Collapse

Very high rps... What's the point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Very high rps... What's the point?

a torch is a torch, a torch that isn't bright simply DOESNT WORK.
    i don't know anyone that has ever used 20 moscarts in a game, unless they are using a bandolier in which case.. so what? they are crap anyway
    100 nads, deffo.. that is ridiculous
    supplements and vitamins? lol this isn't the olympics.. no that is not cheating
    a hi cap yes its cheating.

This is meant to be some form of military simulation! I understand that the guns don't shoot as far. they aren't as accurate, blah blah this and blah blah that. but there are some things that cannot be helped. We need to accept those things. Not change other areas making it more unrealistic!

They might not be as accurate, so people compensate with more ammo.. sometimes more than 10 times the ammo! which you can throw down in full auto in one spot in 3 seconds. That can't be done with a normal M4 so why are you doing it with this one?

maybe everyone here only plays in woodland or something, i don't understand how people can justify so much ROF. even at 50-60m if you can't hit them with a very quick burst then MOVE! people are letting this high ROF and hicaps to make of for lack of skill (not everyone hear is i don't want anyone wading in with an argument over that) but simply put people think that a running target or a group of people means that they CAN use that much ammo that fast because it means they WILL get the kill! well I'm sorry but that is just gay. the fact that you will run around ALL day using it. when it will really only come up useful once or twice?

I mean a laser has the potential to do more damage then a high rof gun does.
    Seriously? a hi ROF gun that would nicely go under the skin at close range because too many bb's are hitting the same spot. That could tear through someones mesh goggles that could happily withstand 20 pointblack BB hits, now has just been torn through because your stupid gun has put out half a seconds sustained fire into them? or a laser that you would need to stare at for a considerable about of time, restraining yourself against the urge to simply shut your eye or look away.
    Unless your refereeing to lasers that could cut an arm off? Which obviously wouldn't ever be brought to an airsoft game.

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

As chandler says, people wearing mesh goggles, which are a significent portion at my local site, are at risk from players sith high ROF guns. Especially last week, we had people using long bursts at very close range, just as close as when in buildings, where we enforce a single shot rule. Its not about cheating, but about being courteous. You wouldnt want 10 rounds in the head at close range.

Comment

I think the post with the 100 nades and vitamins wasn't meant to be taken literally, it was just an example.

At the end of the day Chandler, it sounds as if you only have the grudge because you like milsim, or maybe you had a bad experience in the past with an irresponsible airsofter with a high rof rifle?

If you don't like it, then by all means go and find milsim games and play there. Then you can have your way with no high caps etc.

You are never going to change peoples minds regarding rate of fire, if people want to use the rifles that they have spent a lot time and money on, then so be it.

What if I said you can't use your Systema because I didn't think it was fair, because it cost more money then my rifle?? Pretty sure you would say to f*** off.

It's airsoft at the end of the day, and I think there are far bigger issues then people using high rof guns to deal with.
        How to deal with cheats.......

Originally posted by cactus
        Put them in an empty room, chuck a few dynatecs in there with them.
        And then just spray them with a vulcan, that'll teach them how to behave..

Comment

Very high ROF equates to very high FPS - both against the spirit of the game and both making up for a lack of tactical skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
            Very high ROF equates to very high FPS - both against the spirit of the game and both making up for a lack of tactical skill.
            I completely disagree.

I run fairly high rps, around 25 odd. I never like to big myself up, but I don't think I have any 'lack of tactical skill' at all. I get involved and to be honest do pretty good at games purely going on k/d ratio and most of the time being a part of taking/defending an objective.

I think that you are right in some cases, and yes, people will get high rof rifles built for them to gain an advantage.

I do all my work myself and take pride in my rifles and I use them sensibly.

Comment

Double post, my bad

Comment

My SYSTEMA isnt better than any other rifle. Nor does it give me an unfair advantage over anyone else.
                I do like milsIm. But I like open days. I just don't like the use of full auto ( three round burst etc is fine. Three shots is fine ) but when someone full autos me from 15ft away Im not happy ! Now that seems to be most people at all sites. So not only there is an issue with full auto a ALL ranges. It's now the same as 2-3 people all using full auto on me at the same time. One round would get the job done but so many believe they need 30 to do the same job. In the same spot on someone. It's easy for people to say I only aim for wEbbing and vests. Well what happens to the guys that don't ? They have to get drilled too because you don't give a toss. Yet if a bloke came around a corner. Saw me 2 ft away. Squeezed the trigger and Put 25 holes intO me arm because his gun was already on full auto.

Comment

I do agree with you on that. No one wants getting full autoed at 15 yards even with a normal rof aeg.

I tend to stick to semi and only use full auto at range, after 30 odd meters I find the majority of the sting is taken out, I can only imagine what it feels like for people wearing webbing/carriers.

At the end of the day it using aegs responsibly, which everyone should be... And it is up to the Marshall's at the sites to enforce this.

Comment

at 25+ metres i dont think id have too much of a problem.

Comment

High rof guns in fact any gun should only need more then 3 to 5 shots to be fired at a target if your suppressing them or there`s some kind of cover or their very far away and moving fast

Otherwise I`d agree 1 hit does the job as long as the person takes it.

There seams to be a few people that are out to "outlaw" high rof guns and a few people who love them what`s the main point we can take from this ? It seams most people on this forum don`t really care a few people moan about it but less then a few % of the people who use this forum seam to have voiced an opinion

So I`d say it`s not a big deal, an the biggest risk to mesh goggles are cold bb`s being shot from a gas gun that has just shot a few rounds they will shatter and a sharp bit of bb is likely to end up in your eye. Stamped mesh is a lot safer but I personally would not use mesh in cqb as I`m sure we have all seen a bb being shot from a gas gun explode on impact ?

Also what idiot is drilling people in the face with a high rof gun ? That`s just careless and stupid like chucking a BFG at some ones face, people need to think before they act and if they can`t play safe then they should not be allowed to play.

What`s next ? ban glocks and hi capa`s because they hold too many rounds and are not realistic ? Ban any gas full auto gun because cool down and cause bb`s to explode ?

The fact of the matter is if they could build a rifle or lmg that shot at over 70rps they would as they`d find some kind of use for it in real life and guess what one day they even might I mean the Russian`s had an lmg that was pretty much just 2 rpk`s stuck together.

I also think the fps limits at most sites are rather low but that`s what the uk is like if everyone acted grown up then 400fps on aegs would not be a big deal at all but in the uk we are not blessed with tons of space like other countries are so we normally don`t have huge sites that require 500fps guns to stand a chance at being able to hit anything.

Anyway summers coming I can put my aeg away and have some fun with my GBBR for a few games too
                      sigpic
                      Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

so it seems the hrof isnt the problem,is irresponsible people lacing up others at close range, well its going to hurt and be unacceptable with just three bbs hitting, so its down to educating people to play responsibly, but you are going to get the occasional person being spooked when someone crosses their path unexpectedly and letting rip,with a hrof aeg from close range, ive yet to see it happen myself, but $hit happens, i dont think its fair to tarnish everyone with a hrof build as,
                        1) cheats
                        2) irresponisble
                        3) poor players
                        4) spray n prayers
                        5) sadists

and its certainly not what airsoft is about by chastising people for having these aegs, and calling for sanctions against them
                        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I think marshalls should just keep an eye on high rof users. If someone is being a pratt tell them to switch to semi for the rest of the day or go home...
                          TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Sewing Machine sounds SUCK!
                            Rik Jones - South Wales Airsoft

Comment

I run pretty much bog standard chinese clones, jg mp5, kalash ak47su, i run them on 9.6v nimh batteries as the lower volt ones sometimes require you to flick it into a different fire mode, that's all the rate of fire i personally need, that and i use semi auto a lot of the time so ROF is kinda irrelevant to me

my opinion on others with insane ROF's on the field?, you can use whatever you want as long as your not being a dick with it, ie, up close full auto, moaning like a pussy about being drilled when your walking around with a black and decker in your hand yourself...you know...things like that

Comment

I think the whole you can use what ever you want as long as your not being a dick with it pretty much go`s for anything we use in airsoft

I guess its easy for a nervous, childish or someone who`s got bad trigger action to misuse a high rof gun but such people would make pretty bad airsofters anyway
                                sigpic
                                Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KaRcop I'm a pilot. Find out more about KaRcop
                                Working...
                                X