Newbie Speak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbie Speak

Very familiar with the sniper-rental-magnet effect when using the M82. However it's not difficult to simply explain to people that I'd like them not to sit next to me holding down screechy hire gun triggers.

The most annoying situation I've ever had was actually a 'regular'. It was one of a group of slightly rotund players, in multicam, with very expensive kit and a G&P M4 with an unset hop unit. I had spent a great deal of time sneaking around the side of a friend on the opposite team, to finally manage to get the drop on him from about 20m away with my skorpion. Just as i was about to take the shot, said 'regular' (who had followed me and was standing another 20m behind) unloaded an entire highcap in the direction of my target. Now I'm not going to have a go at someone for trying to shoot an opposing player, but I'd spent a while sneaking round, he was well out of range and most of his shots hit me in the back!

Needless to say I was not impressed but decided to just trot off to the deadzone muttering under my breath.

Comment

I had a guy ask me if my WE G36c was a systema...

Comment

Now i can't wait until i take my new G36 for it's first game, just so i can hear the questions from newbs.

Comment

Well I had my G39 and my Taurus raging bull, so I certainly got a few looks/questions.

Comment

Its when you got an obvious SAS loudout and you get some kid saying oh nice SWAT kit and I would be liken-_- since when do swat were a gas mask like this .

Also one from today was some kid trying to persuade us that his de m47 was upgraded to 400 fps and out ranges most guns .

Comment

Has a kid at the labs pick up a stick battery and say to his friend "oh look at this grenade"

Comment

Originally posted by SparkyFloyd View Post
                Hehe ive had that with my beretta, Kids see me using it on full auto and get all jumpy so i kinda let them fire it but one of my habbits is to put it on safety.
                I dont like to be mean because im pretty hopeless on other peoples guns.
                But ive made a game of how long it takes them to realise the fire selector switch is NOT the safety. *Aim, click nothing* next setting *aim click nothing*.
                When they do get it working though i have had some rather disturbed quotes.

"Omg this gun is pure sex!" or "orgasmic!"

for the next few minutes of having the gun back i feel a little dirty
                Best be careful mate, I gave a pistol to someone to try and put it on safety. He yanked the trigger back as hard as he could and broke it.

Comment

i have to say, airsoft is full of some of the most snobbish people i've encountered, who are often rude to new people for simple mistakes.

not everyone knows the difference between an M4 and a SCAR, it's hardly essential knowledge :p

saying that, the majority of people are extremely friendly!

but hearing someone say "omg, take yor hit!" at someone who is 150+ away does grate mildly. :p
                  Originally posted by sparrowhawk
                  Mas...sorry mate,i know you are young, but is English your first language?

Originally posted by jfox61
                  Erm.. wrong website for this sort of thing.

Comment

Once a noob tried to convince me that the G3 i had was an M16 without the carry handle . He then also tried to tell me that his spring pistol was more accurate and had more range than said G3
                    sigpic
                    "Never trust quotes that you find on the Internet" - Albert Einstein

Comment

On of our site uber-regulars pulls out his spanking new ACR, turns to a bunch of tinies and says:
                      regular - "does anyone here like cod mod 2?"
                      n00bs - "YEAH!!! AND BLACK OPS!!!"
                      my team mate - "isn't that an 18...?"
                      *awkward silence from n00bs, laughs all round.
                      Same day, some kid with a 2 tone L96 actually jumps in the air, does a 360 and fires his gun from the hip while screaming "BAM!".
                      I actually ROFLed.
                      One team to rule them all, one team to find them, one team to bring them all and in the darkness of the night battle own all the Deltas. BRAVO HOORAH!

Comment

Originally posted by curlyboy View Post
                        (i hate the term noob we were all one's once)
                        curlyboy
                        In fairness we were all new once, theres a special lvl of, well urm, special reserved for noobs.
                        I'd like to think i avoided most 'proper' noob moments. but then i still have to google the random letters people spout, so i always find people getting high and mighty about that a little rich.

also thing you gotta rememeber is that just cause someone quotes computer games alot, doesn't actually make them a noob. (i mean i 'stormed' a room once and mannaged to get like 4 kills before the other 3/4 occupants noticed me and rinced me. and i was going through the Unreal kill streak sound bites. a little sad that i died before i got to wicked sick but still, it was probably worth the fact i probably died quicker for the fun of it :P) also i almost always say head-shot when i head shot. or click click boom or somthing when i throw nades. it's part of the fun.

and frankly anyone willing/able to jump in the air spin 360 then hipshot the broad side of a barn door, gets at least some respect from me. cause i know i'd make about 180 tops, and proably hit my own foot.

Comment

Heard a few classics recently.

Was in a fire fight 5 of us in total trying to push forward. 1 noob at the rear. 2 guys pushed up got shot so me and my mate left the noob. I pushed forward to med mate giving covering fire. I hear some shouting from the rear ' YOU STOP OR I WILL SHOOT!! ' turned around and said noob shot me in the face

Same game said noob curseing and complaining that his m14 was broke whilst in the middle of another firefight ' this is f##ked, omg you piece of sh#t ' as he was letting the team down i ran over to have a quick look. Still cursing away i reluctantly gave him m4 and told him to get on his belly and cover me. Said m14 was outta ammo. Took a mag him passed it back he said ' didnt realise i had to reload '

So up came the proposal of the day first to get a head on said noob got a mars bar

Ive all the time in the world for noobs TBH we were all one once but 5 mins into a game and getting a shot in the face off this one the gloves came off for me lol
                          USMC are that awesome even Katy Perry wears MARPAT!!

Semper Fi Mofo!

Comment

"how much was your deagle?"
                            "erm its a glock"

how can you mix those 2 up?

Comment

"nice mp5" its a sig 552 :P

Comment

I always remember my very first game, I had a couple of lovely noob moments.

My first was during the first play of the morning. I could just see another player through to trees and decided to rince him. I was really pleased I managed to land a few shots on him however I soon became angry because he didn't take his hit. Few more shots, still nothing. So i take another burst, to my confusion the player walked up to me looking a bit cross with me and said "You won't get very far shooting a marshall love".

My second moment was a little bit later on. I reloaded a hi-cap and spent about 5 minutes trying to wind it holding it upside down, getting quite cross cos it wasn't making the clicking noise, until a nice player came to tell me what I was doing wrong....

Needless to say in the 2 years since that game I've improved a bit
                                Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                                I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X