Very high rps... What's the point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Very high rps... What's the point?

I personally couldn't the high ROF if i knew i was useless with a normal stock AEG, whilst it does help in some situations, i find the majority of kills i get are with very little rounds, i rarely find my self dumping a mag into someone!
    Trigger response is generally better if set out well, though sometimes if you're using a low torque motor the spin up time comes into play.
    Bare in mind that if you are using a basic AB FET, those can play havoc with your motor on masses of sustained semi. The soft brakes are far better, but the issue is still there.
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

Originally posted by waltzinblack View Post
      As for the fear factor.. my RPG scares the shit out of people much more than any lipo'd up M4 ever will. And it only spits bbs about 10m!
      Not any more, you just killed that one...lol....You will have to put up with the wow factor from now on...
      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

There's a guy at my local airsofting site that has a rediculously high ROF SA80, I don't know exact specs but we're talking so high that you can't here each BB being fired, it's litrally one tone when he pulls the trigger. And the worst part is he just has it so he can completely spray everything in sight, it's not just a quick burst with a few rounds it's more or less pull the trigger and keep it pulled until he needs to wind his mag again. Sorry if this causes any offence to those of you that use a high ROF for a legitimate reason, but it's people like this that make me think they're just trying to compensate for a lack of something... You guys can be the judge as to what that something is...

Comment

Originally posted by Mattplus View Post
          There's a guy at my local airsofting site that has a rediculously high ROF SA80, I don't know exact specs but we're talking so high that you can't here each BB being fired, it's litrally one tone when he pulls the trigger. And the worst part is he just has it so he can completely spray everything in sight, it's not just a quick burst with a few rounds it's more or less pull the trigger and keep it pulled until he needs to wind his mag again. Sorry if this causes any offence to those of you that use a high ROF for a legitimate reason, but it's people like this that make me think they're just trying to compensate for a lack of something... You guys can be the judge as to what that something is...
          If the site was being marshalled tightly that would be outlawed and should be. Thats in the same bracket as holding an AEG out at arms length using it like a pistol, seen that a few times. As well as standard guns being used as a hose.
          Gun tech.

Comment

Yeah, unfortunately he is the kind of person that also runs his gun hot, but because he's a regular and mates with all the marshals nothing gets done.

Comment

Yeah, unfortunately he is the kind of person that also runs his gun hot, but because he's a regular and mates with all the marshals nothing gets done.
              Report it to the site owner, not just the marshals.

WRT spraying: My local site has a 3-second max burst rule.

Comment

Really? Oh right, didn't realise there were rules like that. I will report it the next time I see it then, thanks for letting me know.

Comment

I've been hit too many times with a P90 with a silly ROF. The owner of said P90 also has a habbit of spraying people in the face at close range with a silly rof. He's a good player too, so there's no need for it.

The only gun that should have silly rof are the guns that do in real life too, the M134 is about the only one I can think of.

Comment

I run a high rate of fire gun..
                    I also run it with a 3 round burst fet in it.

One pull of the trigger gives me 3 very fast rounds - all going to the same spot.

A player can sometimes miss a glancing single shot, but theres no chance of it when its 3 rounds to the same spot.

I have full auto if I need it, but I have honestly never used it in my whole time with my current setup.

Also, the technical aspect of building these monsters is great fun, I recently built a 34rps ak for a mate

Comment

its usefull for a supporting role, where you are firing from a static position to keep heads down or to divert peoples attention so that the rest of your team can flank or move up etc, also it creates less need for more people to suppress one area, as there are te same amount of bbs being laid down as if there where afew people all firing at a given position, freeing up more people to manouver themselves to take objectives etc, however people who run around with high rof guns that arnt support weapons with box mags attached should be shot and burned with fire, especialy if they are using them on auto in a cqb situation and firing for the head.
                      PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

Originally posted by FunkycHUNKY View Post
                        If you ever new Jags P90
                        i knew his p90. i last see it in two halfs hanging around his neck on a sling :L
                        old trader rating link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10627

Comment

According to my chrono (Xcortech), my stock TM P90 runs about 1000rpm on 8.4V.

Comment

You want to see high ROF?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l70y7nv92Ac

This guy is shooting 40RPS... OUCH!
                            Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
                            Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

To me thats no excuse, friends or not, rules are there for a reason. If anything that should make him more responsible not less.

I think high rate of fire guns should have less than the three second rule.
                              Gun tech.

Comment

My L119 aeg runs at 25 rps as it has a smart control unit but that is because all my guns run semi auto constantly and i like quick trigger response and it stops any semi lock ups having the SW computer

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KaRcop I'm a pilot. Find out more about KaRcop
                                Working...
                                X