• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snipers, love us or hate us?

Too right :p
    So how bout them non hit takers eh? :D

Comment

ive never come across it actually, the sight where i play everyone is an honest player

Comment

Really? Well I've gotta go visit your neck of the woods sometime...
        There are one or two players at AWA who just don't give up, and some of the stories that go around you wouldn't believe... and in fact I don't :p

Comment

where i paly they are really strict
          if you are caught taking a sniper shot (over 350 fps) at someone within twenty metres your never allowed to snipe again
          i came close to it once but it once , maybe a 25 metre shot

Comment

Ah, we have a strict 360 fps limit. That's after variations are taken into account
            Doesn't matter to me though, my M14 chrono's at 349 +/-2fps at worst

Edit: That's 360 fps for everything, bolties included. Small rumors that go around the younger players say that site members are allowed 500fps bolt actions, and 400fps Semi auto's but I'll have to become a member to verify that one :D

Comment

this is on a bolt action so its allowed the extra
              semi snipers are 370 i think with the engagement distance

three times ive been to skirmish with an aeg and its been too hot by about 5 fps

Comment

I've never had that happen to me yet, but I'm going to be doing alot more gearbox work this year so I've started to build myself a chronograph as a side project
                And I wish I had a minimum engagement distance instead of the same fps as every other AEG

Comment

id hate to have an engagement distance on an AEG, you dont get much more fps and you cant shoot for the first 20m
                  would be better (in my case) to have 20 less fps and be able to use fullauto bursts too

Comment

I would say that but I'd rather set myself up with an airbrake piston mod and be a bit more silent :p
                    I don't like full auto on M14's but that's more personal choice anyway :D
                    Unless it's a 'nam style M14, which then it's ok!

Comment

Snipers do have a good part to play in a skirmish, as long as there are not silly amounts of them in a game, nothing worse than 30 a side and half the team sniping, a few in both teams adds to the game in my opinion, especially if they are good at it, makes you think a bit more.

Comment

had some of the funnest times airsoft going out with the rest of my team all with different roles, CQB (gas 5 shot shotty and p90), standard (m4 i think it was), DM (upgraded m14), heavy gunner (cant remember what gun) and myself sniping with my upgraded gspec. we stayed as a group and didn't split and however odd the combo it actually worked really really well, we went through CQB areas, to woodland, to upstiars buildings to open ground and was such great fun!
                        Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Originally posted by balaclava ben View Post
                          had some of the funnest times airsoft going out with the rest of my team all with different roles, CQB (gas 5 shot shotty and p90), standard (m4 i think it was), DM (upgraded m14), heavy gunner (cant remember what gun) and myself sniping with my upgraded gspec. we stayed as a group and didn't split and however odd the combo it actually worked really really well, we went through CQB areas, to woodland, to upstiars buildings to open ground and was such great fun!
                          That's a good squad combo add a grenadier and you got a airsoft a-team, a DM and sniper to provide long range cover in two seperate directions is a near surefire way to stop or slow potential flankers whilst allowing the blitzkriegers to charge up forward not having to watch the rear as much, if you haven't already use 15-25m leap frogging tactics and you'll be on the enemy in seconds.

Peace out
                          Originally Posted by balaclava ben
                          i like to fill those cracks with the good old white stuff
                          sigpic

Comment

Only like em when theyre on my team

Comment

new to this forum so hey guys, im personally going to purchase a sniper just for the experience, (used a cheap l96 the first time i went and loved it) only issue is i dont know which to buy. i myself have an AEG that can outshoot most others on my sight however i feel it doesnt quite cut it for me.
                              any recomendations for which sniper to look into?
                              (i know this is slightly off topic)
                              looked at a Mauser SR Pro rather than the l96. prefer that pistol grip
                              They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far
                              -Tony Stark
                              sigpic

Comment

personally id go with one of the vsr variants
                                if you can afford it, go for TM
                                if not then JG do some quite skirmishable guns as standard

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stickybomb NAE 10/11/12 attendee Find out more about Stickybomb
                                Working...
                                X