, i followed him for a bit and then let 3 shots into his back but i watched him through the susat just look around behind him then carry on so i did the same thing again only for him to just look around to see if anyone had noticed him getting hit, he then just carried on and opened up on my teams defensive position so then popped a single round into the back of his head....everyone heard him shout ouch so had to take his hit, little b*****d

But then on the opposite end of the scale one of the regulars was running and jumped over the bomb hole i was lying in, it was like slowmotion as he noticed i was in there gun pointing at him mid-air so simply put his hands up and say's well done chap
        Roses are red,
        Violets are blue,
        In soviet russia,
        Poem reads you!

Comment

I was peppering a guy at distance and wasn't sure if my hits where landing so I carried on.

I could see him quite clearly. He didn't say "Hit!" or put his hand up.

Just shouted "STOP ****ING SHOOTING ME!!"

Well, I would of stopped if you had shouted hit or put your hand up you moron. No need to get upset!
          Loki - Rogue Recon Unit, The Rogues

Comment

Once in a tunnel I was trading pistol shots against a guy. Ammo ran low and eventually he ran out of ammo, I moved toward him, drew a second pistol, threw it to him so that we could carry on. I forget who actually won.

Worst was when marshalling a while ago. A group of dead players next to me watched in astonishment as I hit tested a guy with my L96. He took 15 shots, each time looking to see where they came from& each time not calling hit.

Stern words were had. He has not returned.

Comment

Originally posted by acheekymonkeyuk View Post

Both me and one enemy came round a corner at each other, i grabbed hit rifle and pushed it to the side, and jabbed my pistol into his stomach saying "take your hit"
              Isnt it generally against the rules(if not the spoken rules then definately the unspoken), to grab an enemies gun and physically jab em?

I swear no physical actions are allowed in airsoft.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                I swear no physical actions are allowed in airsoft.
                not at TWA Punches were thrown.
                old trader rating link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10627

Comment

Originally posted by bert uk View Post
                  not at TWA Punches were thrown.
                  jesus when was that?!

and was it because of an argument or was it someone purely paying the game?

Comment

Best:
                    My sniper was playing up in a game and the bolt was jamming often.
                    Another sniper snuck up on me and tapped me on the shoulder... I turned and said "ahhh, feck" after seeing his red tag.
                    He gave me some gun fluid for my bolt, and afterward said "I'll give you 20 seconds".

Worst:
                    Lending a shotgun (pride and joy) to a guy with a dead battery Mp5. He broke it, and gave it back to me without a word, infact left it in the safe zone and went home without even seeing me.

Took me till the wednesday to scream.
                    sigpic

Comment

i didnt jab him with it, i just pushed it gently into his stomach to let him know i had him,

Comment

BEST: storming a wooden hut, to be greeted by 3 support gunners.
                        consisting of:
                        1 a&k m60
                        and 2 a&k m249's

none of them fired, and i took my hit.
                        i was eternily grateful

WORST: middle aged "first timer", completely oblivious to the rules.
                        he was litterally the pinacle of bad players;
                        not taking hits, shooting too close, lighting people up with 100+ rounds...ect
                        there was one game in particular, where he was doing the above, and was seen by a marshall. the marshall told him to "knock it off", and the guy just verbally flipped the birdy.
                        i do believe he was vacated from the site...
                        it's people like that who make airsoft unenjoyable

iain
                        if we have traded, please remember to rate me on itrader:
                        http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=105883

Comment

cant leave this out tho...
                          first ever skirmish,
                          utter noob, all alone.
                          cold day.
                          fell over and broke my m14 stock :'(
                          a couple of guys laughed, but one guy picked me up, walked me back to the safezone.
                          not only that, but he then sat down (and missed his next game) helping me fix my M14.
                          to top all of this off, he then talked to the marshalls so that i'd be on his team, and he lent me a pistol so i could be his spotter for the day
                          couldnt have asked for a better first experience.

(i'm actually extremely good friends with him now, and we go to my local site every month)

i guess a bit of kindness goes a long way

iain
                          if we have traded, please remember to rate me on itrader:
                          http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=105883

Comment

I'm pleased to say that I have plenty of good examples, but one of my most recent was at a woodland site.

A guy was hidden in a bush, wearing jack pike style camo with a pistol. All we knew at the time was that every time we made an aproach through this bit of woodland, we were taking hits.

So 4/5 of us formed a line and carefully pushed forward. One more guy got taken out, still no idea where this other guy was.

Pushed on till I was about 3m from him (still can't see him) and hear a 'right, I think I'll come out now' from one of the bushes and so he does. Thoroughly congratulated by all of us for his 5 pistol kills and excellent concealment.

It stands out for me as a great example of fair play from both sides. We could have just lit up all of the trees/bushes until we got a hit, but this was way more satisfying, even though none of us shot him.
                            Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
                            Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

Best sportsmanship: seeing people take hits when theres a very big chance it was a ricochet.
                              Any surrenders where there is no visible line of sight between the two players, e.g. hidden close in a bush or even a group of players offering a surrender to a player in a room with no exit, yeah this may seem a bit girly but there are plenty of people who would prefer to be offered the surrender than get laced.
                              Taking a kill from a pyro when your fairly confident you are just outside what would be considered a kill radius or classing your cover as not hard cover even though its debatable, this is something that i think really deserves a pat on the back for as people have spent money on pyro and its a bit slack when people just ignore it because the user is out of sight.
                              My first ever game when i was hiring a G36c my battery went and some guy came over and lent me his battery, as i didnt know how to fit it he lent me his mp5 to hold off the enemy while he put the new battery in, i became a member of the site on the same day.

Worst sportsmanship: we've all seen this happen, you get the drop on someone from a reasonable distance and fire a single shot at them, watch it hit them and then its ignored, fire a burst at them and watch them look around to see you before they take their hits as if they are just making sure it wasnt their imagination, i'm fully of the opinion that with some players if they cant see who shot them then they didnt get shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricochet View Post
                                with some players if they cant see who shot them then they didnt get shot.
                                I had this yesterday, while shooting a damn kid who was too busy firing and looking around to see who was hitting him, i got shot in the face twice :/

A lot of the time I find hit taking a matter of what clothes people are wearing! there was another person yesterday who couldnt feel his hits as he was wearing a big baggy fleece! Not his fault, and im sure he didnt mean it intentionally, but it made for slightly frustrating gameplay

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheJim Find out more about TheJim
                                Working...
                                X