Snipers, love us or hate us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snipers, love us or hate us?

I'm rather interested to hear your opinions on this. Do you really like to have a sniper on your squad with a 500fps rifle? or would you rather him to have lower powered fully auto weapons etc

discuss :D
    Yes they are a great help (500fps)
    57.82%
    Should be a lower fps for close quarters (500fps)
    7.41%
    Yes they are a great help (Under 350fps)
    6.79%
    No, i think they are a hinderance
    8.44%
    I don't mind.
    21.81%
    Other (Please state)
    5.14%
    Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
    Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Re: Snipers, love us or hate us?

We can't have 500fps over here (well i've never heard of a site that allows it lol).

Generally in airsoft i don't really see the need for a sniper at all. Maybe its because all guns here are 330ish fps? Makes a sniper reduntant when you can fire the same distance as him with a pistol lol.

I've never been hit by a sniper and the nightmare for them is tha when they do fire and give away their position, they just get mullered by someone with an aeg.

Comment

I must say i was with a fellow forum member on weds and he was on our team sniping he earned the name vassili zaitsev by the end of the day he was getting some cracking kills with his i believe L96.
      Even so i think im neither for nor against.
      But i do respect the time and effort some of you guys put into those things to get them as accurate as oversize pea shooters can be...lol

Comment

I voted, I don't mind, for the simple reason that I don't mind.

Comment

im with tisane great respect for the time, money and effort that goes into a good sniper rifle BUT if the rifle isnt up to scratch i think snipers are just a fear factor to new players that still think FPS is everything.

I would love to get my hands on a nice l96 and have a go myself.

The only time they can be a pain is when they tell you they can take someone out (at range) and cant.
          Check Out My Sales;
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...rs-and-adaptor
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Impulse-buys

Comment

Only time i think it would get a firm thumbs down from me is if a noob turned up to a cqb game with one.

Comment

In terms of GZ if the person knows his range limit and respects it then i have no problem

hell if its an enemy they are easy to get anyway, run at em, worked today anyway lol which was pretty funny.

Comment

Originally posted by ash8811 View Post
                im with tisane great respect for the time, money and effort that goes into a good sniper rifle BUT if the rifle isnt up to scratch i think snipers are just a fear factor to new players that still think FPS is everything.

I would love to get my hands on a nice l96 and have a go myself.

The only time they can be a pain is when they tell you they can take someone out (at range) and cant.
                Pm me if your ever in need of one
                Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
                Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

"other" i play the role of a sniper not a stupid 500billion fps 12 year old Codkid...

Dragunov.. .30bb, .Hi-capa.. .23bb, Sorted
                  415fps W/.20 .320FPS w/.20
                  Originally posted by jonnyhal
                  For Sale: very nice heavy springer
                  Originally posted by soulflame2
                  when it says 'springer' does that mean its a spring powered gun? not a semi auto

Comment

Similar post above;

'other'.

I've found a lot (and I mean A LOT) of kids coming to the site with the theory CoD has put into their head, and they couldn't hit the side of a barn with a shovel!

Just tend to blister my nut with the fact they just go static rather than applying any kind of pressure when attacking.

On the flip side however, there's a few guys who are pretty nifty at it... I've been on the receiving on of GaurdSniper a couple of times...
                    Originally posted by andre the giant
                    ...most of us like a balance of shooting and drinking tea.

Comment

Originally posted by ash8811 View Post
                      This is the point that annoys me most about sniping. People instantly assume your gun will hit the dark side of the moon, and tell you to kill people at 100m with only their little finger sticking out from behind cover.

Comment

Actual snipers, no problem so long as they stick to the rules.

Have I seen anybody I'd actually consider a 'sniper'...only a few times.

Most the time it's watching a two tone and ghille suit run at a base! Plus I can't stand people who go on about it, when they are living in an alternative universe where they are actually good!

Comment

It's always handy to have a sniper on your team - For those long shots which no-one else can get
                          sigpic

You're funny....I'm Gonna Kill You Last
                          Originally posted by Kagedwolf
                          I suppose your catchphrase would be "HEIL HITLER!"?
                          Originally posted by Major
                          well i doubt it comes under any copyright infringement!

Comment

im past caring about snipers.

when i first started i was worried about snipers on the other team,Then i realised they dnt have that much range over an aeg anda very slow rof,so in conclusion just keep shooting at them and move forward.

so yes they are usefull against noobs (psycologically)

i do agree with some of the above comments about noobs and COD

Comment

One of my mates is an airsoft sniper, and not just in the sense that he sits behind our front lines shooting the enemy. You could probably more class him as recon, and he does just that, recons the area, and can delay the enemy team/reinforcements for a decent length of time.
                              We've had many objectives where sending a two man sniper team in quietly with a distraction from somewhere else got the job done quicker and easier than trying to go in brute force.

So basically, I'm all for a sniper, but only IF they have taken the time to learn how to do it well.
                              Some kid with a cheap springer who thinks he's uber because he can do it on COD does not help, and in actual fact hinders you, since you have to take into account that he cannot engage from within the MED. Basically takes you a man down.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stickybomb NAE 10/11/12 attendee Find out more about Stickybomb
                              Working...
                              X