USA M18A1 BB Claymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA M18A1 BB Claymore

My first review on the forum so don't shoot if it's poor.

I'd heard of BB claymore from a friend & was really intrested in getting one to cover my back whilst sniping. The wife finally caved in after all my nagging & got me one for my birthday.

USA M18A1 BB Calymore

First impression, it's well constructed, solid OD Green plastic & steel internals making it quiet heavy. Just over 1Kg.

Comes with a 200m range remote control ( line of sight ) BB Range wise the box says 20 mtr but on testing 10-15 mtr is more realistic. Fills either open or when cocked with either 200 0.12g or 0.20g, takes about a minute to reset & load.

Strong steel legs make setting up really easy, just point in the right direction & pull the safety the retreat.

The Remote can operate upto 4 claymore's at once which for Woodland or Urban is awesome. The Batteries included were as flat as a pancake & needed replacing.

Overall Solid construction, easy to load & setup. Definitely put a smile on ur face when you press the fire button. Will let you know how it performs in the field after the weekend.
    Current Weapons-
    ICS M4 CQC EOTECH 551 EOLAD
    TM P90 Upgraded
    TM VSR-10 G SPEC Laylax internals & 3.5-10 x 40 M4 Sight
    TM Glock 26 Advance - TM Glock 17
    TM MP5K upgraded sniper backup

Re: USA M18A1 BB Claymore

WOW...

Yeah i really wanted this after my last game, but im a little scepticle on its performance.
    I see youve done the flour trick
    Cant wait to hear how it performs!

Comment

How did it perform.......

Set up behind a tree, with me sniping in the bushes 40 mtr away waiting, which yes was boring but when my quarry showed up it made it all worth while. One shot one kill on the lead man, four others ducked into the bush smack bang in front of the claymore, couldn't have planned it better, pushed the button on the remote .....nothing happened ...bugger...after the 5th or 6th push BANG....... another four kills... Awesome.

Apart from the remote not playing to begin with the only real snag was carrying it around between repositioning, the safety key kept falling out & it would explode in the bag, for transporting you've gotta put two large elastic bands around the sides ( swimming pool rubber bands are perfect )

Was it worth the money (£64.99) Hell Yeh, better suited to Urban, on the outside routes around buildings, Woodland again really good but you've gotta keep an eye on it as it may grow it's own legs & walk off.

Current Weapons-
      TM P90 Upgraded

Comment

good review mate. just of intrest, do u need UKARA to buy a claymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Support Gunner Gilome View Post
          good review mate. just of intrest, do u need UKARA to buy a claymore?
          Nope

Comment

sweet :D

Comment

Is there a pouch out there big enough to carry it around ?

Comment

Just a bog standard dump pouch, cost about £20.

Current Weapons-
                TM P90 Upgraded

Comment

Nice review.

I have the same claymore, seems the detonation issues are built in. I saw a website today though that said it is simply cheap batteries which cause the fault. Not tested mine out with better ones, but hoping for more first click explosions.

Tempted with the flour/talc trick myself. How did the victims take it? Not to sure I'd be impressed if my kit was covered in flour to be honest!

Comment

yer but it flour!! it rubs of! its your own fault for being dense and walking next to one!

Comment

Originally posted by sniperiain View Post
                      yer but it flour!! it rubs of! its your own fault for being dense and walking next to one!
                      What if it gets inside your gun?

Comment

Well - Finally got the claymore working!

Two new 9v batteries (Duracell M3's), removed spring from trigger mech, filed catch down a little and oiled up the trigger mech and spring inside.

Now fires first click like a dream each time :D

Comment

that would have been nice for the 3 fort game but no the dam marshal tripped it but luckey for him it diddnt go off. think about about the marshals face if it did happen though!!

Comment

Originally posted by agammage View Post
                            that would have been nice for the 3 fort game but no the dam marshal tripped it but luckey for him it diddnt go off. think about about the marshals face if it did happen though!!
                            Got the remote working now :D So will just blow up who I please! lol

Comment

lol some retal plz he will just be like "wtf happened" and wee will be laughing as u got ur 1st of that game with out fireing a shot

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SGT Blockage Find out more about SGT Blockage
                              Working...
                              X