Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

has anyone done or seen a sustained fire line in airsoft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: has anyone done or seen a sustained fire line in airsoft?

Regularly see this at my normal site, as well as 'advance to contact', 1 group supresses whilst the other moves, then they supress and the first group moves, etc etc, heads pinned then hit the flanks at closeish range, when done right its fast.
    Some may know it as pepperpotting.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

This is how i react to fire not sure about anyone else; If its in my direction i'm not afraid not pop my head out of cover and look around but as soon as the bb's start hitting something hard like a wooden barricade it sure makes me keep my head down The sound of guns firing isn't much of a threat but the sound of bb's hitting very close is enough to keep me down.

In short, if the enemy is suppressing fire; i'm going to hide till the fire stops...or atleast pauses

Comment

Originally posted by DCR View Post
        How's that for a necro post?
        Last game at TWA Anerley, the opfor tried something like this on our dug in position. They all stood up at once and started firing in our general position. Couple seconds later they were all dead. We could see + shoot them from our cover, they couldn't. Real life tactics don't really work. You have to make airsoft tactics

Comment

Obviously didnt do it properly!
          sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Yes. At Bluestreak Airsoft last week. My self, Bob86, Wrobin and a few others went head on kicked ass.

Comment

Grizzly, do you mean the game out the back at Anerley? I've seen it work (sort of) once there,it can be done but you need an organised group

Comment

i do a support role in ww2 events where there are very tight ammo and re-gen limits, in those games there can be a really good use of tactics including suppresion ,in short if only support guns are allowed over 200rnds ammo then you have to pick you'r shots and the tighter re-gen means you want to stay alive .it really brings tactic's to the fore ,it's intended to make the use of bolt action sub 350 fps rifles into a real option because if you have an smg with only 200 rnds and limited re supply then you cant just spray away.
                in these games support weapons are defensive or suppresive and only fired deployed not standing(no Rambo's running around firing support weapons) , rifles(bolt action) are assault weapons and smg's best saved for storming bunkers or desperate defense .
                nothing like this work's well on open day's

Comment

at MAW ten of us (defending the hill to the west of the site) stood at the base of it and did a Zulu, front rank knelt, rear rank stood - whenever we saw enemy we all opened up. Held them back for about two minutes before someone snuck into range and shot the lot of us!
                  Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by GrizzlyDemon View Post
                    Last game at TWA Anerley, the opfor tried something like this on our dug in position. They all stood up at once and started firing in our general position. Couple seconds later they were all dead. We could see + shoot them from our cover, they couldn't. Real life tactics don't really work. You have to make airsoft tactics
                    Yeah, where Airsofters tend to go wrong is with accuracy and movement, suppressive is just that, it has to be accurate enough to force the other player into cover, at the same time the suppressing team needs to be moving up to take advantage of that suppression.
                    section 24 of the 1968 Act
                    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

we did this a few week's back a team of about 10 squaddies (rifle's para's and lancs) vs 30+ regulars and rentals held up in a big killhouse we advanced across about 40m of open ground with just a couple of barricades ...how we did it was the 8 suppress the windows from a highpoint and me and another lad from the para's rushed forward carrying smoke grenades ( not your standard airsoft ones lol) and hit the deck by then the whole open ground was covered in thick dark green signal smoke got behind cover and chucked the smokes forward and took out people in the windows ( the defenders had 3 lives each we only had one).
                      then gradually the rest moved up 2 at a time while still suppressing the windows. we eventually got to the outer wall and fro mthen on just did flashbang through the door and windows to each room and rush in ...didnt loose a single man lol and took out the equivalent of 90 players best game i have ever played in my life.

proper tactics work well in airsoft but the whole group has to know what they are doing and they have to be tweaked slightly for the closer ranges and projectiles of airsoft ...for instance with airsoft its better to shoot as something near the person that will make a loud noise when hit instead of just the air around them, it puts more of a fear factor into it

Comment

pics or it didn't happen
                        Originally posted by palmer234
                        Swerve talks sense. I like him.
                        Originally posted by Robin-Hood
                        Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

I shall see if I can dig out a few from that day

Comment

did this at bluestreak last game. wasnt planned or anything but the game was an assault on a long rectangular building with our spawn point facing the long side of it. Between our spawn and the building is entirely open ground. our whole team just naturally fanned out into a line basically the same length as the building and just advanced while suppressing the building. Worked very well too, we covered the whole ground in one go with few casualties. Cos the whole team did it and we were the full length on the building we easily suppressed every window and door.

i know in airsoft there is no fear of death so suppression is a bit more difficult but we have a crap load more ammo than in rl and fear or no fear if you can hear a hail of bb's slamming into every inch of the door you want to peak round...your not going to peak round...even if you do youl be dead before you get a shot off

id love to do a lot more proper tactics but its not really doable with strangers...all the airsofters i know are just aquiantances i meet by chance at games from time to time so never been able to get a team going

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

santa i take the 2 most dangeruss elements known to man and make them work for me.......and a posable bomb Find out more about santa
                            Working...
                            X