• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SAS - Black/Blue Kit

interesting vid i thought ^
    sigpic

Comment

MP7 is the standard weapon for MOD plod, so the government is obviously happy with them being (potentially) used around members of the public.

I've been doing some research and I've found a couple of cases where police units have used their G36's in anger and there have been near-miss through-and-throughs:

"An inquest heard how a bullet went through two windows and ended up inside Guildford Cathedral last November after cops shot depressed David Sycamore, 39. He had an imitation gun."

And:

"In a second case of "over-penetration" a bullet is thought to have gone through an armed robber and hit a car."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz14oSnUR3u
      sigpic

Comment

The met shot a guy outside a bank in chandlers ford, bullet hit an old couples car iirc.

Comment

Would the HK53 ever be a consideration for CT? I know they have been used in NI etc so may well be still kicking about?
          HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

I've seen RMP CPU using them, so I can't imagine why not.
            sigpic

Comment

Just sounds like they are play footsie with the Germans(H&K).

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
              A brain?
              Originally posted by snuff
              Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Bit old hat nowadays, as I said latest pic i have been lucky enough to be shown was black kit and L119. If it works use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Montesa77 View Post
                  Just sounds like they are play footsie with the Germans(H&K).
                  back then HK was owned by us though

Comment

does anyone reckon the ump would be used? I'm pretty sure I saw it in a MOD photo with the H&K armoury our forces have access to. not saying it is used of course
                    TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

It just seems sensible to me that as they're already used to using MP5s then if they needed to up the calibre that the 53 would be the obvious choice.
                      HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

What is the point of having lots of different weapons? You have the tools needed to do the job, its not the scene in Commando!

Stop trying to justify whatever gun you have to fit the impression!

Comment

Originally posted by caffin999 View Post
                          does anyone reckon the ump would be used? I'm pretty sure I saw it in a MOD photo with the H&K armoury our forces have access to. not saying it is used of course
                          I think it's safe to say that if the SAS want to use deagles painted in hello kitty colours, they could and would. But, there would have to be a logical tactical reason for it. Anything's possible, but far fewer things are likely.
                          sigpic

Comment

Cheers for the replies lads. This thread has actually enlightened me slightly more than the threads that come up if you do a search (most decend into chaos funny enough!). I think until the next high profile seige, most information can only be presumed with no definate answer. It would also explain why if you google images of SAS they end up looking like SO19 with the reason being they are trying to blend in with them.

Weapon wise I think I'll get a full stocked MP5 (even though I own 2 x G36C's) as I can see the logic behind them still using them.

Do you think they would wear tac vests now? Or would they try to stay as slim as possible for movement?

Also, would they now wear helmets? Respairators are a given I would think due to CS used.

I may be onto a hiding to nothing here!! I was doing my best not to look like SO19 but I have a feeling that the lines between the 2 sets of equipment may be getting fuzzy.
                            Last edited by N_Scooby; 10 November, 2010, 10:56. Reason: Spelling!
                            JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

best bet is getting the replica crw overalls and an sf10 gas mask as thats the iconic sas look therefore no one can mistake it as a co19 loadout , helmet wise is the ac900 but that may of changed now , again i cant see them still using the suede battle vest over more modern and durable molle options , i read somewhere else that someone had heard them using the overalls with a RAV and a MICH2000. but thats hearsay untill we have any proof

Comment

Originally posted by cracking day View Post
                                The 5 is used because it is closed bolt, very accurate and the round doesn't fly though a wall and kill granny on the other side, having used the L119 in Iraq for kicking in doors, its spread across into a world where the enemy might be more prepared than 5 students with hand guns and crap Russian nades that dont go off ala Nimrod.

Having spent time doing CTR and working out who they are going up against, that would be when the correct tool for the job was cracked out.

Head Shot is a myth, you go for centre mass until the thing you are shooting at is on the floor.

The 36c would be used at airports for ranged shots and the need to put the person down quick, the through and throughs would be little issue if a bomb went pop.
                                Iranian Embassy they were doing almost a mag per bad guy.

Problem is, with limited info since 1980, 30 years ago, pics are limited. CD has a few good ones he has put up, but unless you are going totally authentic, which as some on said, will cost, I reckon if you looked for police pics in the equivalent gear, you probably wouldn't go far wrong, they must be pretty similar IMO and most probably wouldn't know the difference.
                                sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

N_Scooby Find out more about N_Scooby
                                Working...
                                X