Comment

Re: Insurgent Load out?

ak72?
      trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Originally posted by Grounded_Pilot View Post
        Yes, I'm going like a low budget rag head.
        Racial slurs ftw?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowdrop View Post
          For your typical Iraqi/Taliban insurgent you will need a dish dash (those flowing robes) and a pair of crappy sandals. If you are going for authentic, for a Taliban, you need a black shemagh, for an Iraqi, it depends if you are going Sunni or shai as on wears the ted and White shemagh and the other black and White.
          Webbing if any is old AK pouches and pretty much nothing else, apart from a beard.
          If you goi IRA, it is pretty easy. Standard DPM, black 3 hole balaclava and often an m16.

The IRA Actually tended to use AK's more than m16's

Comment

Originally posted by atblack View Post
            The IRA Actually tended to use AK's more than m16's
            They used and use whatever they can get their hands on, both were common in the height of the troubles. They also still have a .50 Barrett somewhere that they never decommissioned. Not to mention the odd pinched SA80A1, old Sten guns, anything they could import or steal really!
            Team Chimera Captain.
            Assaulter/Scout Sniper/General sneaky B***ard!

Armoury:
            TM M14, ICS M4 RIS, KA M4SD, ICS MP5 SD6 (for sale), TM MP5 SWAT, Tanaka M700 (for sale), TM VSR-10, TM Sig P226, TM 1911A1, TM Mk.23 SOCOM.

Comment

Ahaha. so to make the perfect outfit, I must sneak into the safe zone, and steal everyone's guns and ammo!

I Liiiiike.

Oh, the IRA weapon choice is just like the rest I guess. what ever they can get hold of.
              But we see threatening images on the news with like 3 of them training, with a Full stock AK, a wire stock and a beta version too........

Besides, I'm going for the Stereotype. Do any of you really imagine an insurgent holding an M4? It's always the AK! :D
              sigpic

Comment

Go for sterotype, its much easier than the authentic look and a lot of people will recognise what you're going for too - authentic can be a bit misleading.
                I have a stereotype taliban fighter loadout and I use;

Head - black and white checked shermagh, with ESS ICE clear glasses
                Torso - a blue linen/wool shirt, nice and tatty
                Legs - a pair of light brown/light kharki coloured hiking/walking trousers. again tatty
                Feet - issued british army LOWA desert boots - 'cos I don't fancy running around in sandals and besides my site requires decent footwear to be worn.
                Accessories - a belt of 100ish 7.62 rounds across my chest, and a viet-cong chest rig I found on the Bay (quite a lot on there, mine was apparently used in the war, so was pretty abused, but serviceable)
                sigpic

Comment

me and atblack both live in belfast.
                  it wasnt a barret they just had a 50.cal machine gun of some description but im pritty sure
                  they have handed it over by now, and yeh it seems they used alot of aks so they could use the same ammo
                  sigpic

Comment

Wasnt the AR 15 used a hell of a lot by the IRA as well
                    Originally posted by iNK
                    Tokyo Marui? Can't say I have ever heard of them. Sounds like some sort of Ramen soup. Are you sure you are not reading off the back of a take-away flyer?

Comment

i remember photos of th ar-18
                      and re: the 50 cal, the one they handed in was a bolt action one (pictures from bbc news)
                      trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Originally posted by UndeadGhost View Post
                        me and atblack both live in belfast.
                        it wasnt a barret they just had a 50.cal machine gun of some description but im pritty sure
                        they have handed it over by now, and yeh it seems they used alot of aks so they could use the same ammo
                        No, it was a sniper rifle, and it was estimated by the security forces that they had at least two. One was indeed handed in, but the other is still out there.

The Rifle was used on at least 2 "successful" shoots on squadies.
                        Team Chimera Captain.
                        Assaulter/Scout Sniper/General sneaky B***ard!

Armoury:
                        TM M14, ICS M4 RIS, KA M4SD, ICS MP5 SD6 (for sale), TM MP5 SWAT, Tanaka M700 (for sale), TM VSR-10, TM Sig P226, TM 1911A1, TM Mk.23 SOCOM.

Comment

Wasnt the AR 15 used a hell of a lot by the IRA as well
                          AR-18s were more commonly used, but occasional yes, as well as Sterling 9mm's ect. A lot of old HKs were used, like HK33's and similar.

They nicknamed the AR-18 the 'Widowmaker'

Comment

No, it was a sniper rifle, and it was estimated by the security forces that they had at least two. One was indeed handed in, but the other is still out there.

The Rifle was used on at least 2 "successful" shoots on squadies.
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_A...0%E2%80%931997)

Comment

They did have 50. Barrett, but there were far more than two, the OIRA supposedly still have one, and the other was handed over, but the RIRA have at least one now aswell, they were planning on using it during the Arydone riots but they didn't use it.

They also had 50. Machine guns

Comment

quit fighting on my thread!

It doesn't matter really...
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Grounded_Pilot Small time technician, based in Norfolk/Suffolk. Airsoft devotee...! Find out more about Grounded_Pilot
                                Working...
                                X