Very high rps... What's the point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Very high rps... What's the point?

I would prefer lower rpm and better range etc , but then again i only use full auto on people who dont take there hits :D:D

Would be no good with low caps or mid caps, my m4 can empty a hi cap in less than 30 secs as standard Short accurate bursts will win the day

Ask about joining the UNIT

Comment

alot of the time it takes like 4, 5 shots before people relise theve been hit, depending on were you hit, with a high rof, they know within a second, so prevents them shotting back before taking there hit or whatever
      Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 23 September, 2010, 07:18.
      sigpic

Comment

This is quite simple.
        A) Because we can.
        B)To bring extra DAKA! to the party.

Sometimes though a high RPS gun happens by accident (not mega high RPS though).
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by jfox61 View Post
          I am an advocate of trying to get rof to match real steel. It just sounds better. Having said that it is hard to do if you get a gun like a CA M14 which on standard setup fires nearly 1300 rpm. But my Inokatsu M60 fires at around 750. That is still faster than real steel but sounds much better than a buzzsaw.
          Indeed, machine guns that chug sound awesome. They should chug, but be able to chug for ages. chug chug chug chug chug :D

Originally posted by midas View Post
          Not any more, you just killed that one...lol....You will have to put up with the wow factor from now on...
          Hahah, I know.. it's broken at the minute anyways
          But usually i'm hanging around TKoS avec Barretts/Revolver Launcher/M79/something scary anyway

PS sorry to all you guys who have high ROF set ups who might've read my first post as a bit angry. I get times when I'm like 'ARGH ANYONE WHO DISAGREES MUST DIE!' and then times like this, where I'm nicer and more 'it's their gun let them please themselves'
          Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

I do enjoy how two pages can stem from one post :-p the way I see it is that people using mainly semi auto or burst have legitimate reasons in wanting trigger response and the person being undeniably hit. Support gunners are excusable for very high rps because of their role. Then there's the guys with normal AEGs throwing a ridiculous number of rounds at people for the 'fear factor' which seems to defeat the point of actually just shooting people... Stealth ftw IMO :-p

Comment

Oh on another note, has anyone measured a stock ICS m4's rps on 8.4v and 9.6v batteries? Mine sounded like 4/5 and 10/12 respectively and that feels fast to me!

Comment

Originally posted by KaRcop View Post
                Oh on another note, has anyone measured a stock ICS m4's rps on 8.4v and 9.6v batteries? Mine sounded like 4/5 and 10/12 respectively and that feels fast to me!
                This would be interesting to know actually, thank you for this question.

Comment

see, I’m against stealth.. I mean there’s stealthy and being stealth like and then there’s deliberately hiding in a bush for 1 hour waiting for someone to walk by... or desert eagle warriors as i call them, a willingness to sit in a room for ages, never moving on the off chance they get a kill with a ridiculously impractical gun. Because of course that makes you elite.

last game I played, I missed the immediate start so I went to my base camp to start then headed towards where I though my team would go, and was shot instantly, I was 5 meters out of my start location, I shouted I’m on your team and he shouted no you’re not, he’d ran round the outside to get to our main base on his own really quickly, then sat outside our spawn location.

I mean he got me, but I literally just started I mean what was the point. Apart from an awkward moment when I had to respawn next to him and agree not to shoot him as it was our main base.

There’s always going to be Extreme's of both types of game play, steath and ROF, when people just take it a bit too far.

Comment

Originally posted by richardy View Post
                    see, I’m against stealth.. I mean there’s stealthy and being stealth like and then there’s deliberately hiding in a bush for 1 hour waiting for someone to walk by... or desert eagle warriors as i call them, a willingness to sit in a room for ages, never moving on the off chance they get a kill with a ridiculously impractical gun. Because of course that makes you elite.

last game I played, I missed the immediate start so I went to my base camp to start then headed towards where I though my team would go, and was shot instantly, I was 5 meters out of my start location, I shouted I’m on your team and he shouted no you’re not, he’d ran round the outside to get to our main base on his own really quickly, then sat outside our spawn location.

I mean he got me, but I literally just started I mean what was the point. Apart from an awkward moment when I had to respawn next to him and agree not to shoot him as it was our main base.

There’s always going to be Extreme's of both types of game play, steath and ROF, when people just take it a bit too far.
                    Where as in my opinion stealth plays an important part in my game, its all about the tactics. If i want to defend a building I am not going to present myself as a target so if you happened to be hit by a guy who has hid in a room for an hour, tough, should have cleared it first.

I regulary set up on respawn bases. Why allow respawned members of the opposing team back into the game. I let them get out of the respawn area by about 20-30 feet and then drill every single one of them. While they are struggling to get out of the respawn area they are not in the main fight. Once tied up 12 members of the opposing team who where busy looking for little old me, and before the comments come thick and fast not firing on the respawn base. As soon as you leave that base your back in the field of play.

I run a pretty quick ROF but its not insane. Have a three round burst due to my Mosfet, one bb may miss but three at the same time not much chance of missing.

Comment

Originally posted by richardy View Post

Just sounds like you're annoyed you got shot! There's a difference between high rof and stealth. With high rof, you're making someone else have a bad experience through being shot a good 10 times (probably) when 1 would do. With stealth, if you wait in a bush for an hour then you're only affecting yourself. Hey, real snipers can wait for days for that one shot! If someone happens to be able to outsmart a team of players and take them out without them knowing where you are, that's clever play!

In my opinion...

Comment

hang on.. hang on.. hang on..

FUN!

are we all forgetting this notion? or am i missing something here

a high rof is dammed fun to shoot with, a guy at my last skirmish had some insane tm p90 literally never heard a rof like that, and it was just breath taking

who cares if its pointless if its so much fun?
                        |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Some people take airsoft way to seriously, it's only a game and its about fun. Quit your moaning. But some people really do ruin it for the rest...

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
                          A brain?
                          Originally posted by snuff
                          Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcaptain View Post
                            hang on.. hang on.. hang on..

FUN!

are we all forgetting this notion? or am i missing something here

a high rof is dammed fun to shoot with, a guy at my last skirmish had some insane tm p90 literally never heard a rof like that, and it was just breath taking

who cares if its pointless if its so much fun?
                            What's fun to him might not be fun to the people that get hit 30 times by his 1 second burst though...

Comment

if you arnt prepared to get hit then dont play

i understand where your coming from but personally i would never complain about it, its all part of the game
                              |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

And the difference of a 5 man team opening up on you compared to a single high rps gun is? Nil!
                                It's all about the fun factor, as long as it's not over kill!
                                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KaRcop I'm a pilot. Find out more about KaRcop
                                Working...
                                X