Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Very high rps... What's the point?

Originally posted by Chandler View Post
    High ROF and a 3 second burst, isn't really a burst. Three seconds is a long time. And 90 rounds (going on the basis of the 30rps) is a lot of ammo.

I don't see how people think they putting 400 rounds down of cover is better than 100 rounds? Like a guy said it's not like they will get there headnup in 0.1 seconds lol.
    Maybe just me ?!
    yeah but its covering fire so who cares. If someone wants to spray loads to keep peoples heads down it's there choice
    TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Lol ok if you want to have that attitude of it's their choice? " doesn't matter if they over kill or don't take their hits, it's their choice aftersll "
      Lol I know where your coming from, but i really can't see the point in high ROFs for covering fire?

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

I dont used high rof for covering fire. I play at a cqb site. My mp5 is ru ning 42rps at 290 fps. I only do short bursts and becauase izm accurate with it i dont think ive ever seen anyone stick there head out against it. Some people will say but wheres the fin in that. I still take my hits and i dont overkill. Its just good thinking

Comment

If u iz so akuroot why du u need burzts innit!? Lol :-P
          Last edited by Chandler; 11 February, 2011, 16:54.

Comment

Lol I know where your coming from, but i really can't see the point in high ROFs for covering fire?
            Well try covering fire with a sniper? wont work, for example with high rof like that its going to 1, make people think WTF is going on, 2, maybe suspect there to be more enemy than the one laying down the sick amount of rounds, and 3, keep their head down due to the reasons before hand.

Im working on a high rof gun atm and think theyre great:D
            sigpic

Comment

lol each to their own mate and not digging at anyone.
              if someone was shooting in my direction giving covering fire and had a ROF of around 15 RPS i wouldnt be putting my head up, hopefully would be waiting for them to change mags so i have my chance to make my move. normally of course they have 400 rounds in a mag so i dont really have much chance, but at the same time i dont really play at full auto sites anymore. My play style is way to different.

Full auto is CQB is just stupid, especially with a high ROF..

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
                Im working on a high rof gun atm and think theyre great:D

IRRC you sent it to midas right?

BOT: I have a what I call a 'Skimishable BPS'. As midas said 30 BPS is a good skirmish speed. Thats with a 9.6v.....

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
                A brain?
                Originally posted by snuff
                Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

yeah had a few compatability issues so, rather than dig a deep hole to throw my gearbox into, i sent it to midas
                  sigpic

Comment

Cheat :p

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
                    A brain?
                    Originally posted by snuff
                    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

• Re: Very high rps... What's the point?

High ROF and a 3 second burst, isn't really a burst. Three seconds is a long time. And 90 rounds (going on the basis of the 30rps) is a lot of ammo.

I don't see how people think they putting 400 rounds down of cover is better than 100 rounds? Like a guy said it's not like they will get there headnup in 0.1 seconds lol.
                      Maybe just me ?!

most of the time i dont even use 2 mags in 1 game alot of them time and there only ca mid caps
                      When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not your Friend!!!

Comment

heard a interesting theory last weekend that high rof may increase range due to the slipstream much like a car doing 180mph max being passed by the same car behinde due to less air resistance. on the bb's so when one falls the one behinde has a bit more momentum from the one that was infront carrying it slightly further this can continue for a few bb's maybe giving a possible extra few yards range i havnt realy thought that hard about it but it did kind of make sense in theory. since with a high rof there would be a much smaller gap between each bb.

Comment

most people with a high rof just like hoseing people down

Comment

Originally posted by tsv2tuff View Post
                            heard a interesting theory last weekend that high rof may increase range due to the slipstream much like a car doing 180mph max being passed by the same car behinde due to less air resistance. on the bb's so when one falls the one behinde has a bit more momentum from the one that was infront carrying it slightly further this can continue for a few bb's maybe giving a possible extra few yards range i havnt realy thought that hard about it but it did kind of make sense in theory. since with a high rof there would be a much smaller gap between each bb.
                            Wow, I never thought of that either. It's possible, but the gun would have to be VERY accurate, otherwise you'd actually expect range to be reduced - this model assumes that the bb's are directly behind one another. If the second bb is a tiny bit off the course of the first, it'll be experiencing uneven air resistance (as part of it is slipstreaming behind the first bb, but part of it isn't). The part that isn't experiences far more air resistance, and this effect results in a turning effect, which may make the bb spin slightly off course. It'll go faster, but swerve more. A car has steering so can compensate for the inconsistencies in air resistance, but a bb cannot. I'm not sure if the effects here will be noticeable at all, but if so, it raises an interesting question - since higher RPS is resulting in lower accuracy but faster traveling bb's, it's one of those trade off cases, and it might be a good test to see whether the higher average speeds compensate for the loss of accuracy, and thus result in more effective range.

Comment

Ive always noticed with my m249 that the last few rounds if they were tight behind the ones in front would keep going a little bit more when the others dropped off.

The other reasons for high rof is 1 fear when suppressing people and also to compensate for the grouping issues that a hop up gives you buy having a faster rof then the real steel you can make up for the lack of tight grouping.

The last reason some people give not me personally is that with a higher rate of fire a mid cap will last the same amount of time firing at full auto as a 30 round mag would in the real steel, some guns can even empty a high cap in the time it would take an m4 to shoot 30 rounds but to get that with a hi cap you`d have to have an almost impossibly high rof Ive seen 70rps before but they tend to brake.
                              sigpic
                              Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Trigger response and to make up for inaccuracies.

If you get the jump on someone putting lots of plastic in the air helps take out the risk that the wind/foliage will get in the way thus letting them escape.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KaRcop I'm a pilot. Find out more about KaRcop
                                Working...
                                X