Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbie Speak

Originally posted by The Keeper of Secrets View Post
    That is without a doubt the best one. Although I always make a point of (after regen) going back to them, tapping them on the back as you walk past and saying 'come on then'. You'd be surprised how many newbies will get up and do quite well provided they haven't got the nervousness of being on point to overcome.
    What probably helps is the fact you might be carrying a Barret:D

Comment

You know after umpiring and organising every two of weeks for a couple of years I've had the following:

"whats the next map?"
      "OK what button do we press to rez"
      "So how long is the setup time"

to which my replies were at the time maybe not the best, most friendly to newer players but may give those members who deal with this week in week out a laugh.

"Map? I was not aware we were in an Xbox in your bedroom"
      "alt & F4, or you could go walk 50 paces away from the shooting and count to 50"
      set up time is however long it takes for you to get your shit together and bugger off to your start point, your side is about 500 yards that way, no You lot wait till your told game is on"

all I can say is ask a daft question get a daft answer.
      Opinions are like ar**holes, everyone has one.

Usually found being very unimpressed by a lot of players, but gets a pleasant surprise when they actually have a clue on a game day.

Comment

New people to the sport who ask the odd daft question I can tolerate, the one's who take it way too seriously I can't!

Comment

Last sat, I got asked "Who was going to camp" - cue the Graham Norton impressions after. :D

Comment

Originally posted by mrpugster View Post
            New people to the sport who ask the odd daft question I can tolerate, the one's who take it way too seriously I can't!
            Exactly, newbies asking silly questions or being awed by my equipment i can handle. Besides they are only kids, we were like that when we were younger.

What i cant stand is people who take the hobby way to seriously. The kinda guys who think its a real mission and expect everybody to act that way. Hell i only skirmish so i have some place i can shoot my guns.

Also i love the enthusiasm the youngest players bring, its fun hearing their over excited comments which some players think might be dumb but lets keep it in perspective. think how dumb some regulars would seem to everyday people discussion the crap they do about real steel and whether the camo is multicam or whatever.

Dont judge other lest you be willing to be judged or people in glass houses should not throw stones.
            AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
              What i cant stand is people who take the hobby way to seriously. The kinda guys who think its a real mission and expect everybody to act that way. Hell i only skirmish so i have some place i can shoot my guns.
              yeah! too right man :D as soon as it gets too serious it looses the fun in my opinion. it also breeds cheaters because people dont want to loose. and what do you do to not loose? dont take your hits

Comment

one time i was playing a game and there were a whole load of rentals there, one of them was a hippy-he actually was-(whats he doing playing airsoft?) wearing shorts and my mate shot him a couple of times with his pistol as we were walking back to the safe zone so he turned around and sprayed him from about five feet away with his rented ak which was followed very shortly by about a ten second burst from everyone else there on his legs. he went home miserable and bleeding

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
                  what do you do to not loose? dont take your hits
                  I think you mean flip the god mode switch to the on position!

Comment

can beat most, check out "how not to throw a granade pt3" on youtube, 5 defenders of which 1 was me against everyone else, as you can gather by the title, it was a bit of a cock up, on their part
                    3 x 1911s allwith custom grips, thompson m1a1

Comment

• Re: Newbie Speak

A while back a new hire saw my l85 and said nice mp5, I got my brothers mp5 out of its bag and showed him it. I have no idea at all how it is even slighly possible even with huge cod influence to call an l85 an mp5

Comment

The best i've heard so far is some new guy with a two-tone pistol with about 5m range runs up to our front line + front man and yells "EERRR? DIE?!" and we all stopped the game to laugh! haha. We then had to explain "surrender" to him... noobs...
                        sigpic
                        Bitch got owned! - Sierra

Comment

Originally posted by Counting Count View Post
                          You know after umpiring and organising every two of weeks for a couple of years I've had the following:

"whats the next map?"
                          "OK what button do we press to rez"
                          "So how long is the setup time"
                          Cmon, what button do we press to rez?. Thats not a dumb noob, that a hilarious kid. You tellin me u dont find it funny to walk around saying dumb stuff sometimes? I was walkin around past people saying to my mate: I 360 no scoped someone! I been quickscopin all day! And crap like that just to look like a twat to other players XD It's fun to talk bout that dumb cod stuff, even though I hate the game. I'm just not serious when I say it.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainUber View Post
                            Cmon, what button do we press to rez?. Thats not a dumb noob, that a hilarious kid. You tellin me u dont find it funny to walk around saying dumb stuff sometimes? I was walkin around past people saying to my mate: I 360 no scoped someone! I been quickscopin all day! And crap like that just to look like a twat to other players XD It's fun to talk bout that dumb cod stuff, even though I hate the game. I'm just not serious when I say it.
                            haha yeah! wicked outlook :D

yesterday at urban assault i couldn't walk properly serious lag man :P haha

Comment

Some kid thought he could "noobtube" with an m203 on a rental gun and put an explosive in it a thermo to be precise well....it melted the launcher shut and caught fire to the strap .
                              First of all, we should bring back the phrase 'Whasssup,'

"We have all been taught - Thou shalt not kill - but hear this ... F*** That S***!"- Staff Sgt. Sykes, Jarhead

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Maple View Post
                                Some kid thought he could "noobtube" with an m203 on a rental gun and put an explosive in it a thermo to be precise well....it melted the launcher shut and caught fire to the strap .
                                Doh!

How did he get hold of an M203!?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X