Agression or Stealth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Agression or Stealth

Stealth, I would have to say. The number of times at UA I've managed to snake my way into buildings full of op-for... I usually see op-for, take one or two out, crap my pants in anticipation of the rest, run like a sissy and repeat until hit.

Comment

Stealth right upt o the point you open a can of Aggression (95/5% Split!)

Comment

Shooting people is by nature aggressive. Stealth is mostly for intelligence gathering, theft, or hiding your biscuits from other office staff.
        Doing the lone wolf stealth killing has it's place I suppose, but you're more likely to do it alone - and there's been too many times I've basically just got lost or the game has ended before I've killed anyone. Rushing the enemy as a team aggressively and tactically makes for a better game in my opinion. Plenty of banter too.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

Stealth isn't hiding in the dark like a rapist, its fluid movement, done silently, using sound and light to gather info on possible threats.

I'll give you a perfect example.

We had cleared 3 floors of building, moved into the final area, held at the door. Gently opened the door about an inch to hear voices. One talking about being up high in the roof, another talking about getting stuck up there and a third talking about passing a pistol down to him.

So from being stealthy, we established there were min 3 threats, 2 in the roof and one on our level. As I watched the third walked across the door, I shot him, with a single shot from my sidearm. Now 2 threats and they didn't even know we were there.

Aggression time.

In we go, secure the room, searching the corners, up high, spot a leg, second target down. One left, up high we know that. Using Centre of Axis, searching the roof till we spot another limb, bang, target down. Still tactical we search the room, corner to corner up the walls and do the ceiling corners.

Room Clear.

Loss to us 0, three targets down.

All achieved by taking a little time to assess the threat, using stealth.

Comment

Indeed. I use a mix of the two depending on what the situation at hand calls for.

The DV game on Sunday saw me using both techniques in one game. I was in a group of 4 and had taken point. As we approached the Ramp building about 10m away, I saw a bunch (probably 5-6) OpFor approaching the building from the opposite side. Aggression time. I sprint to the side of the building facing me, shouting "come on!" back at the rest of my group. They follow. By the time they'd got to me, I was already at the corner of the building and, using Slice the Pie technique, had got the drop one one player that didn't realise we were there. I'm pretty sure he didn't take any hits as he dived behind a bush, but repeated application of auto finally saw him out. My team mates by this time had joined me and were taking up firing positions next to me and on the opposite corner. Another couple of players had also joined us by now, swaying the numbers our way.

Then we became aware that some OpFor had entered the building. After exchanging some shots down the corridor, they closed a door at the end. Stealth time. I took point and took one person with me. We moved slowly and quietly (save for my hi-cap mag rattling a little!) and swept the building. No OpFor (the door closing was probably to cover their retreat back outside). We moved up, joined the rest of the team and pushed forward. More aggression, taking out some more players. We eventually came up on the Bunker, which was where we had to take a VIP. I hit a player around the back and he wandered off. I moved up quickly but quietly to where he was and snuck around the back. I noted he was looking back at me and I could hear someone firing close by and figured it was probably someone on his team. Around the corner I go to find an OpFor facing away from me less than 2m away. DV no longer run bang kills, so I put a single shot into his arse. He put his hand up and said "Hit! Nice one mate."

We lost that game in the end, the rest of the team had found the VIP but ended up getting killed and the game ended when the OpFor got the VIP. It was still awesome though, moving and working as a team using both tactics.

:D

Stuff Wanted!

Comment

It's always nice when people turn around and applaud you for getting the drop on them nice and quietly.

I had a game on sunday where I was the last yellow left. I was using speed and stealth, pure aggression then some more stealth. It was a case of "sneaky sneaky sneaky see a red, be aggressive, take him out, go back to being sneaky sneaky'.

In the end I got taken out because I hadn't moved far out enough after kill number 3 (we were only playing 4v4) and he took me out from range.
              The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Personally I feel that sneaking rounds is great fun, no better feeling than seeing them when you know they can't see you!
                Then grab the cheeky knife kill and the agression comes in once they see you, simply muller them.
                sigpic

Comment

not really a fair poll, should be stealth, or all out run in there and get some. war and fighting is all about agression. an agressive person being stealthy to his target is lethal.
                  Never Really Got that: BOOM ha ha Big 50

Comment

Stealth when closing the distance, then aggression and speed when in CQ. Obviously it's always a mixture of the 2 but I would say Stealth is usually the more important one. (This is going by paintball as I've never actually skirmished in airsoft yet)
                    If you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out.

Comment

stealth for me especially when i play drakelow tunnels, nothing better than sneaking around enemy teams getting knife / pistol kills then sneaking away

Comment

for those of you who think aggression succeeds, your wrong this is why the special forces EVERYWHERE in the world are elite because not only do they all use stealth but they are patient and smart, smart because they let those wanna be HERO's go out spraying and use this to there advantage using stealth . if your hiding behid a box or ina bush pulling of accurate single fire the enemy is never going to seeyou when some dumbass is out acting like teminator

Comment

Originally posted by reaafc View Post
                          for those of you who think aggression succeeds, your wrong this is why the special forces EVERYWHERE in the world are elite because not only do they all use stealth but they are patient and smart, smart because they let those wanna be HERO's go out spraying and use this to there advantage using stealth . if your hiding behid a box or ina bush pulling of accurate single fire the enemy is never going to seeyou when some dumbass is out acting like teminator
                          To begin with this is airsoft we're talking about, and special forces around the world today DO use agression. Let's take an example. An police unit wants to raid a house. Do they go in quietly and sneakily or do they break out the big red key and run in with maximum speed and force? I'll leave you to get that one. Anyway, the 'special forces' units you're talking about. Considering the SAS, Spetsnaz, SWAT and the like are trained for room clearance, aggression is definitely something important. Obviously if they need to, these units can be stealthy when it is needed, but they also have to be able to deliver aggression when it is needed too.

ma 2p

Comment

Both. Having recently attended a training day that focussed on CQB with a floor clearance exercise at the end (hostage situation with jumpy terrorists!) I'd say the ideal thing is to use stealth as much as possible but when you get to that first door and you don't know what's behind it you stack up and prepare for a fast and effective entry and clearance. The way that we were taught was called Dynamic Entry - ie flashbang in quickly followed by two men and one standing in the doorway as support.

Once you've "gone loud" you know they know you're there so you've got to keep going as fast as possible using speed to your advantage.

Just one way of doing it what I were taught :-p

Comment

I did a bit of sneaky sneaky with two other people today, and ended up killing about 4-5 times our number by not being seen and being close to people. One of the most fun i've had at airsoft to be honest, and the adrenaline really kicks in once you're a few metres from someone who has no idea you're there.

Comment

some really good stuff seems to be coming out on this thread. no mentions of bob ross yet... DAMMIT!!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Matteh1990 Find out more about Matteh1990
                                Working...
                                X