Gulf War 1 SAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gulf War 1 SAS

1941 pattern repro smock, you should be able to get them on ebay.
    HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Cheers guys, some very good suggestions there! I think some tan/sand coloured paint on the vest is a must as its so shiny. From the pics I've seen I think some 80's pattern temperate trousers may do the job, and they seem to be more readily available than the old desert pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by horrorfin View Post
        Hi, I'm after advice on GW1 SAS loadout.

Does anyone know where to get pre soldier 95 desert trousers?

Would the assault vest be sprayed/camouflaged? It's a little shiny at the moment!

[ATTACH]12758[/ATTACH]

What type/make is the vest you have on in the pic please?

Not the 72 patt is it?

As for trs,the Gulf91 type are available on that well known auction site.

As for paint,in the early days(60s/70s) dont think there was a specific desert coloured paint for vehicles etc as there was back in 91 and now so if going to paint webbing,weapon etc i would look for some Brit/Nato desert colour.

As to the pink coloured vehicles of the 60s/70s-was just flicking through a 1971 edition of Soldier mag and on the cover are 2 "pink" Saladins with the text" the colour was produced by mixing red lead paint with conventional buff paint and dusting with fine sand before it dries"

Comment

I believe it is a more modern copy of the 72 pattern vest, its essentially two big nylon pouches sewn onto a mesh base, with a large rucksack type pouch on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by horrorfin View Post
            I believe it is a more modern copy of the 72 pattern vest, its essentially two big nylon pouches sewn onto a mesh base, with a large rucksack type pouch on the back.

Phhhhhhhhhhhhhhhew,for a minute then i thought you were going to paint/trash an original 72 patt vest:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Comment

Ha ha, see what you mean, no its dated 2002 in the rear pouch I've just checked it!

Comment

For the vest I'd take it off to somewhere dusty and spend 5 minutes kicking it around the place, it's the only way to get it scruffy and dusty. Perhaps give it a little bit of spray glue/spray mount beforehand.

for painting the weapons a 2" paintbrush and whatever correctly coloured paint you have to hand will do the trick if you want to be authentic, they would've used whatever is to hand so go for it.

I have a set of GW1 combats that I am unlikely to use again, feel free to get in touch if you are interested.
                Stirling original.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainPriceSAS View Post
                  Also how would you spray up and M16/203 for dessert e.g. colours/pattern?
                  Looks like they used a light white paint, or maybe a chalk based paste, which was then rubbed down?

Comment

Could you use an old school m4 for this loadout? Like an m727?

Comment

time to get out my 1941 windproof smock and sort out my gulf war loadout it hink after looking at the picture of B2B on the rear rap of that helo
                      They say that SOG was born from ex-Delta operators, only the best make the grade. Teflon warriors need not apply.

Comment

i no this is off subject,but doesn,t it get too hot,and then too cold for the airsoft guns gear to be kept in the attick,or is it ok,ie no problems thus caused to your gear/guns.
                        [winter/summer].
                        thanks-

on subject,soldier of fortune have some period gear.

Comment

I've had no problems with the guns, but its boarded out and insulated so its always quite warm up there.

Comment

Good to see someone else is into SAS GW1 loadouts, thats my thing!!! Yeah mate if you want to get serious about a Gw1 SAS loadout then you need to get the paint out on your gun and your kit. From all the photos ive seen the m203s were painted white/tan-esp the two guys standing in the b20 book. you could easily do this by getting humbrol spray paints matt white and desert yellow and just putting it on any old way- ul notice most seem to have been done in 2secs! its about breaking up the shape/colour, not a work of art.

look out for some OG PLCE webbing too. If your just doing it for airsofting & not reenacting i wouldnt get too hung up on the right trousers mate -solder95desert trousers are the same except for the buttons. simple as that. If you are totally serious on getting it right then youll need the real vest and not the Silvermans copy youre wearing. I have that and an original too and theyre really different! Though the real one is Fucking Hard to get-took me nearly 12 years to track one down!!!! ive attached it for you to see. but as i say if its just for airsoft then dont worry about it mate. my Silvermans copy looks better now that ive painted it up like McNabs!!..coz Fuck painting the original!!

You could also look into getting an SAS Arctic smock aswell as these were used amongst a load of other stuff!! the good thing is there is a shit load of photos out there of them and many different loadouts to try!!! hope this helps!
                            Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Comment

Am i right in thinking that at the time the desert SAS/Windproof smock wasnt an issue item(unlike now) and so the ones seen were commercial items?

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Mcann View Post
                                Am i right in thinking that at the time the desert SAS/Windproof smock wasnt an issue item(unlike now) and so the ones seen were commercial items?
                                I think they were 1940 pattern smocks.
                                HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

horrorfin Find out more about horrorfin
                                Working...
                                X