1911s + Variants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1911s + Variants

kudos to you matt for using some chemical paint stripper, most ppl that take the paint off a gbb leave horrible paint residue in the hard to reach areas like the slide serrations and mainspring housing.

here's my lovely TM detonics, enhancements include tightbore barrel, 1911a1 trigger, luminous dot on foresight and wood grips - currently sporting some full size 1911 mags. amazing range, accurate to 45m

Comment

Originally posted by bladerider View Post
      Matt you got pics in normal light? That looks like ye done a good job of it my man, been thinking about attempting but afraid of making sh*t of it
      I thankye, quite impressed with the results myself. Intrigued to see how well it ages.
      I'm afraid I don't have any natural light shots as of yet, I finished rebuilding it around 9 last night and Scotland isn't too abundant in natural light at the moment. I'll try and sort some natural pics tomorrow morning

Originally posted by hotelkilo View Post
      kudos to you matt for using some chemical paint stripper, most ppl that take the paint off a gbb leave horrible paint residue in the hard to reach areas like the slide serrations and mainspring housing.
      Cheers HK I have to be honest, it was a slight error in my part that I used the Nitromors.
      I was originally taking the paint off with the wire disc and was happy with the worn and abused work it put over the metal, almost a proper gunmetal grey but shiny in bits. I then went a bit too far with the slide (having previously polished the sides down) and buffed it to a sheen, so the rest of the gun had to follow suit.

I've used Nitromors on a previous repaint of an M4 and it munched through all the layers of paint leaving bare metal, nicer surface to work from, so I stripped the .45 down to bare frame and went from there.

HOWEVER - If you want to do this yourself, I suggest you get full face protection and a hooded oversuit (think NBC protection) as flicked drops of Nitromors, going down the back of your neck, ISN'T PLEASANT! I was standing 6 Feet away and it still got me :p

On another note - love the Det with the full length mag. My hands are too big to use a Det comfortably without a full sized mag :p

Comment

Well i'm in ireland so have no idea what sun or warm means!

Did you use polishing compound that comes in a sold lump or something similar to autosol?

At least the nitro gets rid of unwanted nose hair lol, great oul stuff and saves a lot of time but not to be messed with
        Western arms pistol parts needed please pm me
        Any Full Metal WA pistols? Sell me them!!

Comment

I know the feeling :p

I actually just used T Cut the first time around, no Autosol around. I'm happy enough with the level of shine it has, almost a nickel plate.
          If I wanted to do it properly, I would do it again with a Bench Grinder with cotton wheels and finer compounds.

Agreed, any sense of smell too haha. Definite minimum of eye and hand protection though, Nitrile Gloves, not Latex (munches through them). NOT to be F**KED with.

Comment

Think i'll do a practice run on a few pistol mags and see how it goes.

Sure diesel, petrol and probably a strong p*ss eats the latex gloves!

Must get myself a polishing mop and see how i get on. Ta for the instruction

Comment

WA Marsoc and Caspian (will finish one day!) both Prime metal kits

Comment

My offering:

Base TM 1911
                Prowin metal slide & frame
                Prowin outer barrel
                Prowin metal piston head
                PDI tightbore barrel
                TM hop rubber
                Guarder enhanced recoil and hammer springs
                RS Pachmayr Grips
                Mags are all TM and all modded for hi-flow.
                WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

Stalker thats lovely, single thumb safety gives a much cleaner line and the right side of doubles tends to be too loose to work.

Like the grips too sets it off nicely. Just cant beat a proper 1911

Comment

Old MARSOC gets a new friend a new MARSOC Both with full metal goodness, the new one with trijicon rs night sights,rs dawson precision rail and a Surefire very rare IMPL. Epicness

Comment

So jealous! Lovely pistol

New camera arrived today, will get some better pictures up over the next few days but this shows the detail on the metal kit a bit better so it will have to do for now:

Comment

Hi,

Since I will soon be joining the M1911 club I thought this place would be the correct place to ask questions!
                        So:
                        The KJW M1911, What colour is it? I have seem some in grey and others in black, Black is better for me!
                        I have a freind who is going to make me some custom grips, What do you think I should have on them?
                        And finally, What do you think of these upgrades parts to be added strait out of the box: Nineball rubber & TK twist barrel.

Thanks!

Comment

This really isn't the place for questions post them in the technical or general discussion areas. My advice though would be: Please for the love of god get a TM or WA and not a KJW.

Comment

True, just thought as there are so many M1911 people's :P

And the main reason I am going for a KJ is that I have owned 5 TM's and I want a challenge this time! And also I am fed up paying through the nose for a full metal Prime kit to make it metal.

Comment

If that's what you want to do then I can't stop you but just don't come crying back when you have to throw it away. Plus I think you will find the difference between Prowin and a KJW metal kit is HUGE.

Comment

Yes I understand, This will be a project gun.

The main problem is that when I had a TM It felt like a toy, and the prime kit I got was more than my AEG is worth, My idea is that if I can take a underdog pistol to TM levels It will be a intresting venture.

Also WA pistols have disapered of the face of the planet!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apurturesci Male Find out more about Apurturesci
                                Working...
                                X