Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

German Woodland flecktarn loadout's, help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German Woodland flecktarn loadout's, help.

Hay guys.

well I'm looking to sort out my first 'full' loadout. I'm not particularly an image copier, i dont tend to feel the need to get EVERYTHING exactly the same as a photo of some german soldier or anything. but that said i'm quite interested in getting myself my first 'propper' loadout. something like imitates or near immitates the real thing.

now i've no idea what the german army uses in terms of kit (with an exception to the camo patterns and g36's/p8's)

at the moment i've aquired the following. i'll highlight in green the items i use in my current loadout:

As a base: All ex-issue.
    *Fleck-tarn shirt
    *flecktarn hooded jacket ex-issue.
    *flecktarn trousers

Head/Upper: All ex-issue. i have a choice of -
    *flecktarn boonie
    *flecktarn patrol cap
    *flecktarn cold weather hat (with the ear flap things)
    *german helmet cover (i do need a helmet though, as the cover is too small to fit on my issue Mk6)
    *flecktarn full body scrim net (for mouth/neck protection).

Loadbearing/kit: (please dont kill me for posting links )
    *flecktarn SAAV - RETAILER LINK REMOVED
    *flecktarn leg holster - RETAILER LINK REMOVED
    *Flecktarn leg panel - RETAILER LINK REMOVED

Other Items: Odd's and Sod's.
    *flecktarn fleece gloves.
    *brit issue boots

Weaponry:
    *Marui EBB G36k.
    *Glock17 (trying to source a P8)

that's what i've collected so far, the 'only' gripe i have is i would like to stay away from the german issue webbing as i currently have a set of PLCE to go with my DPM loadout. not any particular loadout per-say. its just plce with dpm camo. i'd also like to stay clear of the flecktarn molle plate-carriers (for example the ones on flecktarn). i already have a WAS Ricas & Ricas compact. and wouldn't really like to splash out on another plate carrier. i'd also like to keep this a plate carrier free loadout somthing i can manouver esily in.

anything you guys feel would be of help with this loadout? also does anyone have any good pictures of you/mates in their/your flecktarn loadouts i can use for reference?

if you can suggest something that would help me give it that little edge please let me know. as i've said i would quite like to finish a proper loadout, although with my current item list i know a Real steel based loadout is probably impossible.

cheers all hints/suggestions/comments (with-in reason :p) welcome.
    - Chris
    Last edited by Abbadon101; 6 October, 2010, 23:24.

Re: German Woodland flecktarn loadout's, help.

If you don't want flecktarn webbing and you're not going for a particular unit then you're there really..

though i would recommend you change your Brit issue boots as soon as you can.. almost ANYTHING else is more comfortable! (ironically even the German issue boots!)

i used to run round in full flecktarn kit, i used (and really liked)

Flecktarn KSK Sniper Smock
    Flecktarn KSK Trousers (with the knee pads)
    UBACS
    set of gortex
    flecktarn ranger plate carrier (if you ever do want one this one is super light and very flexable)
    and a flecktarn boonie
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=196931460381827

Comment

not sure what German units there are too copy to be honest, i mean i've no doubt they have armored cav, engineers, ect ect but i couldn't tell you what there called or what the differences in equipment are within the German army.

it may be surprising to some but i have to say my brit issue boots are brilliant wear them when i go to the T.A (obvoisly) and when i work. i have two sets, once broken in there pretty comfortable. that said it does take alot of wear to break them in lol.

no idea what the KSK is, but i have heard them mentioned. i'm guessing there the German equivalent to marines/spec forces?

Comment

anyone know what helmet a flecktarn helmet cover would... well cover? lol. replica or real steel.

cheers all.
        - Chris.

Comment

Should fit a Viper M88. A bit lighter than the real thing, I've got both

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Schaffer View Post
            Should fit a Viper M88. A bit lighter than the real thing, I've got both
            i've got the small/medium sized helmet cover would it still fit or do i need the large/xl one? cheers.
            - Chris

Comment

The cover on my Viper is a G 58 to 60, so probably a large

Comment

@ dxnib1 -got some BW stuff for sale. PM sent

Comment

I have a real German Kevlar helmet, I can sent you a link to where I got it from if you want.

"Superior Firepower: If it's not working, you're not using enough!"

Comment

KSK: Kommando Spezialkräfte as you guessed part of the German special forces. the kit is no different than the rest of the german issue stuff expect it has padding in knees and elbows..

google German KSK for some great reference images.
                    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=196931460381827

Comment

Originally posted by whiteman View Post
                      @ dxnib1 -got some BW stuff for sale. PM sent
                      cheer i'll take a look at my in-box, also if you could send the link Nek that would be brilliant i'm interested in acquiring a German helmet :D

Comment

A flecki helmet cover will fit most types of PASGT style helmet, i think the BW model is called a shubeth. However it should fit a viper M88 fine. For field use you would want a helmet or boonie, as i think the patrol caps tend to be worn more in garrison. The KSK combat is very different to the regular BW uniform as they wear ripstop kit that is very baggy with lot's of carrying capacity. The closest commercial version in the UK is made by a company called tac gear, their chest rigs and ops vest's would be more accurate and durable than a SAAV and are in use by certain elements of the BW including the SF. Another good company is tasmanian tiger, their kit is very popular with the BW. Boots would be lowas i think and for a few years back then german para boots. Most BW soldiers wear body armour on active ops and the current vest i beleive is the mehler. The reg BW soldiers have been using the IDZ system for a few years now, which is the infantry soldier of the future program. The vest's pop up on EBAY.DE from time to time. The old BW flak vest's are availible ten a penney now a day's. I do a german fallshirmjager kit and if i can help any more feel free to ask and i will try to help.
                        Current armoury

ICS L86 A2 LSW - CYMA AIM's - C.A. MP5 A3 - C.A. HK 33 K - J.G. G36 KSK - G&P L119 A1 - C.A. HK 53 - STAR FNC Para -CYMA Galil SAR - Real sword Type 56 - T.M. Sig P226 - KSC USP Compact - KSC HK USP 45 - KSC Glock 19 -

Comment

Originally posted by dxnib1 View Post
                          anyone know what helmet a flecktarn helmet cover would... well cover? lol. replica or real steel.

cheers all.
                          - Chris.
                          The Real helmet is called the Schuberth Gefechtshelm, there is at least 10-15 on eBay.de every day, usually ranging from £40-80... Can also be purchased from BestProtection.de for about 80EUR plus 10-15 EUR shipping.

If you are going for paratrooper kit, the Sprunggefechtshelm is the one to look out for (Also called: Springerhelm, Fallschirmspringerhelm, Gefechtshelm Springende Truppenteile.)

But this usually costs from £180-300 on eBay.de, and they pop up every month or so... BestProtection.de sporadically stock them - but keep going off...

/Josh

This Tea is shite... Needs more Bag.

- Myself

Comment

Could think about a parade helmet. I got one from a well known supplier on Fleabay

Comment

Not sure if youre after the BW Kevlar Pasgt type or the older Steel M1 shaped helmet?

Have a spare Steel helmet with cover and also somewhere have a large sized cover for the Kevlar helmet if any use.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                              X