Worst/Best sportsmanship encountered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Worst/Best sportsmanship encountered

The worst sportsmanship I have encountered?
    New player, with 800 pounds worth of gear bought for him by Daddy is running along, I put a 3 round burst into him with an M4 at about 30m.
    He continues running, dives behind a tree and returns fire at a different person on my team. I put another three round burst into his facemask at about 20m. He turns looks at me and says "oh, didn't see you there, guess I will have to take that one." He then walks past me to respawn and puts a burst into my back at close range for being "Unsporting" .

Best sportsmanship?
    Guy lent me his P90 for a game while the battery for my hire gun was being charged, he showed me how to do everything that I needed to, such as reloading and also left me all of his spare mags :D. Its people like him who make airsoft the great sport that it is.
    sigpic
    "Never trust quotes that you find on the Internet" - Albert Einstein

Comment

One of the worst displays of poor sportsmanship I've seen was on Saturday at Bexley.

Having just had it re-iterated in the safe zone, at the briefing, that vertical firing on the staircases was NOT allowed, some clown vertical fired up the staircase and shattered a guy's glasses.
      Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Do they change the rules at Bexley every 30mins for fun these days?

More worryingly... what were the glasses?!

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
          Do they change the rules at Bexley every 30mins for fun these days?

More worryingly... what were the glasses?!
          +1 on this...
          How on earth did the glasses break? Was it a long full auto burst or something?

Also, is that no-vertical-firing rule to prevent someone being shot in the eye under their glasses?
          Others till I die

Comment

Originally posted by ElCarl View Post
            +1 on this...
            How on earth did the glasses break? Was it a long full auto burst or something?

Also, is that no-vertical-firing rule to prevent someone being shot in the eye under their glasses?
            Yeah, I guess the idea of the no vertical firing rule is to prevent people being shot under the glasses.

Shooting up/down the stairs is still allowed, but shooting vertically isn't.

I don't know quite how the glasses broke, but I'm pretty sure they did. It didn't look good, that's for sure. I wear mesh goggles anyway, but that incident has just concreted my choice of mesh goggles and full face protection.

Comment

Worst sportsmanship I've seen is regarding a player / marshal. He would insist that he had hit people on the webbing and they didn't feel it, but then told the people in question they should be taking the hit.

To my mind, you either play or you marshal and you really shouldn't use you standing as a marshal to make someone take a hit that you think you have scored on a person. Hit calling is seriously frowned upon at the site in question, yet the marshal was telling people to take hits.
              It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

The elderly. They seem nice enough, but can they really be trusted ?

Comment

For me this time at my local CQB site underground they turn off all the lights and we have a game of Infection (Zombies). And any Alive player can shoot a Zombie then the Zombie has to stay still for 10 seconds then they can start running again, they have to shout hit very loudly when hit tho. And it was only pistols and shottys. This kid runs towards me so I shot him with my 40f which was chronod that day at 352fps. He stood still almost bent over so I wasnt sure if he was hit or in pain. I said you ok mate? he was like yes then started running. Long story short I shot 24 rounds into his chest before he called hit.
                Providing back rubs and rehabilitation for the players I kill. I know, sometimes you are so humiliated!

Comment

Originally posted by tpelling View Post
                  Long story short I shot 24 rounds into his chest before he called hit.
                  I hope that hurt in the morning!

Comment

Originally posted by tpelling View Post
                    Long story short I shot 24 rounds into his chest before he called hit.
                    Is this a tale you his or your poor sportsmanship?

Deliberate overkill to teach non hit-takers a lesson is rarely a good way to deal with these situations. That's what marshal's are for.
                    bought [bawt]
                    verb
                    Simple past tense and past participle of buy.
                    brought [brawt]
                    verb
                    Simple past tense and past participle of bring.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali View Post
                      Is this a tale you his or your poor sportsmanship?

Deliberate overkill to teach non hit-takers a lesson is rarely a good way to deal with these situations. That's what marshal's are for.
                      Other guy's bad sportsmanship, definitely - 24 shots with a pistol doesn't only take 1 or 2 seconds, and the other guy could have easily called hit before he had been shot that many times.
                      I play that if they haven't shouted hit and are clearly still playing, you just keep shooting them until they do. Nothing ridiculous like 10 seconds of full auto at 10 metres, but just keep putting rounds on target till they take it.
                      Others till I die

Comment

Call me if you will but on the above:

How i play... semi auto or a quick burst of full into someone (when i know iv deffinatly hit them) then i wait 4-6 seconds for them to raise there hand or call hit. If not there going to get another burst even longer than the first one.

No excuses, Take your hits.

Comment

I didn't mean to come across as holier-than-thou.... I completely understand the temptation to MAKE someone know they're hit on occasion.

I have personally seen at some big events what that can turn into... players just rinsing each other with 30-40 rounds at a time. The mentality of "Im not going to take my hits if you're not" is quick to set in and spread.

Far more effective for people to be warned or removed from the game in my opinion.
                          bought [bawt]
                          verb
                          Simple past tense and past participle of buy.
                          brought [brawt]
                          verb
                          Simple past tense and past participle of bring.

Comment

Well I'm new to airsoft so I don't really have any experiences good or bad yet. However during my paintballing days some clown had the audacity to full auto a good six or seven second burst into a MARSHAL'S leg from about 7-8m away. The kid claimed he thought the marshal was a regular player (even though the Marshals wore high vis jackets for just that reason). However the Marshal caught him out saying there was no need to do such a lengthy burst anyway even if he though he was a regular player. The kid was concealed at the time so I think he thought he could get away with it.

Again its a little of topic, but when I was 15 or 16 I went to a laser tag game and the opposing team was comprised of a hen party made of women throughout their twenties. They cheated, ganged up on "out" players and worst of all, when someone shot them they swore (c*nt, f*ck and pr*ck) and spat at the people who shot them. This is bad enough on its own but take into consideration that most of the people on my team where kids or in their early teens. It was utterly disgusting and you would have thought adults would know better. Needless to say I don't think they played at that laser tag place again.

I hope I have a better experience airsofting.
                            For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
                            Check out my other sales!

Comment

Often its the case of the peeps with all the gear not taking their hits, really pees me off then, on the last occasion complaining to the marshall that I wasnt taking hits after I had hosed him and his oppo. Credit where credit is due, said marshall just said "well your both out then".

You move on though...turn the other cheek

Comment

I think the best bit of good sportsmanship for me was spotting a player walking up from the tank at DV, obviousley a new player (rental, trainers & tracksuit bottoms...) so I prepared myself for the worst, he rounded the corner & found me pointing both my pistol and tri-barelled shotty at him at which point I asked if he was dead (he was on one of the main routes back to the SZ so I wasnt 100% sure if he was in play or not) his reply was "I guess I am now!"
                                Cant fault that sort of sportsmanship from a new player, I was fully expecting to get sprayed at close range...
                                Selling MP5 & M4 Parts & Other Bits :
                                http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...414#post958414

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheJim Find out more about TheJim
                                Working...
                                X