X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Upgrade guide Based on Maruzen type 96

Originally posted by billybob9351 View Post
    right thinking of going from total stock to the following does anyone know if theres anything i've missed that i'll need
    laylax barrel spacers
    laylax teflon cylinder
    laylax thick 150 spring
    laylax pro silent damper kit

i think possibly i may need a steel piston sear???

yeah as all extra air seal pressure

you will need the spring guide,
    spring guide stopper,
    sears, be on safe side mate other wise bolt may implode when sear fail :p

Comment

going to go for the 170 spring instead with the trigger sear and spring guide from zeroone possibly a new teflon cylinder??? can anyone tell me where i can get a piston from that actually has it in stock a link to one in stock would be great

Comment

just as a heads up guys pss2 parts will fit but only some of them like the pistons springs atleast thats what i've been told so i'm going to bite the bb and put my zero1 order in and see

Comment

Don't got for the 170 mate

As my 140 spring produced 498fps with tb barrel and pdi unit

So be aware the 170 spring would give near 530 fps stock
          so add about 15-20 with the ugraded airflow items

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
            You need to re-tap the hole mate if the screw sheered off inside the thread

Other wise if your able to get the thread out it is a 2.5 mm screw
            Hi just an update long overdue.

I had a PDI hop up unit (actually i suppose I still do). Managed to get the screw out with help from a friend by scoring the sheared part and unscrewing it naturally, lucky I know.

Turns out the PDI hop up unit has a 2.38 or 2.3mm screw, definately not a 2.5mm like the original sadly (checked with digital calipers) sorry I didn't mention it as previous. But I've given up hope trying to find the correct screw, it's pretty much impossible to find one, friend who works in an aviation workshop couldn't find one.

I'm ordering an Hexagon hop up unit because I decided that the PDI levers were proving too much of a fiddle for me given that the grub screws were grinding into my nice shiny PDI barrel. I'll try to update you guys when I do get the HP enhanced hop up unit, but from reviews and word of mouth- I've heard it's a step up from the standard but keeps simplicity. Somewhere of a middle ground between the two I hope.

With some luck the screw that holds the magazine in place will be somewhat more standardised in spec so if I am stupid enough to release the bolt catch when cocked, then I can find a replacement screw.

Think I'm paying about £30 including postage to get it from HK. (Using a madbull V2 barrel and prommy hard bucking)

If this doesn't work then i'm going to have to try and source a standard barrel and hop up unit (if anyone has one or a Well one knocking around let me know)
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

to be honest mate, it will be easier re tapping the pdi unit for 3mm screws

and for the twin arms, put ptfe tape arounf each gurb screw so it is alot smoother and precise when adjusting

Comment

thinking of getting a l96 maurzen but it has a couple of issues

1st stiff bolt handle up/down

2nd Hop needs setting up

3rd Standard trigger with metal plates added

apart from that seems a very good spec currently approx 500fps

anyone got any ideas on the above probs easy fix or big problems

Comment

1- stiff bolt, from lack of care and lube, simple fix, clean it and lube,
                  2 set the hop up.
                  3 cant be standard as other material wont allow the rifle to fit together

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
                    1- stiff bolt, from lack of care and lube, simple fix, clean it and lube,
                    2 set the hop up.
                    3 cant be standard as other material wont allow the rifle to fit together
                    Thanks so tlc and a good weekend playing really

Comment

on the l96, the teflon bolts need extra care for them to keep sliding and moving freely,

take the rifle to bits when recieve it/ when you can, and remove all grease, regrease but with the following

for metal on metal internals use a small ammount of white lithium grease
                      for rubber seals on the piston and cylinder head, use silicone spray/lube.
                      for the teflon bolt use teflon grease, a small covering
                      for stainless bolt, use white lithium grease

also it would pay to brasso the bolt housing to remove all the crap and dirt and to all smooth and polish it at the same time

Comment

What difference would it make if I only purchased the Laylax spring guide stopper and spring guide to start off with? Currently shooting at around 460fps with .2's

Comment

nothing really, possibly a more consistent FPS but nothing to suffice the costs of it all unless you are 100% going to be buying more upgrade parts in the future

Comment

just had my l96 out for first time skirmishing 407 consistant all day on .3s (thats stock)
                            well happy with that
                            KWA G36C KSC GLOCK 19

Comment

I've just bought a Warrior L96. Just fitted some homemade barrel spacers and I'm planning to get a tightbore barrel and a new hop up, because mine is a bit inconsistent but also because part of the black plastic hop up lever has snapped, so ive had to tape it to keep the collar on.
                              Can anyone direct me to the right parts to get? I'm having a lot of trouble sourcing parts to fit.
                              Cheers
                              Last edited by tolucophoto; 15 March, 2011, 23:21.

Comment

All we can say is google or zeroin website, if it was me i would just question on these forrums to purchase a 2nd hand but good condition stock L96 hop unit as found them to perform the best.

You can then fit a madbull tightbore barrel providing you cut in some grooves so it appears simular to that of the grooves on a stock barrel.

You can go for a PDI hop unit but its a hassle getting it set up, the hex hop is another alternative which im trying out for the first time this sunday

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
                                Working...
                                X