Kalashnikovs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kalashnikovs

got to be onest kang, i think that is a bit over done mate, may just be me though
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
      got to be onest kang, i think that is a bit over done mate, may just be me though
      Yep. Think I did get a bit carried away. Looks alot less bright in real life though, flash is really lighting it up

Comment

More AK!

Must. Have. More.

This one includes DAKKA DAKKA gas blow back action.
        AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Make?

Comment

GHK
            AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Nice, Still wish GBBR's were allowed at FS' sites though

Comment

Wheres the stock Fenriz!?

Ive been working on mine again this evening. Got bored of the wood, so went for something very different. Its not finished yet, Ive just put it together to see what it looked like so far. Just done another Coat, and its much darker, and more what I wanted. So expect that up once ive sanded and oiled that and everything!

Comment

and the finished product!

The only annoyance, is that one side of the wood doesnt look as good as the other. Weirdly the grain is vertical on that side, and makes my work look a bit weird!

Comment

The stock be underneath. Haha.
                    AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

My bad! Doh!

Comment

The reason why the grain is different is because (just like the original AK's) your hand guard is plywood.
                        "I guess it comes down to a simple choice. Get busy living or get busy dying."
                        Red - Shawshank Redemption

Comment

Kang that is BEAutiful, and BEN as always very purdy too, need to start taking photos of all my stuff and sticking them on here, I always say that but never get round to it.....
                          sigpic
                          G&P M16A1, CA XM177, CYMA AKM AIMS, KJW CO2 1911, WELL MP5K GBB, M4 with M203

Comment

@Ben just out of interest what did you use to darken the wood? I've been thinking of doing this for a while and really like the effect you have got.

Comment

Its really easy. All you have to do, is sand it down until its just the plain old wood, no varnish/oil/finish on it. Then get some acryllic black paint, and paint a layer on. The thicker the paint, the darker. The more water you add to the paint, the lighter. Put on a nice coating, leave for 30 seconds, wipe off with an old rag. Repeat the process until finished. (to give some perspective, the first 2 pictures are after 2 coats of watered down paint. It wasnt dark enough for me, so 1 layer of solid black paint resulted in what you see further down)

Once thats done, apply 2 coats of linseed oil, leaving for about 10-15 minutes between coats. Then, a day or two later, one more coat, and hey presto!

I got it all from this guide…

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/revie...-appearance-21

Comment

No offence intended ben, but there must be a thousand pictures up of the same ak on this forum.... lol
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jon Bon Find out more about Jon Bon
                                Working...
                                X