Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snipers, love us or hate us?

I, pride myself as a "sniper".

I play woodland, in an area of Norfolk that actually seems to have some hills @_@

I'm not a two tone user with a ghillie, infact I use old DPM trousers, tear em up and put em on the gun. I only use DPM as camo and it seems to work.

I play the psychological game- I often let the enemy see me at distance and then disappear... he he. Usually I employ someone to help me out. A rifleman, to act as a spotter and make sure no-one gets too close.

Being a sniper on a team does help. Because when the two sides clash in woodland, the sniper can move up to that front. AEGs have max ranges of like 60m with a nicely upgraded gun. My sniper can hit around 80m to a reasonable accuracy. So, this means that where all the guys with AEGs are firing at each other I am well in accurate range of my targets if I stay a little back from the firing line.

I also play the defense sniper well, digging in cover (lots of ferns where I play) and Picking off the attackers until they finally overwhelm the position, where I make my last stand with my pistol :D
    sigpic

Comment

I started out as a sniper, which was arguably the worst thing I could have done
      My weapon of choice was, and still is an M14 :p
      It was a long and bloody annoying road to getting to be where I am in airsoft today, but I'm more of a DM than a sniper. I'll be buying a nice bolty this time around and when I get the time I'll be fine tuning it like I have done with my M14 and this time with quite a bit more knowledge than before :D

Comment

My 2p
        Ive met one good sniper at catterick in 7 years of playing and worked as his spotter all weekend cracking job he did helped us win with his recon and skill at taking out the key players.
        My opinion on the rest that Ive met is that they are to be glorified marksmen within a squad which to be honest, is the best role of a 500fps rifle in airsoft due to its limited ranges.
        Also young guns with high powered rifles (COD to blame) hurts, especially at a range of 2 feet. I had to dig the bb out form my arm after suprising the lad hiding in an upstairs room.
        If you cant use safely it or don't have a sidearm by an AEG please its safer and allows one to learn the ranges and accuracy quicker before developing to bolties later.

Comment

True, I wouldn't recommend anyone getting into airsoft follow my example, as it just leads to little to no kills until you stop being stubborn and take off the scope :p
          Using the M14 with irons got me so much further before it got it's upgrades

Comment

i also like cerbo started as a sniper,

im patient enough to wait for people to come to me, im by no means amazing at what i do, i miss like others but i always enjoy getting those hits which just seem perfect !

snipers, can be a right pain if on your team if they don't know what to do,

myself i will adapt to what our team needs, if some one needs me to distract i will, dig in i will, recon i will. i enjoy being versatile.

i went bolty to dmr, back to bolty and am staying with my m700.

i dont mind. . lets call them entry level snipers, who want to learn but those that think they are invisible in a ghillie while lying on concrete do annoy me.

i also think that in certain circumstances that the sniper has more psychological power.
            example being one person who is good can suppress 2 or 3 people for a length of time.
            sigpic

Comment

It is possible to be an entry level sniper, but very difficult and I know that I made a fool of myself more than once :p
              Patience is definitely required though, unless you're in a squad in which case you should be using a SASS and not a bolt action :D

Comment

i think i wrote that a little wrong,

you can be a sniper at entry level, you do have to rely much more on luck and your own bush-craft skills.

rather than relying on range etc.

agree with the semi , although my friend and i both have gas bolties and run off on our own for the day . the rest of our friends dont see us at all which i consider a good thing
                sigpic

Comment

Personally i would prefer more DMR than snipers because if worst comes to worst they can still go to fully auto and defend if needs be

Comment

Originally posted by Mac4456 View Post
                    Personally i would prefer more DMR than snipers because if worst comes to worst they can still go to fully auto and defend if needs be
                    Sorry, but imho if you need full auto on your DMR you shouldn't be calling yourself a DM
                    That's my view on it, lock it to semi or don't be a DM :p

Comment

i started my airsoft life also as an 'entry level sniper' however i dont regret it as i'm patient and although you may not gett many kills but when you do you feel like your usefull :D and i have to agree with cerbo knight here; i used my friends m14 for a bit and arguably it would be my weapon of choice if i had the money

Comment

I just fell in love at first sight with my M14, it's got the range and a sturdy v7 gearbox, and some mean looks to back it up :D

Comment

Snipers cant charge.
                          G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                          RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

I'm a DM

Comment

I honestly have no opinion on this. It's like asking if I prefer people to drive Ferraris or Lambourginis when in fact, I just like cars generally.

I'm game with all forms of airsoft and however people play, so long as everyone remembers its just a game. As long as its not douchebaggery or self-important delusions, you can't go wrong!
                              "A shooter of limited skill, but dangerous enthusiasm."

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderloaf View Post
                                We can't have 500fps over here (well i've never heard of a site that allows it lol).

Generally in airsoft i don't really see the need for a sniper at all. Maybe its because all guns here are 330ish fps? Makes a sniper reduntant when you can fire the same distance as him with a pistol lol.

I've never been hit by a sniper and the nightmare for them is tha when they do fire and give away their position, they just get mullered by someone with an aeg.
                                At Elite action games worthing you're allowed 500fps bolt sniper with a 30m minimum engagement distance
                                "I guess it comes down to a simple choice. Get busy living or get busy dying."
                                Red - Shawshank Redemption

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stickybomb NAE 10/11/12 attendee Find out more about Stickybomb
                                Working...
                                X