Newbie Speak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbie Speak

I will admit I did ask a nooby question once. I asked some kid if that was a SCAR he had and he pointed out it was an M4. How I made that mistake I will never know

Comment

A few months back, first game of the day at my local site was a quick single life warm-up game, I was on yellow team and had been hit fairly early and was standing on the causeway at the side of the field chatting to a few of the regulars from red team who'd also been hit, when a bunch of 3 kids on red team came up to us, one of them pointed his gun at me and said "Are you dead?" Considering there were 4 players from the enemy team standing there talking to me, I just looked around, looked back at the kid, and said "No, I'm fraternizing with the enemy." He looked blankly at me and wandered off. :D

I've also had the dubious "pleasure" of becoming a kid-magnet by using my sniper rifle, or more so when I broke out the MG42, I had loads of people following me around, but strangely enough as soon as I started laying down covering fire with it, they all just stood back and watched, despite me yelling at them that I couldn't shoot accurately with the thing! :D
      -Steve

Comment

i hate people that think its a game of call of duty with no scope shots and all that rubbish. But we were all a noob to airsoft once!

Comment

Originally posted by NitroJoe View Post
          That's one way to stop the sport growing.

Who's the idiot, the guy trying to get involved, or the guy trying to humilate him?
          I definitely agree. I love how people can take something so seriously even though the only reason everyone does it is because the real thing is...well, a lot less relaxed. It kind of defeats the object, getting upset about airsoft(ers), especially if they're new to it. I'm sure if someone started out in airsoft and then went into the military, they'd have a few choice noob moments of their own.

Course, I'm not without my own 'moments'.

Once at GZ woodland, it was that point in the day where everyone knows the end is nigh so the fighting centres around a certain point and everyone drifts into it one way or another. Anyhow, Delta is in these trenches. And we're all charging like bolsheviks at them and all.

Anyhow. I got a little carried away and, running wide, shouted "Remember the Alamo!". It would have gone unnoticed, no harm done, if it hadn't been for the two guys who popped up in front of me and leathered me. That was one sad walk to the dead zone.

I also ran straight into a tyre wall while paintballing once...Literally face first. One of those rare instances where you're off balance in such a way, that you know if you stop running you're going down. I wish I had stopped running though, in retrospect.

There was a kid who was a regular, I used to call him Napoleon, because he'd got a very loud voice but very little...presence, on the field (not that I ever did of course, I just didn't shout orders about!).

Once we were trying to sneak up on a held position, and we were doing quite well as it happens, but then he catches up to us. Everyone's hissing at him and waving him down, and he crouches next to me, and I explain what's going on and how if he's going to move around, don't do it near me.

Next thing, he stands up and starts firing his AEG. We weren't even in range.

= Facepalm.
          "A shooter of limited skill, but dangerous enthusiasm."

Comment

In the safe zone i walked past some newbies and they were saying " Oh you should have seen my 360 noscope it was mint".

Comment

We had a new (i hate the term noob we were all one's once) young player play at my local site and we played a game where we had to start at point A and attack point B which was about 400 yards away, when the game started i got hit early on and was pretty much back at the start point and there was this young player behind a nearby tree with his two tone M16 with a box mag (i am not joking) and he was merrily blatting away at something (possibly his own team?) so i went over and asked him how he was doing and he replied he had 8 kills and was about to get another while blatting away at dots in the distance.

Funnily i did point this out to his dad at the end of the game and that he would be hard pushed to hit anyone with a real M16 at that range but i think he was glad to have him outside away from his playstation!!

The other one i still love is all the kids who have watched too much Black Hawk Down and have to shout 'loading' at the top of their voice when doing so and i no longer have the heart to stop them (-;

curlyboy
              'I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around' Han Solo

Comment

I used to shout loading like it mattered - thing is, nothing worse than when your mates ask you for cover and you have to explain it anyways

Another good one, just because I had a bipod on my RPK, I used it as an excuse to shriek "REDEPLOYING!" every now and again. I've long since learned the only time that thing is any good to me is when most of me is safe underground...it's naff in urban, you're basically standing OVER the damn gun!
                "A shooter of limited skill, but dangerous enthusiasm."

Comment

Originally posted by Waco475 View Post
                  I used to shout loading like it mattered - thing is, nothing worse than when your mates ask you for cover and you have to explain it anyways
                  It is great fun when youre playing with other people who do understand though. me and 2 other regulars at XSite were pinned down behind some crates, and we spent the entire game fending them off, covering each other while the other reloaded. Was an intense and great fight!

Comment

i was once UNfortunate enough to own a snow wolf m99 barrett,

and a younger player genuinely asked me if it shot a 50.cal bb......

i think people wold "take there hits" if it did

LOL!

Comment

I must admit I to have had a few noob moments, as have we all. But I think the funniest I've seen is whilst lying in a thick bush with my kwa glock 17 running on green with .36's (cqb) and I've been watching three hire guns sneak up to the control point ( capture the hill game I'm lying under the flag) and I shot one shot another and bang killed the closest one and be decided to open up on full auto ( the cqb at uwg fawkham ranges from 0.1m-15/20ish m so single shot only) I asked him why he shot me after I'd killed him and shown mercy he replied " your bang kill Missed"

Also once put 5 or 10 bbs I into some young yobs chest and he just turned around and dived behind a bush so I sprayed hi
                      through the bush and I could hear him swearing in pain and yet he still decided he wasn't going to take his hits so I walked over with. 132rd shower nade and plopped him on in the chest/face he just called me a noob tuber got all huffy and walked off. I can safely say I was In hysterics
                      Originally Posted by balaclava ben
                      i like to fill those cracks with the good old white stuff
                      sigpic

Comment

me and a mate find it hilarious to speak in a rather loud voice about how we are going to quick scope them etc etc, the looks we get are priceless, and i just laugh so much!

although, the funniest thing i have heard, some little kid (literally he was tiny, barely to my elbow) with a G&G blowback gun telling me about how he was on 74 kills (he was counting ) within 5 minutes. as a joke i said "right, your obviously a good player, i need you to take that bunker". a couple of minutes later he comes back and says "scuse me, i think my guns broke"....

it was on safety!

i laughed so hard that we both got hosed by the people in said bunker

although i do agree with the not being harsh to people thing, i jut couldnt help it, i was literally crying!
                        hasta la vista, baby

Comment

One from yesterday when i was skirmishing.

a rental proudly exclaimed to his friend "i just bought some olive oil drab gloves"

Comment

Originally posted by InFlamesFan View Post
                            a couple of minutes later he comes back and says "scuse me, i think my guns broke"....

it was on safety!

i laughed so hard that we both got hosed by the people in said bunker

although i do agree with the not being harsh to people thing, i jut couldnt help it, i was literally crying!
                            Hehe ive had that with my beretta, Kids see me using it on full auto and get all jumpy so i kinda let them fire it but one of my habbits is to put it on safety.
                            I dont like to be mean because im pretty hopeless on other peoples guns.
                            But ive made a game of how long it takes them to realise the fire selector switch is NOT the safety. *Aim, click nothing* next setting *aim click nothing*.
                            When they do get it working though i have had some rather disturbed quotes.

"Omg this gun is pure sex!" or "orgasmic!"

for the next few minutes of having the gun back i feel a little dirty

Comment

Theres this dude who turned up at my local site and "proudly" claims he can fire a Spas 12 the same speed as a AEG. I left him to it after a "demonstration"

Comment

when I was looking at some photos from the GZ weekender of TKOS at college I always get the same questions and responses about his barret M82 -.- " OMG does that thing hit things miles away" "is that the most powerful gun" so i have to explain to them powerwise there pritty much the same as others in the sniper class although he does like to show off :p

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X