This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Upgrade guide Based on Maruzen type 96

Yeah i've been googling for the past few days but I'm getting confused about which parts will fit.... Mauzen, Type 96, TM, PSS96, APS2 etc.

Not sure how I would go about cutting the grooves? Any ideas?
    If I got an aftermarket hop up, I wouldn't have to do any cutting would I? Also, I can't find barrels that are the right length anyway (490mm?) so I'd have to trim the end.

I've seen the Hex hop on a US site for about £18. Bit cheaper than the PDI and tbh I don't want the hassle setting it up. Let me know what you think of it.
    If I order the Hex, a madbull and a new rubber that should work shouldn't it?

Thanks

Comment

You just use a junior hack saw blade to lightly cut in a groove all the way arround the outside of the inner barrel, saying that though the last one i fitted didn't need any groove being cut onto it.

If you get an aftermarket hop unit such as the hex one then no cutting is needed just buy an AEG barre land fit it straight in with a new rubber.

£18 though is stupidly cheap :S

Iel let you know how it goes with mine after sunday, it does take some time to install propperly but onts its done its fine and alot easier than pdi

Comment

Also you would have to fit a longer than normal inner barrel, so don't cut it down just fit an anfter market silencer adapter and silencer (helps alot too).

The after market adapter should then allow the inner barrel to slidestraight through and poke into the silencer a little. If it won't poke through the after market adapter then you will need to drill the inner hole out a little which is a 2 minute job if you have the tools

Comment

Yea here is a good place to buy upgrades I got:
          Full Laylax Cylinder/Piston Set
          PDI Hop Unit and rubber
          Silencer ADPT
          All for nice low prices. 2nd hand might be slighty worn but atleast you know it works.
          Also for barrel length if you have the aftermarket hop unit get a 509mm barrel as standard is around 500. Mine stuck out the barrel but the silencer adapter covered it up.
          If your keeping the standard hop unit there are plenty of places of including Zeroone that sell barrels for the standard hop.
          PSS96 parts fit the L96 also it's a clone of the Maurzen Type 96 so anything that fits that will fit a Warrior one.
          Ric
          Stop Drop And Roll

Comment

Think I'd just mess it up. Better order a new hopup!
            Let me know if the Hex is any good and if so I'll order one monday. If not I'll keep an eye out for a used stock one or splash out on a Laylax Aerochamber or a PDI.

Thats a good idea. I'd seen those but I wasn't sure a silencer would make any difference with it being a spring.

Do you rate the Madbull Black Pythons, or is there better ones for a similar price?

Btw Badas... I see you're from WYorks. Where abouts do you go skirmishing?

Comment

Thats some expensive words The Dr :P

Hop and barrel makes the biggest difference and cylinder should allways be done last really, the PDI cylinder from experience provides easier cocking of the gun at higher FPS's when assembled and greased up propperly, but thats about it.... Consistency of FPS is on par with a teflon cylinder but a stock cylinder is just as good really.

Comment

Totally agree. Cylinder is not essential go for the hop and barrel obv like you are doing I only got my set as it was going cheap. My madbull V2 6.03 509mm barrel works great with the PDI hop and I'm gonna try a madbull shark hop rubber.
                Good luck dude and have fun
                Stop Drop And Roll

Comment

I would avoide the madbull rubbers for high end fps ribles, prommy / nineball or maybe guarder as last resort.

Comment

I tried the prommy rubber and it's the worst rubber Iv ever come across. This isn't just me saying this but the rubber entrance is too small for any BB takes two hands to push the BB through. Iv read that some people couldn't even move the BB at all and had to dismantle the hop. Best is firefly but no-where sells that so I was thinking madbull instead. You mean the cheap like £8 guader rubber?
                    Stop Drop And Roll

Comment

Yeah ive heard good reviews on the guarders :/

Madbul hop rubber can be great but also now been experiencing people having issues withit in certain hopup chambers with bb's not feeding propperly.

It works well in my M14 delviering excellent range and consistency but i wouldn't like to run it in my sniepr rifle as a friend of mine has just had pure hastle with his recently in a stock G36 hop though :/

Comment

I'm going to pick up a Laylax 150 spring from Z1.

Do I get the PSS2 or the PSS10?

Comment

Vulcan get the pss96 spring as will slip right in without needing to buy a new sized spring guide and pistol etc

basically the red shark hop rubber is the best result giving hop rubber

the guarders are good but not effective using heavy ammo such as the .40/.43 ,

Comment

so using a madbull red shark hop rubber and its provided black H nub is a guarenteed good performer?

got one laying arround here im considering using in my ASP2 with hex hop chamber :/

Comment

Yes mate guarenteed good performance I used them in every l96 I have used

Also tried a hard firefly and wasn't upto par with it

Comment

with what inner barrels?

im using a PDI 6.01 at the moment but considering trying to source a 6.03 alternative

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
                                Working...
                                X