Very high rps... What's the point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very high rps... What's the point?

What's the point of having an insanely high rate of fire?

If you can't aim already then why waste twice as many bbs shooting at nothing? If you can't hit then don't shoot, if you can then one shot should be enough, surely? Or am I being obtuse?

:-p

Re: Very high rps... What's the point?

Just to be sure :D

Comment

Oooo, must be a good week since we had this one :D

The answer is:

- Short bursts
      - Quick Trigger Response On Semi
      - Fear Factor

And as always, it's not how fast, powerful or whatever you gun is. It is how you use it!

I have a high(ish) ROF weapon, and I've had a lot higher. Both hardly ever come off semi auto, unless it's covering / movement firing!

Comment

Fair enough! I've just put a 9.6V mini in my ICS and that, to me, is very fast! I'm just wondering why people want more lol

Comment

KWA...11.1v Lipo... sorted :D

Comment

As Jag said trigger response and the fear factor is great with a sound hog!

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
            A brain?
            Originally posted by snuff
            Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

If you have to ask a question like that, you will never understand why....
              Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post
                If you have to ask a question like that, you will never understand why....
                Sigged

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
                A brain?
                Originally posted by snuff
                Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

If you ever new Jags P90, you'll know what fear factor is

My team mate has his M4 set up faster than he can pull the trigger for CQB as its single shot only

Comment

However a gun with very high ROF(30+rps) firing at 320 is more likely to cause injury have a 500fps rifle firing at close range.

If you want fast trigger response get a mosfet fitted, I have been on the receiving end of very high ROF guns and it isn't pleasant.

Comment

I love high rof....Any one visit ASM?

A snippet from one of the gun techs web pages...

I have done it all from pushing 35 rounds per second at 700+ feet per second to over 70rps at 360fps and everything in between. Naturally not everyone wants such high performance.

If you are interested it is Hunter Seeker.....
                      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

high rof has its place, from simply learning gun tech to cqb...

When you put a restriction on power it force's people to upgrade in other ways..

Comment

Originally posted by KaRcop View Post
                          What's the point of having an insanely high rate of fire?
                          Exactly. Deans Connectors and a 9.6 NiMH and it's nice. Fast, but not stupid. I really have never understood why people go for ridiculous rates of fire. Maybe to see if you have the tech skills to do it, but then why keep it that way?

Kills your gearbox quicker, wastes bbs, hurts people needlessly, and for the people who do it to the WRONG guns (I saw a guy with a lipo'd up 35rps SPR), makes you look like an idiot.

Range and accuracy I can understand, but beyond having it nice and fast, I don't see the point. If you want to launch that many bbs in that short a time then get a revolver launcher or just throw the bottle at someone.

It's so much more satisfying to just be firing on semi popping guys from nearly 60m.

As for the fear factor.. my RPG scares the shit out of people much more than any lipo'd up M4 ever will. And it only spits bbs about 10m! lawl
                          Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

I am an advocate of trying to get rof to match real steel. It just sounds better. Having said that it is hard to do if you get a gun like a CA M14 which on standard setup fires nearly 1300 rpm. But my Inokatsu M60 fires at around 750. That is still faster than real steel but sounds much better than a buzzsaw.
                            Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

I like them on support weapons as it will then do what a support weapon is supposed to and keep heads down but on other AEGs then it will get you that snapy trigger response.

A mate of mine is in the process of deans ing up all his gear for lipos even though he never uses full auto, just for that reason.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KaRcop I'm a pilot. Find out more about KaRcop
                              Working...
                              X